Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports July 09'

NL

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Storm Reports for the month of July.. lets hope it becomes a long thread..!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Thunderstorm last night between 1.45am and 2.30am, with lightning visible to the north until just before 4am. Moderate rain and light winds. Mostly IC lightning and rolling thunder with it.

Posted

Thunderstorm over Tyne & Wear between 3:10-4:00pm, very little rain so we must have

just caught the southern edge NW rainfall radar confirms this.

Posted
Thunderstorm last night between 1.45am and 2.30am, with lightning visible to the north until just before 4am. Moderate rain and light winds. Mostly IC lightning and rolling thunder with it.

That will be the storm over the wirral from 2.20am till roughly 3.30. Not of great intensity but two cg's and a lot of ic. 1st of the year.

Posted

A rare thundery day here in the northeast today,with the first storms kicking off around midday and continuing off and on for the afternoon,and still the odd rumble even now.

Some flooding has occured in places,which perhaps isn't suprising given the impressive cloud structures around today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Strong storms here today between 14:00 and 17:00 on and off. The odd rumble now, but just moderate rain at 23.5C. 38mm has fallen here this afternoon :lol:

Posted

morecambe bay recieved its 1st storm of the year around 4-5am this morning, a few flashes of lightning, a fair few rumbles of thunder. my folks rang me from just down the coast in blackpool at 4.30am, apparently a house on the same block as them was struck by lightning. this being the bispham area of blackpool.

Posted
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides
  • Location: Brue 30m amsl, West Coast, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides

Very rare occurrence on the Isle of Lewis of a Thunderstorm with torrential rain and hail at 14:00 hrs lasting for 50 minutes

Loud cracks of thunder with CG lightning. Pea size hail for a a couple of minutes.

Preceeded by very well marked wall cloud moving in from the SSW.

Posted

Decent TStorm here in Eastbourne. Plenty of CG and IC with loud claps of thunder and mucho rain.

Posted
Decent TStorm here in Eastbourne. Plenty of CG and IC with loud claps of thunder and mucho rain.

Quite a surprise as earlier than I thought it may occur, but nice to hear a few rumble before it headed northwards. Not alot of rain though in the water butt this morning :)

Callie :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A brief but heavy thunderstorm passed over Bristol yesterday evening with very heavy rain indeed and quite a bit of thunder. Have had a few intense downpours this morning also but no thunder.

Posted

Heavy rain, thunder and lightening...the first of all week (bar some light rain overnight one night).

Been reumbling away for the last 10-15mins.

Posted

Mid to high based storm brushed the Tyne & Wear area around 1:20pm and rumbled on for about 1½ hours

saw around 5 flashes and saw 1 'pinkish' bolt.

Posted

Seems likely the Northeast will lose the title of being the worst place for Ts as weve just had another..!! :doh:

Really impressive structure with about a dozen observed lightning and 20+ thunderclaps some very loud.

Still raining but no electrical activity seen or heard now. Not a bad ½ an hour storm..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow
Seems likely the Northeast will lose the title of being the worst place for Ts as weve just had another..!! :doh:

Really impressive structure with about a dozen observed lightning and 20+ thunderclaps some very loud.

Still raining but no electrical activity seen or heard now. Not a bad ½ an hour storm..

Yup, it was quite impressive, I saw a cg bolt and some hail fell from it :doh:

Edited by alza

Posted

Was a storm here at 7 PM'ish this evening, though I'm not sure I would call it a storm as much as I would a cloudburst with thunder and lightning.

The best part what that big flash about half way through with very loud multiple booms, I'm guessing it was a very big cloud to cloud type flash moving along the base, though I only saw the flashes it generated rather than the actual bolt.

Here is an in progress radar image I uploaded of it in the convective discussion:

post-131-1246824675_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

On Ferriby Foreshore (about 2 miles upstream of Humber Bridge N bank) at 13:00 looking SSE. Heard thunder from storm to NW that was moving NE - distance about 5 miles or so.

Second storm approaching from SW at same time was peppering the Ancholme Valley (Lincs) with CGs - up to 4 per minute. Watched this for about half an hour as it moved across the estuary and over the Humber Bridge. Nearest lightning to location was about 1 second between CG and thunder.

Lovely vista to watch a storm - most surreal experience was, in the middle of the storm CGs everywhere, a man pulled-up in his white van and unloaded three crates of racing pigeons!

Dangerous sport?

PS:

Thunder SW of Sancton E. Yorks at 14:30

Thunder heard W then N Beverley E Yorks between 19:15 and 20:00

Posted

I went on a bit of a chase from the New Forest to Alton. Although there weren't really electrified storms down here, the structures were still good.

8595.jpg

8601.jpg

So I decided to see what was at the end of this tail... chasing down back roads that were flooded from the core made it difficult:

8610.jpg

I thought I could see a cloud lowering through the trees just infront/above me, whether it did actually drop I couldn't see but I found this scene around the next corner!

8608.jpg

And the prize at the end of the rainbow, this anvil:

8622.jpg

What a nice local chase this evening for a change. :)

Steve

Posted

Some notable storm action in the northeast today,especially around the newcastle area where there was some local flooding as well as plenty of thunder and lightning.

There was a funnel cloud seen in the stanley area at around 1.45pm,which was also spotted by myself and a few other members.

Quite remarkable for this area. :D

Posted
Some notable storm action in the northeast today,especially around the newcastle area where there was some local flooding as well as plenty of thunder and lightning.

There was a funnel cloud seen in the stanley area at around 1.45pm,which was also spotted by myself and a few other members.

Quite remarkable for this area. :winky:

Obviously never seen that funnel cloud but i did seen one around here yesterday morning, Lorrie would also appear to see the same thing and it looked like a developing funnel cloud. Only lasted for around 30 seconds but interesting nonetheless. :D

Posted

one rumble and a couple of flashes, east of here, as a line of showers went through around 1320