Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

MAF

lol i guess some people don't look at charts or they would know the northerly today isn't of true arctic origin as reef says alot of warm air was pulled north last week so alot of it gets mixed in the air to our north, true northerlies of true clear arctic air are very rare in July as warmer airmasses take over all around us, still today feels cold to me with cool northerlies, cool dewpoints for the time of year and mainly overcast conditions it really does feel unJuly like, all the fans are off at home, in offices and people are wearing more layers as well and more layers at night.

The coldest uppers haven't reached us yet either down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

as my weather station is back in service my observations - temp 22.1c 50% humidity dew point 12.5c wind NW 6 knots

Posted

Dry with sunny spells, and a very pleasant afternoon with a light to moderate northwesterly breeze and temperatures at 20.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
Cloudy & cool with a max of 17c so far. Dry at least but pretty dull & boring. Thought northerlies were sunnier & more exciting than this?!

I guess that's more the case during winter & spring.

Yes, pretty much what Reef said really. I think the most important factor is the amount of modification of the upper air. If the upper air is cold, especially if from an arctic maritime source, sunshine and showers is likely to be the result at any time of year, as the cold air clashes with warm sun-heated land in summer, and warm seas in winter. Modification at upper levels, however, "stabilises" the airmass and causes clouds to spread out into stratocumulus layers rather than towering upwards into cumulonimbus cells. It's similar to the process that causes cold upper-air easterlies to bring sunshine and wintry showers in winter, and warm upper-air easterlies to bring dry cloudy weather.

Northerlies are more likely to be modified in summer than at other times of year because the continent warms up and therefore any input of air from Scandinavia is likely to stabilise the airmass- whereas in winter and spring Scandinavia is usually pretty cold.

The well-known cool cloudy weather in the second week of June 1995 resulted from northerlies. The initial northerly blast on 7 June brought sunshine, showers and scattered thunderstorms but a more stable, dry northerly brought cool cloudy weather to most parts from the 8th to 15th. A similar process happened at the end of August 1995 when a northerly brought heavy thundery showers to eastern areas on the 27th but thereafter it became cloudy and mainly dry.

Posted

Mostly cloudy, some sunny intervals, but also one or two light showers earlier on. Current temperature 18.1C, today's high 21.0C, with a brisk breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Today’s weather

Pressure 1015.8hPa

Current Temp 17.9c

Highest Temp 24.6c

Lowest Temp 14.5c

Humidity 57%

Dewpoint 9.2c

Windchill 17.9c

Min Windchill 9.6c

Current Windspeed 2.9mph

Max Windspeed 8.6mph

Wind direction W

Rain Total 0.0mm

Monthly Rain Total 11.9mm

Posted

A beautiful evening out there, perfect for grass cutting! Quite warm and still with sunny spells, and temperatures still up at 17.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A dry day with sunny intervals until early afternoon, then mainly cloudy.

At 1800 g.m.t;

Temp', 13.4c

Max' today, 16.3c

Min' last night, 10.7c

Grass min', 10.3c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, nil

Sunshine today, 2.05 hrs

Mean wind speed, 12 mph NW

Highest gust today, 29 mph NW at 1146 g.m.t

7 oktas stratocumulus and cumulus

Vis', over 50 miles.

Posted

Time 22:55 Greece time

Air temperature : 29,1 C

Humidity : 47 %

Wind : calm

Pressure rel : 1011,4 hpa steady

Dew point : 16,7 C

clouds : 0/8 sky clear

Daily rain : 0,0 mm

Rain month : 9,6 mm

Rain year 2009 : 228,1 mm

Min Air Temperature today : 26,8 C

Max Air Temperature today : 35,3 C

Greek weather stations top 100

http://greece.gotop100.com/

Posted

Quite enjoyed todays weather even though it stayed predominantly cloudy with no sunshine. Thanks to the high level cloud cover and the fresh polar airstream we have currently visibility has been excellent, shame I couldn't take the day off and go walking, in my book ideal walking conditions, little wind about and very comfortable weather for rigoruous walking a complete contrast to this time last week.

Did feel rather chilly though with maxes no higher than 17 degrees, quite poor for July.

We are doing quite well here this week, we have had limited rain, tomorrow and Friday look reasonable, but oh joy Saturday doesn't...

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Rather cloudy am, sunny intervals pm. Cool and breezy (NW).

Min: 11.2c @ 0100

Max: 17.9c @ 1400

Rain yesterday: 5.9mm

Rain since 10am: Trace

Currently: Mainly cloudy, cool.

Temp: 12.3c

Pressure: 1016mbar, rising.

<br />lol i guess some people don't look at charts or they would know the northerly today isn't of true arctic origin as reef says alot of warm air was pulled north last week so alot of it gets mixed in the air to our north, true northerlies of true clear arctic air are very rare in July as warmer airmasses take over all around us, still today feels cold to me with cool northerlies, cool dewpoints for the time of year and mainly overcast conditions it really does feel unJuly like, all the fans are off at home, in offices and people are wearing more layers as well and more layers at night. The coldest uppers haven't reached us yet either down here.

Parts of the MIdlands reached 22c today hardly the mid teens you were predicting for mid week.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

test

Posted
Rather cloudy am, sunny intervals pm. Cool and breezy (NW).

Min: 11.2c @ 0100

Max: 17.9c @ 1400

Rain yesterday: 5.9mm

Rain since 10am: Trace

Currently: Mainly cloudy, cool.

Temp: 12.3c

Pressure: 1016mbar, rising.

Parts of the MIdlands reached 22c today hardly the mid teens you were predicting for mid week.

I was quite pleased to reach 20c just ahead of the showers yesterdayafternoon