Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thursday / Friday Storm Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

I see things are firing back up today to the north of me on the radar East Anglia/ East midlands currently at 26 strikes/min...

Similar to what we got yesterday!! Only this time it's much more 'home grown.

Posted

Have you had much rain there Jane. Are you any where near RAF Fairford, off to the airshow tomorrow and don't fancy it being cancelled like last year due to flooding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
Have you had much rain there Jane. Are you any where near RAF Fairford, off to the airshow tomorrow and don't fancy it being cancelled like last year due to flooding

Cant speak for Fairford but here we got just 12mm of the 75mm forecast, no flooding issues and Fairford wont be cancelled anyway as they have improved the car park arrangements from last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hi rich,

Not much rain here at all at the moment.We had moderate rain last night though without any flooding!Tomorrows weather for Fairford I think will be sunshine and the odd light shower. I hope the airshow still goes ahead for you. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
I see things are firing back up today to the north of me on the radar East Anglia/ East midlands currently at 26 strikes/min...

Similar to what we got yesterday!! Only this time it's much more 'home grown.

Bite your tongue! :doh: You mean south Lincolnshire is getting that lovely storm, but the East Midlands in general is getting N-O-T-H-I-N-G. In fact- I'm kicking Lincolnshire out of the East Midlands region for today, because they were lucky enough to get that storm!!! :lol:

Posted

Thanks for the info windswept and jane. I know they have made improvements to the car parks at fairford, but if we had rain as forecast the improvements might not of been enough. Cheers

Louby contacted me from the M4 just outside of Swindon and says the thunder and lightning are incredible, she can hear it above the car and radio noise and the road is awash as they have substantial and torrential rain.

Traffic cam pic from approx location:

post-6667-1247826957_thumb.png

I can almost smell the burning air :doh: