Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

A "strange" Object Caught On Camera?

Posted

I took this photo of Fiddlers Ferry Power Station about 15-20 miles away. The cooling towers are 370ft high and the chimney is 660ft high. Now I spotted a strange shape above the far right cooling tower when I processed it. My first reaction was a jet airliner but I see planes take off and land from Manchester Airport from my location and its in the wrong location. John Lennon Airport is a possibility but its hard to judge how far away as it is as the illusion gives the impression that the object flying between the height of the chimney and the cooling towers.

objectb.jpg

object.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Hi Mr Data, interesting picture. I am interested in helping to identify the as yet unidentified flying object.

What was the shutter speed you used when taking the picture please?

Regards,

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

could be a co2 cap lol or a ufo checking our co2 level ready for a invasion lol.

maybe a graywolf probe to check our global temps or a giant frisbee sorry only joking.

great picture infact lots of people are saying theres big increase in ufo sightings does look pretty real to be honest its not a plane thats for sure, infact thats a pretty good pic.

its funny because i just ordered a new camera thats coming this morning but lastnight i was thinking about ufo hunting with my new camera and then this pic fantastic.

Edited by badboy657

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

It's beyond my capabilities, but I suppose if the width of the chimneys were known and the length of say a B747, it might be possible to calculate exactly how far behind the chimneys the object was and therefore whether it's possible it is a jetliner

Posted

Could it be a shadow of something refecting on the steam/smoke?

Last month I heard a plane, but on looking up I didn't see the plane but instead saw its shadow on the cloud it was above.