Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Eeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaa! :lol:

I just want to see one bolt of lighing I haven't seen any in well over three years now. Just one bolt of lighting from this it was to give me something.

Posted
LOL. Nothing to take pics of apart from greay cloud :D

Wrong topic?

Still the odd rumble of thunder but its moving away, glad to hear it is widespread with a good few members reporting the thunder :lol:

Not the wrong topic, im relating to the dew point in terms of thunderstorm development today, i have been on this thread since this morning discussing the convective potential, and local conditions come hand in hand with convective discussion....

Posted
I just want to see one bolt of lighing I haven't seen any in well over three years now. Just one bolt of lighting from this it was to give me something.

hope you see something

Edited by Stuart

Posted
Not the wrong topic, im relating to the dew point in terms of thunderstorm development today, i have been on this thread since this morning discussing the convective potential, and local conditions come hand in hand with convective discussion....

Yep, and if people want to know the current conditions in Hull which aid to storm discussion they can look at the appropriate current conditions topic. Not that hard is it, you didn't even mention anything about storms in that post... but anyway, lets leave it there and get back on topic.

The front has intensified and increased in speed quite a lot. Good luck everyone in its path!

post-26-1246627739_thumb.png

I wonder if the trough behind will intensify as well.

Posted
Yep, and if people want to know the current conditions in Hull which aid to storm discussion they can look at the appropriate current conditions topic. Not that hard is it, you didn't even mention anything about storms in that post... but anyway, lets leave it there and get back on topic.

The front has intensified and increased in speed quite a lot. Good luck everyone in its path!

post-26-1246627739_thumb.png

I wonder if the trough behind will intensify to as well.

ok fair enough.. sorry

Posted
hope you see something

Constant thunder now, the heavyest rain I have ever seen in my life now, can't make out the end of the street!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
wow 24.7c with a dew point of 18.2c :|

Chances of you seeing a storm today are extremely slim, theres no real potential, doesen't matter if the temperature is high or not because in situations like this the chances of a storm on the back edge of that main band for Hull is probably about 5%

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

ANYWAY, can anyone tell me what the radar for W scotland clyde vally look slike, round Helensburgh the MetO radar wont load for me! Panic moment!

Edited by Ross B
Removed reference to deleted post

Posted
if hes starting arguments just ignore it, he can't argue with you if you don't reply and if you ignore someone long enough they usualy go away.

ANYWAY, can anyone tell me what the radar for W scotland clyde vally look slike, round Helensburgh the MetO radar wont load for me! Panic moment!

Wish i could help you but i dont have NW extra anymore, i tried signing up yesterday but for some reason it kept rejecting the debit card. All i can say is that the main band is now moving NW. and itensifying on it's N most edge.

Posted
Wish i could help you but i dont have NW extra anymore, i tried signing up yesterday but for some reason it kept rejecting the debit card. All i can say is that the main band is now moving NW. and itensifying on it's N most edge.

Good, means this should keep going for a while, I'm concerned I can hear tons of emergency services close by I hope no ones been hurt.

Posted
Good, means this should keep going for a while, I'm concerned I can hear tons of emergency services close by I hope no ones been hurt.

Could be some flash flooding, i think it was Ross B the other week got some amazing footage of flash flooding, i'm sure it was Ross B) .

Your area is prouned to flash flooding, but its moving through quicker now.

Edited by Lewis

Posted
Could be some flash flooding, i think it was Ross B the other week got some amazing footage of flash flooding, i'm sure it was Ross B) .

Your area is prouned to flash flooding, but its moving through quicker now.

Not so much where I live is prone to flash flooding were on a huge hill side, I can't remember ever getting flooding here but futher up the river, dumbarton area is very prone. I was floored by Ross Bs footage I was on that road just an hour or so before the storm hit I wanted to cry when I got home and found out what was going on. I always think of that footage now when we drive down it haha.

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted
Ross i'm just asking who was arguing with who? I missed the original post Sammie replied to and you know... I've got a feeling Lewis replied to me because I said Hull wasn't likely to get any storms this afternoon, could be wrong though.

Sferics popping up in NI now, out in the North sea and more in Scotland too. Its nearly that time of the day again 4pm where things start to get interesting. I can sense something in the air.

Posted
Sferics popping up in NI now, out in the North sea and more in Scotland too. Its nearly that time of the day again 4pm where things start to get interesting. I can sense something in the air.

Yes but if you look on the radar it's unlikely that any of those showers heading your way this afternoon are going to be thundery. I could be wrong but the ingredients for storm potential is poor.

Posted
Yes but if you look on the radar it's unlikely that any of those showers heading your way this afternoon are going to be thundery. I could be wrong but the ingredients for storm potential is poor.

Have you not seen the latest METO radar, some intensification on its W edge with a smaller shower developing ahead of it, so there is clearly convection taking place.

Posted
Have you not seen the latest METO radar, some intensification on its W edge with a smaller shower developing ahead of it, so there is clearly convection taking place.

Yes but I am following it on the Net Weather radar which has lightning detection overlay. There is lightning from that heavy shower that is off the coast near Lincolnshire but that looks like it will miss you by about 10 miles.

Posted
Yes but I am following it on the Net Weather radar which has lightning detection overlay. There is lightning from that heavy shower that is off the coast near Lincolnshire but that looks like it will miss you by about 10 miles.

Have you listened to one word i have said? Showers push N and can become electrical, just because its not thundery now does not mean it wont be when it hits me, and i dont know what your looking at, but do you actually know where Hull is?

Give it until 4-4:30

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

we've just had that intensification pass through here lewis but not a sniff of anything thundery, just a short heavy downpour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We're talking about thunderstorms here, guys...They develop out of nothing and then disappear for no apparent reason. Who knows where one will spring up, when and where the conditions seem right? B)

Posted
we've just had that intensification pass through here lewis but not a sniff of anything thundery, just a short heavy downpour.

Thanks for the info, very promising indeed.

I may come accross as an ************ when talking to Andy, but i know my area better than anyone with certain situations, when showers hit the Humber it can make a huge difference, it's like the humber is a mini micro-climate, it does it with snow, thunderstorms etc when conditions are right, and i feel as if they are.

B)

lewis

Posted

Anyone know if there was any thunder/lightning around my area about 2-2.30pm.

Ive been stuck in A&E all afternoon with my wee girl and im sure i heard some thunder..just my luck if there was after waiting all week for it. :doh: