Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
No storms here just rain. All the storms are moving away from my area now anyway. I'm disappointed once more.

I must admit im very frustrated today, as i haven't even seen a drop of rain despite the forecast of 'heavy rain' :rolleyes:

Posted
The worst has passed me now (for now), but North Norfolk (just East of Cromer, I'd guess) are getting a heavy storm.

Just east of me, but close enough to have a few CC's with less than 5 seconds gap before the thunder. Amazing, had to nip to the Village shop (just over a quarter of a mile from home, rain was much more intense, just goes to show a small distance can make all the difference

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold
Just east of me, but close enough to have a few CC's with less than 5 seconds gap before the thunder. Amazing, had to nip to the Village shop (just over a quarter of a mile from home, rain was much more intense, just goes to show a small distance can make all the difference

Thats exactly what happened last night with those storms. Hit with constant torrential rain for more than half hour and constant lightning. The storm has passed through here now, light rain, a couple of cg's and cc's observed mainly thunder though.

Edit - Still potential up there so the lul might see more develop but thats only a possibility

Edited by Greenday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Little going to come my way I think today - trough has split rather dramatically, with the intense stuff towards the ends.

Coast could be in with a close call I reckon - rapid intensification not TOO far from his location!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Its really dark here, I have had to put the lights on!! No rain though.

Posted

Its brightened here as quick as it darkened, funny old day :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

wind is starting to pick up here now. Clouds have gone more of a solid silver colour with a few chunkifiers below drifting fast beneath, but no storms brewing ot the looks of it. That storm that developed right over me is about to hit Leicester now, and looks ot be quite a beauty! I'm a wee bit jealous!! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

oh its working again.. im sure the site just crashed.... any way quite dark here in Bexleyheath... rain is approaching

Posted
Coast could be in with a close call I reckon - rapid intensification not TOO far from his location!

I've had my head out of the office window for 20 mins watching the 'black parade' in the sky! :rolleyes:

post-6667-1247839744_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast

Posted

Grr...a bit annoying that as this dark mass has now cleared away to the S and E, it looks like on radar, showing signs of reorganising and becoming a little bit more intense.

Another line running down the spine of C/S England, looks a bit more intense than earlier too.

Some very intense downpours parts of the N Midlands too.

Posted

:o :o :o :o :o people i have the amazing pleasure to announce that i have just seen a wot looked like a full blown tornado and a beautiful funnel cloud(rope type) within 3 miles of eachother from seperate storms!!!!!! :wub: B) :D:drunk::clap:

sorry if im a little crazy the adrenaline is still pumping a little!I cant believe this, its my first thunder of the year and i get two .... no three great events at once!!!!!!!!

thanks all SHU!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Hard to believe whats going on in the rest of the country, looks and feels like a poor day in march here! I hope all the SE people have removed 'storm starved' from their sigs :)

On an off topic note, has anyone seen the latest BBC weather photo gallery? 2nd pic from scotland with 3 funnels in one shot! Link here: BBC weather photo gallery

:o :o :o :o :D people i have the amazing pleasure to announce that i have just seen a wot looked like a full blown tornado and a beautiful funnel cloud(rope type) within 3 miles of eachother from seperate storms!!!!!! B) :o :D:drunk::clap:

sorry if im a little crazy the adrenaline is still pumping a little!I cant believe this, its my first thunder of the year and i get two .... no three great events at once!!!!!!!!

thanks all SHU!

Sounds amazing! Congrats :wub:

Edited by Joey.G

Posted
Grr...a bit annoying that as this dark mass has now cleared away to the S and E, it looks like on radar, showing signs of reorganising and becoming a little bit more intense.

Another line running down the spine of C/S England, looks a bit more intense than earlier too.

Harry, in your signature it should be 16th shouldn't it for last nights storms? :drunk:

Posted

Meto have thundershower symbol for London from 1600, so maybe something by rush hour

Posted
Hard to believe whats going on in the rest of the country, looks and feels like a poor day in march here! I hope all the SE people have removed 'storm starved' from their sigs :drunk:

On an off topic note, has anyone seen the latest BBC weather photo gallery? 2nd pic from scotland with 3 funnels in one shot! Link here: BBC weather photo gallery

Wow, what an amazing picture! Thanks for letting me know about that otherwise i may have missed it :clap:

Posted
Pictures?

I'd say!! You can't post something like that and not have something for the rest of us, lol :drunk:

Posted

not very frequent, but some really good fork lightening. Just outside nuneaton

Posted

Just logging back on after the storm that hit Leicester. Cackling thunder and frequent C-C and C-G lightning. Viewing it from a distance now, its certainly an impressive looking sight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
:o :o :o :o :D people i have the amazing pleasure to announce that i have just seen a wot looked like a full blown tornado and a beautiful funnel cloud(rope type) within 3 miles of eachother from seperate storms!!!!!! :wub: :o :D:drunk::clap:

thanks all SHU!

WOW!!!!!! did you get any photos!!!!! I'm so chuffed for you!!! B) more details please!!!!!

Posted

A line of what looks like storms running in an almost N-S fashion, heading roughly ESE'wards! MAY have London's name on it in a couple of hours.

Sun back out here again now, if a tad hazy - really warming up quickly.

Might be in luck today yet

I have two grainy mobile phone vid that arnt great ill see if i can get them up.

Oh we're not fussy - chop chop let's seem 'em! :drunk:

Edited by Harry

Posted

Cloudy and very dark here, this time yesterday we were having torriential downpours.

Posted
Just logging back on after the storm that hit Leicester. Cackling thunder and frequent C-C and C-G lightning. Viewing it from a distance now, its certainly an impressive looking sight.

That storm was born and bred in Nottingham at 1pm this afternoon :drunk: . It formed literally in like 10 minutes over my house. I only had the priveledge of seeing about 3 CGs out of it, but they were really close!! Scary stuff! and then it drifted south and intensified. Looked really good!!