Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Can't Acess Netweather At Work

Rob

Posted

Hi All,

I can't access the forums at work, its tell me i'm not allowed, are there issues that anyone is aware of with using netweather when using the internet via a proxy server? Which my company uses to filter its internet.

Many Thanks in advance.

Posted

No, it's more likely to be the fact your company has an allowed sites list and netweather hasn't been added to it. Many companies won't add sites with forums etc as they don't want employees chatting all day!

Posted

Hi Paul,

I am a technician and therefore have system admin access to the network and there are no policies that restrict any un-approved sites, all sites work for me as i have no restrictions, have checked all blocked and non-trusted sites and its not there.

Posted

There's absolutely no reason it wouldn't work in terms of the setup here.

Perhaps run a trace route when you're next at work and it should identify where it's failing?

Posted

I find it strange that of all forums I use, Netweather has always been the only one I can access at work - I don't know what is done differently here!

Posted

i'll give that a go when i get to work tomorrow if i get time and get back to you, i will using our ADSL internet server when i get to work tomorrow and see if the forum works then, i wont be able to keep on it though as the network manager doesnt like using it :lol:

I find it strange that of all forums I use, Netweather has always been the only one I can access at work - I don't know what is done differently here!

how strange, i can access all except Netweather, maybe our network is built the complete opposite to yours!