Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

OK- I'm starting to get some serious storm withdrawl now!!! NEED MORE!!! I'm an addict y'know!!! :drunk:

Posted
:o :o :o :o :o people i have the amazing pleasure to announce that i have just seen a wot looked like a full blown tornado and a beautiful funnel cloud(rope type) within 3 miles of eachother from seperate storms!!!!!! :wub: B) :D:drunk::clap:

sorry if im a little crazy the adrenaline is still pumping a little!I cant believe this, its my first thunder of the year and i get two .... no three great events at once!!!!!!!!

thanks all SHU!

I can well believe this, and was going to say earlier that somewhere in S Lincs or Peterborough area might see something tornadic. Just look at that radar and run the loop and it is not hard to see why.

You have the CZ Running North Westwards with the other area coming SE & They literally collide at about 245pm. That must have been amazing to see and be in the middle of, and that in itself would have made the atmosphere spin like crazy!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
OK- I'm starting to get some serious storm withdrawl now!!! NEED MORE!!! I'm an addict y'know!!! :drunk:

LOL, Starting?

Ive got myself a nice big bottle of vodka for tonight. I cant stand it when its like this. No storms when it appears everyone else has lol

They just miss me everytime.

I just hope as the stuff moves down from the north i may see something.

Posted

Some real heavy rain, with huge drops and hail mixed in, think the thundery stuff is over for now anyway.

Edited by JamieUK

Posted

Sitting in south lincs at the mo....it really is going off with a BIG bang! Some crazy cloud formations and movement!

Posted

posted this in storm reports:

In Topic: Storm Reports July 09'

afternoon all

just a quick post while me electric is back on, three vicious storms we have had this afternoon, with torrential rain, in addition to the one that rudely awoke me this morning at 6.45. just been to the village and quite a bit of road flood. radar shows we in the firing line for a few hours yet. been the best set of storms for years.

To Be honest we getting battered here in lincolnshire, electric lost about a dozen times now, fantastic radar images for our area.

majority is CG with the od CC

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
LOL, Starting?

Ive got myself a nice big bottle of vodka for tonight. I cant stand it when its like this. No storms when it appears everyone else has lol

They just miss me everytime.

I just hope as the stuff moves down from the north i may see something.

:wub: I know right!!! Looking at the photos of the triple tornadoes over Scotland and reading about South_Hollands tornado experience (as to which I am truly chuffed for BTW!) just tipped me over the edge into an unbearable frenzy of stormasitis!!! I think I'm going to turn inside out if I don't get at least some torrential rain.... Looks like we might get something from the north, but I reckon only rain, unless someone from S.Yorks or Manchester area can say if they are getting storms? Looks like Leicester is the victor of my spoils stormwise.. I was so close!!! :drunk: C'est la vie.... stupid Notts sheild is back online :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

If my engine management light from time to time wasnt coming on then i would be jumping in the car and heading out to kings lynn right now!

Posted

Apart from a breif shower just now, there's been nothing today. The storm line passed over here without dropping a penny, then intensified into what looks like amazing storms over Cambs and Lincolnshire.

I might add that just as things start moving east, the part which would have passed over me completely died.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Amazing storm at the moment here.

Frequent lightning/thunder and the most intenses rainfall i've seen for a while.

Such a bloody shame my camera batteries are flat!

Posted
If my engine management light from time to time wasnt coming on then i would be jumping in the car and heading out to kings lynn right now!

I had the engine management light on for 9,000 of the 12,000 miles we did in the States this year.

Get going Man!!!!

:drunk:

Posted

right people this is gonna take some time i dont think i can get the vid on :wub: so am gonna see if i can take some still of the vid and email them off my phone so please be patient! :drunk::clap:

Posted
posted this in storm reports:

In Topic: Storm Reports July 09'

afternoon all

just a quick post while me electric is back on, three vicious storms we have had this afternoon, with torrential rain, in addition to the one that rudely awoke me this morning at 6.45. just been to the village and quite a bit of road flood. radar shows we in the firing line for a few hours yet. been the best set of storms for years.

To Be honest we getting battered here in lincolnshire, electric lost about a dozen times now, fantastic radar images for our area.

majority is CG with the od CC

LO

:wub: ..... B) ..... :drunk: ..... :o ..... :clap: ..... :o ..... :o ..... is my response to your storms. Bring out the vodka!!! Time to drown in sorrow!!! lol!!!!

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted
I had the engine management light on for 9,000 of the 12,000 miles we did in the States this year.

Get going Man!!!!

:drunk:

omg dont tempt me! :clap: I got a job on at seven so by the time i get there i'D prob have an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Have a look.....to be under that line right now across the Lincs area - more tornadoes in the offering I suspect!!

Edited by Harry

Posted
a unconfirmed report says a car took a direct hit in the village sending smoke across the local school, if i can get that confirmed ill put up more details.

LO

A direct hit from lightning or the tornado?

Posted

Been raining here for hours on end since at least 5am, flooding at 8am on mroning commute, by 1pm going home more flooding, huge pipe been used to pump out water, but the pipe split!! water flying out of the pipe and water flowing out of the pipe down teh road into blocked drains :drunk:

Posted
A direct hit from lightning or the tornado?

Lightning!! i believe no one was in it at the time i am looking for confirmation. you know what villages are like so im on the case, however three storms this afternoon have been particularly vicious especially the lightning, during the first storm we had marble sized hail.

what amazes me there are no reports of injury's or serious incidents thus far due to the severity, but thats a good thing.

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted

Cool - good that nobody was hurt.

More cells spring up now N of London (S Midlands towards E Anglia way) - busy few hours coming up there by the looks of things.

The general pattern seems to be a weakening of any existing cells/showers around the M4 and southwards.

Posted

look at that swirling :D You can even see that convergence in lincs!

edit - the link might help :)

http://www.sat24.com/

Edited by Greenday

Posted

Latest GFS shows a wider spread of CAPE, in towards the London area and N Kent.

Hopefully, if these showers further W get a big of a jiggy on they may be able to release some of it. Fairly lengthy spells of sunshine at the moment which may help, but otherwise the SE misses out yet ag...never mind :D

Posted

bingo! Storm now rolling into Northampton 4 or 5 distant rumbles heard and getting closer. Lightning now seen.