Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Ross B

Posted

A new week and a fresh topic!

Estofex have much of the UK under an area of general storms tomorrow but nothing severe.

http://www.estofex.org/

UKASF going for something similar although going for a tornado threat for the midlands and Wales and more organised storms later on for southern Scotland/N.England much like the BBC's forecasts of today.

post-26-1247440132_thumb.png

Synopsis

An area of LOW pressure will be the dominant feature of the weather across the UK on Monday, centred primarily over the north Atlantic just west of Ireland. Some showers will be present even at daybreak across the U.K., especially across Scotland. During the day further scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected to develop thanks to embedded troughs and fronts within the anticyclonic flow around the area of LOW pressure. Slow-moving torrential downpours may cause local flash flooding, particularly in central, northern and western parts where the showers will be most frequent. Hail is also very likely to accompany the showers and thunderstorms. There is an enhanced risk of a tornado developing, particularly over Wales and the Midlands. Whilst most showers and thunderstorms will slowly decay during the evening, they are likely to persist well into the night across northern England and southern & eastern Scotland.

http://www.ukasf.co.uk/module-Storm/mode-forecast/id-237/

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

post-4475-1247459723_thumb.png

post-4475-1247459712_thumb.png

Skew charts are looking good for the North East today, Cape showing 0ver 900 however , Cape charts does`nt matching that figure, I'm still hoping for something this afternoon , I am in Gateshead again today around 500ft above sea level

Posted

Looks like ESTOFEX and UKASF have the West and North West pinned for today's fun and games, even the good old BBC are talking of an area from Devon & Cornwall all the way up the West coast and including NI. Some of the charts/models cover the NE as Nigel has shown, so a resonable area under threat later.

36_24.gif

gfs_kili_eur18.png

post-6667-1247469377_thumb.png

If I had to plump for a virtual chase today I would say North Wales into Merseyside, but I wouldn't be surprised to see dogs and Jane Louise getting some action late morning early afternoon.

I think overnight and tomorrow's chances may be more widespread and could include some of the SE:

gfs_kili_eur18.png

Rmgfs336.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

well.... im watching the charts very closely today and into tomorrow! im storm deprived and i need to hear at least some thunder :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Its like waking up on a cold winters morning to find the ground covered with snow..

This time, I open up my browser check a few sites and see thunder warnings!! Swwwwwweeeeeeett

I was not expecting this today.

Only decided to check because the skies are getting darker with some convection.

Lets hope something happens today then. Everythings missed here recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I shall enjoy the sunshine and the warmth that summer days should bring.

While :D:D:cray: while the maps elsewhere yield pretty colours.

Just some fair weather cloud amongst blue skies here at the moment - not looking good for any convective weather, though every single map and chart seems to agree with that :(

Posted
well.... im watching the charts very closely today and into tomorrow! im storm deprived and i need to hear at least some thunder :D

Looking good for most parts of the Country catching a storm of sorts at some stage this week, especially the North and West. As ever with showers, some places could get a deluge whilst just down the road it could remain dry.

Edited by Koppite

Posted
I shall enjoy the sunshine and the warmth that summer days should bring.

While :D:D:cray: while the maps elsewhere yield pretty colours.

Just some fair weather cloud amongst blue skies here at the moment - not looking good for any convective weather, though every single map and chart seems to agree with that :(

despair not, Friday's FAX chart has caught my eye :(

post-8218-1247474824_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Anyone got any opinion on this sqally line about to pass over me? Im in Gloucestershire, GL10 for NW radar users.

Posted
Anyone got any opinion on this sqally line about to pass over me? Im in Gloucestershire, GL10 for NW radar users.

It is strengthening but I think it might only really get going further north, this set up probably won't give much for the south.

Edited by dave48

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Just had an absolute downpour had around 3.8mm in about 15mins no Sferics detected but only a matter

of time hopes are high for some serious action this afternoon and into the evening.

11:20am.

Posted
Just had an absolute downpour had around 3.8mm in about 15mins no Sferics detected but only a matter

of time hopes are high for some serious action this afternoon and into the evening.

11:20am.

Yes, it is looking very promising for you! Some convection is starting here and I should get imports from Wales and the north Mids this afternoon.

Looking like a fun week! :D

Karyo

Posted

A lot of convection here , towering clouds. Looks promising

Posted

Recent satellite picture maybe showing a trough from south wales to around the solent which may be worth keeping an eye on.

Posted
but I wouldn't be surprised to see dogs and Jane Louise getting some action late morning early afternoon.

So sorry!!! Can't resist ... :D *Snigger* :D

Posted

Line of showers to my SW slowly edging NEwrd though still no storms. Probably much later on in the day somewhere further N more likely to see any storms that develop.

They have arrived here, just dark skies and moderate rain at present. Maybe later hey, here's hoping anyway. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Line of squally rain showers starting to push in here, could be some thunder later.

Posted

Lots of heavy showers around here as well. Pretty sure i can see a wall cloud/gust front forming on a shower that moved over half an hour ago and has barely moved away.

Posted
So sorry!!! Can't resist ... :) *Snigger* :D

BEKA!!!!! :D For once I missed that!!!!!

Posted
Nice gusty moderate shower passing through here moving N. Looks like I missed the best it had to offer, though there are a few showers forming to my S so something to keep an eye on.

The showers from north Wales are now affecting Merseyside. I can see them to my west.

I am counting on your showers developing and hitting here later!

Karyo