Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion Thurs 23>>>>>>>>>

Posted

Dosen't look encouraging for me:

98946.gif

Or further North:

98947.gif

Scattered TStorms across France ATM, but nothing substantial - I think our storms are on Summer Holiday!

Posted

Sky weather presenter said not many people would escape the torrentail downpour's tomorrow especially the central and Southern counties

Posted

Nothing happening in north lincs today, and very little in the way of convection here.

Even tomorrow is looking less likely for storms here :)

Posted

Just had a torrential downpour here in South Birmingham. Looks like it's heading NE quite quickly.

Posted

Looks like this is coming back over us. Had constant thunder for an hour and a half now and just had a few flashes of lightning. moderate rain just started.

Edit: Huge raindrops coming down now with very loud thunder.

Me bro phoned from Glengormly said they had a nice storm with lightnin and torrential rain. Have been hearin constant thunder to my south for half hour now. Sky is black. Must be one big storm.

Posted

Me bro phoned from Glengormly said they had a nice storm with lightning and torrential rain. Have been hearin constant thunder to my south for half hour now. Sky is black. Must be one big storm.

:) At least someone has a storm and it's where the various info sites and models forecast, which was nice.....

Posted

Great 'train' of showers here in the SW with Ilminster near enough dead center in the middle of them! Some torrential rain has fallen here over the last few hours, most noticeably the last half an hour. Looking like it will last a good while yet as more of these showers develop in Cornwall/Devon. No thunder though as yet.

Posted

Looks like I am to far West of these line of showers. I would imagine if you were under them, you would be getting a fair soaking.

Just been clipped by one of these showers.Not electrical but quite large convective drops.

Posted

There are some strikes around in these downpours (nothing seen/heard here) and I'm very pleased to not have been caught out in the downdraught that's just dumped it's load here! The wind as the rain started was WSW, halfway through it gusted from the NNW and has now reverted back to the WSW as the sky clears.

Posted

I think our storms are on Summer Holiday!

Thats the worst thing at the moment,miss your slot and it is a few weeks wait till next time :)

Posted

I've been out all day but there is a line of heavy showers streaming in to my south, a few sferics coming from the one's further west so we could be in for a bit of thundery rain later if it moves north slightly..

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

flash warning for yesterday didn't materialise but today look very promising indeed

clouds building wind has increased ssw-15mph

temp 16.7C

images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop3uur&c=&n=&tijdid=2009381428

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

A good line of heavy showers/downpours developing over Somerset & edging ENE through Dorset into Wiltshire then onto Berkshire. This line has been going since it first developed at around 09.30 and some of the showers have had approaching 100mm per hour rate at times.

Here in Westbury we're just catching the Northern edge of them, so only a few sharp showers so far, but there does appear to be a further line developing North of here. What this means for me is a great sky watching afternoon B) .

Tomorrow looks to be different with trough arriving in the early hours meaning showers around from the off rather than developing once daytime heating begins (as happened today). Another difference will be the more W'ly wind instead of WSW/SW, this should help a number of showers break out over the Bristol Channel & run along the M4 corridor unlike today.

im right in line of these heavy showers, no thunder just loads of rain :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Many downpours today-the shield has been switched off again!!!

I like the way the Met Office mention a risk of Thunderstorms for us in the West tomorrow instead of just a risk of Thunder-but hey thats probably killed our chances! :doh:

Posted

Wow! 3 actual rumbles of thunder from the cell approaching Newbury :doh: not seen the lightning yet and the rain has just started...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I reckon we have quite a good chance of something good tomorrow now before things die off around here approx 2pm. Im not going to get my hopes till i see something but we have bore the brunt of many heavy showers today so tomorrow may just be as good. :doh:

Posted

Wow! 3 actual rumbles of thunder from the cell approaching Newbury :doh: not seen the lightning yet and the rain has just started...

Up on Greenham Common at the moment, certainly heard the thunder and the rain was torrential but like you i saw no lightning.

Posted

Up on Greenham Common at the moment, certainly heard the thunder and the rain was torrential but like you i saw no lightning.

Just on the northern edge here so missed the best of the rain... looks to be more on the way looking at the latest radar as we are at the eastern edge of a convergence zone... Greenham Common is certainly a good place to watch them roll in from the West :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Have heard a distant boom of thunder a few minutes ago from the storms inland which unfortunately I don't think are going to migrate this way.

Posted

Feisty storm passing through, torrential rain and thunder. Lasted all of 10 mins but strong.

Posted

Kaddy Lee-Preston on BBC South East Today's weather at 6.45 was quite insistent that there would be heavy rain and an element of thunderstorms tomorrow. I'll wait and reserve judgment until the morning, although things in the far East of Norfolk/Suffolk look potentially interesting.....

Rmgfs306.gif