Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted

Woooh, constant flashes of lightning here, huge booms of thunder aswell, shakin the floor.....making me a little tense lol :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
oh my god.i have only been away for a few hrs......cant beleive the radar :doh:

yep!....and look at the radar attachment....We're stuck in the 'quiet zone' and will be for some time yet!....dull and cool, probably some wrap-around rain to come later on this afternoon...Just hope next sunday we get a similar set-up for the BBQ down at Paul's :o

post-4149-1247833446_thumb.png

Posted

had hail and very frequent thunder through-out the morning and still thundering as I speak, got a feeling still got more storms to come yet. Very nice!!

Posted
yep!....and look at the radar attachment....We're stuck in the 'quiet zone' and will be for some time yet!....dull and cool, probably some wrap-around rain to come later on this afternoon...Just hope next sunday we get a similar set-up for the BBQ down at Paul's :doh:

post-4149-1247833446_thumb.png

still on then AJ...

WILL pm you over next few days for the meet up...

anything different pm us...cheers

yes the East is going to get battered AGAIN....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

That red blob that was heading straight for me has faded, thankfully - I was terrified of storms as a kid, and, though I'm fascinated by them now, I still don't like them right overhead.

Posted

Tantilisingly close to the storms here, they're just up north but out of audible range. They also seem to be going nowhere, so the chances of them moving back down here any time soon seem slim.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Gone very dark here in London - some very black based clouds to the North and West - radar does show the rain slowing a little in terms of it's movement E - having said that the darkness is moving in - quite evil feeling actually.

Was very warm earlier in the sunshine - temps up at 23C - bit cooler now though!

EDIT - Sky over here at the moment has that mix of blackness, and that wavey silvery chrome - normally a good sign for some intense rainfall - just a question of if it will make it this far E

Edited by Harry

Posted

Yep in the city of London rain has started

Posted

Afternoon all :)

haven't been here for a while but now seemed like a good time :rolleyes: Very busy morning here near Dereham, steady train of storms from the some serious lightning and earth shatteringly loud thunder :D

A slight lull in the proceeding allows meto wander forth and unblock some drains <_<

Posted

The rain showing some signs of intensification down sussex way - first bit of red amongst all of that. The storms to the NW of London showing some signs of still creeping SE'wards.

Raining now, even if it's only light

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
Here you are, CS:

:rolleyes: WOO-HOO!! Wow- that developed out of NOWHERE. I had 3 really close CG lightnings and quickly shut the computer off right after I made my comment about the storm!! It moved quickly south of me, but looks to be intensifying. I was about to go post office that moment as well <_< I would've had a coronary if I was out in lightning that close!! Love storms, but am frightnened to death of sudden bangs hahahahaha!!!! :D Bit of an ironic cruel twist of fate that!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE PLEASE!!!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
:rolleyes: WOO-HOO!! Wow- that developed out of NOWHERE. I had 3 really close CG lightnings and quickly shut the computer off right after I made my comment about the storm!! It moved quickly south of me, but looks to be intensifying. I was about to go post office that moment as well <_< I would've had a coronary if I was out in lightning that close!! Love storms, but am frightnened to death of sudden bangs hahahahaha!!!! :D Bit of an ironic cruel twist of fate that!

Must the same storms that have stopped-play at Trent Bridge! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Whats remarkable IMO is how the trough stretching the SE quarter is maintaining its electrification....It looks like there's no sign of these storms dying down any time soon...A wonderful lightning display for those lucky to be under them! :rolleyes:

Posted

You sound like me, mate!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Those line of storms down south are piveting south east , east , towards south east england... More rain wooo lol

Posted
Whats remarkable IMO is how the trough stretching the SE quarter is maintaining its electrification....It looks like there's no sign of these storms dying down any time soon...A wonderful lightning display for those lucky to be under them! <_<

I am hoping that 'trough stretching the SE quarter' does keep its electrification and keeps its movement towards London :rolleyes: not expecting much though tbh!

What I did notice earlier which I forgot to mention - under this dark mass over us at the moment, there was some clear convection going on, in that the base was movement pretty quickly. Around it though was pretty static.

Am looking forward to more people's updates

Posted

The East and the North have done exceptionally well this year for Storms <_<

I cant remember these setup's being so frequent like they are at present..

Im glad really as I have TS phobia so its nice here to have no storm's what's so ever. :rolleyes:

and everything in my sig is fake.....It helps me combat my phobia

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Im glad really as I have TS phobia so its nice here to have no storm's what's so ever. :rolleyes:

and everything in my sig is fake.....It helps me combat my phobia

Ah bless ya - you're fooling nobody Mr Dogs! lol

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You're right enough, dogs32; we've had more storms in the last fortnight, up here, than I can ever remember. 5 days aout of 15 aint bad for these parts! :D

Edited by Pete Tattum

Posted

The worst has passed me now (for now), but North Norfolk (just East of Cromer, I'd guess) are getting a heavy storm.

Posted

getting really dark here, is something brewing!