Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Norwich Storm 7th July, Nice Structure

Posted

Super pics once again. :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Nice one Winso I think from that distance it shows the storm at its best and entirety. Looking back at those it certainly was a nicely structured storm and big too. Did it seem to be moving quickly cause judging by those pics it seems to move away or is it just the odd telephoto pic that makes it perceive in that way? Also is the funnel coming out of the line of inflow clouds there or is it just me?

Posted

I think it's the shift from 20mm to 10mm that's made it look like it was moving away. It was actually going right to left reasonably slowly in the photos.

It does look a bit like inflow but it was actually a separate updraft which grew on the flank of the main storm. It did develop a bit of a precip core but never got that heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
I think it's the shift from 20mm to 10mm that's made it look like it was moving away. It was actually going right to left reasonably slowly in the photos.

It does look a bit like inflow but it was actually a separate updraft which grew on the flank of the main storm. It did develop a bit of a precip core but never got that heavy.

That reminded me of storms later on in the afternoon where I saw some nice inflow on the side of them. Don't they call it 'the beavers tail' in america? Nice to see that kind of storm structure with the flanking line, anvil etc here in the UK, seen it so many times in US storm chasing videos :lol: