Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Ross B

Posted

As karyo says, looks interesting for NW England this evening :D

Posted
it's gone from glorious sunshine to bedtime out to my west lol.

Rain now after a day that was much better than the forecast. Very wet month continues.

Mark,

Teesdale, Co Durham

Posted
it's gone from glorious sunshine to bedtime out to my west lol.

Missed the showers here today so far but might struggle to miss this one!

Posted

A line of 3 thundery showers lasting about an hour,one to the east died 1 distant flash,most active to the west for thunder quite frequent no IC`s though,and one which came overhead high level thunder, with a wall cloud and heavy shower gave 1 bright flash and loud thunder overhead but just behind me.

Nowhere as much rain as yesterdays shower though.

2nd best storm day of the year,with more thunder to april even though the lightning sites havn`t even picked it up. :D

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

A light shower just passed through, but hopefully that big shower near derby will clip my area without weakening

too much :D

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Just looked out the window at work (near Liverpool Airport) and it's as dark as night with very heavy rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not much rain here today. Surprised to see so much heavy precipitation on the radar and little of it is thundery. Just the odd sferic here and there.

Posted

You can see the showers crossing Edinburgh on this Edinburgh University webcam. It'll show you a timelapse of the past half hour or so:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/abs/Weathercam/wcam.html

Good heavy showers just now, but nothing upstream (south) on the Met Office radar. Sun coming back out now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
You can see the showers crossing Edinburgh on this Edinburgh University webcam. It'll show you a timelapse of the past half hour or so:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/abs/Weathercam/wcam.html

Good heavy showers just now, but nothing upstream (south) on the Met Office radar. Sun coming back out now...

Very impressive footage, SSS... :D

Posted

Firing line :D , hopefully thee ppn behind the main behind will intensify post-8968-1247502972_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Well i am a bit dissapointed to say the lease, after seeing the charts and skew charts this morning i expected more than a a few showers which lasted for about 5mins if that, Skew charts projected CAPE of 900 for my region today , The other week we only had CAPE of around 500 and we had a terrific storm

Oh well suppose there is still time for something to develop but i cant see it happening now{we will see}

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Yes KARYO and DAZMASTER. Does ideed look "interesting" for NW England this eve. Took this pic looking S at 5.30pm towards the approaching rain. End of the world is nigh I think. Lively crackles on MW radio.

Hello to STORMCHASER. This lot will be n=marching yoir way eventually no doubt.

post-9606-1247503421_thumb.jpg

Posted

I seriously went to Cumbria on the wrong week! I could've stayed at home last week and witnessed the storms here, then headed to Cumbria this week and witnessed the storms right now overlooking Morecambe Bay: :lol:

th_DSC_0236.jpg

Posted

That interesting looking line of showers have well and truely arrived here,looked threatening as it approached from a distance ,but now its here its just grey and overcast with moderate rain. There is no thunder either,very dissapointing yet again

Posted

Thunder now.. Disconnecting. Bang.

Posted
am i going to get a storm in cumbria ?

Possibly, you are on the edge of one of the thundery areas of rain. You are probably going to miss the worst of it though.

Posted

Very dark to my south :lol: The shower just to my south is very slow moving.

Edited by sufc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow
I seriously went to Cumbria on the wrong week! I could've stayed at home last week and witnessed the storms here, then headed to Cumbria this week and witnessed the storms right now overlooking Morecambe Bay: :lol:

I know the feeling - I'm going to Cumbria next week so there's bound to be some good storms this week :lol: