Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted

Today would be a pretty poor day for November

Temp falling slowly 10.8C. Driving rain.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Weather here has been a bit nuts since 11am, sporadic rain and loud booming thunder on and off. Thought it had cleared, but just had another 2 big crashes. Oddly the skies not very dark here and haven't seen any lightning either, so im guessing its really elevated. :doh:

Posted
You should have gone east would have been a different story!

I got an hours worth at least of footage with heavy rain for 30 mins or more and lots of lightning. Unfortunately camcorder didn't have enough charge on the way home to get the amazing CC lightning strikes right in front of me! I'm yet to view the footage as not been up long as I was up until 3am and now charging camcorder for todays huge storm to the east of me.

Coming up from the south too!

Had a really early start in London yesterday, so needed my beauty sleep ( actually I need that even without the early start)

Clouding over here at the minute, just heard a distant rumble. Which ways that storm near Norwich headed? looks like east of me again

Posted
Weather here has been a bit nuts since 11am, sporadic rain and loud booming thunder on and off. Thought it had cleared, but just had another 2 big crashes. Oddly the skies not very dark here and haven't seen any lightning either, so im guessing its really elevated. :lol:

Yep, same here, just loud booms of thunder constantly, is actually 'very' bright lol

More cells popping up on the back edge of this lot.

EDIT: And dammmmn, it's cold!! :doh:

Edited by JamieUK

Posted

Didn't find it cold though jamie when i went out to the shops around 12pm, just cool, but at the same time very sticky and humid with a warmish wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

we had the most torrential rain and thunderstorm here last night, rumbled on for a few hours. But that was nothing on the torrential rain we saw this last lunchtime, an outbuilding at my work got hit by lightning. Dried up for now tho !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looking outside, you would be forgiven for thinking it was October. Windy chilly and light rain. YUK.

Posted
we had the most torrential rain and thunderstorm here last night, rumbled on for a few hours. But that was nothing on the torrential rain we saw this last lunchtime, an outbuilding at my work got hit by lightning. Dried up for now tho !

Can vouch for that - I had a 2 hour power cut this morning because of that!!!

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveni...3A19%3A10%3A673

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Had a really early start in London yesterday, so needed my beauty sleep ( actually I need that even without the early start)

Clouding over here at the minute, just heard a distant rumble. Which ways that storm near Norwich headed? looks like east of me again

It's moved up through Norfolk to the East of Norwich - over the Broads and now to the coast, but there's a longer cell or group of cells drifting NE up from W. Suffolk/S. Cambs way.

Posted
Looking outside, you would be forgiven for thinking it was October. Windy chilly and light rain. YUK.

Swap your conditons from mine :doh:

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
It's not? :doh:

You gotta love the British weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a clap of thunder of nowhere :o ! Notts sheild is weakening!!! Sudden downpour as well!! woo-hoo!! :doh:

Posted

Ooooh baby, seems to be getting a little more intensified here, louder more frequent thunder, rain is moderate

Posted

Started raining here again, very large drops with hail mixed in. Cloud base is ever so dark. Not sure if I can hear distant rumbles or not, as I'm not too far away from RAF Fairford, and the jets are practicing again today.

Posted
It's moved up through Norfolk to the East of Norwich - over the Broads and now to the coast, but there's a longer cell or group of cells drifting NE up from W. Suffolk/S. Cambs way.

Yep, just seen that on the radar, broadband keeps dropping out, I assume it's spikes on the line

As an aside, this really made me smile. My Granddaughter, 3 next week, called me outside and said "Grandad, after you see the lightning, you have to count, the more you count the further away it is" Storm chaser in the making there :doh:

Posted

The rain to my west is now slipping south' so it's going to miss me again :doh: The shield is working fantastic today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There's what looks like a torrential downpour approaching from the NNE...

Posted

What a nice storm...... must have had >50 rumbles of thunder, with a couple of very close CG's which made the whole house shake. One strike was absolutely mental and must of hit less than 50m away, you could hear the shock wave bouncing off each house as the wave worked it's way down the street, I've never experienced a boom quite like it!