Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

PLEASE POST YOUR REPORTS HERE.

Partly cloudy start

Temp 15.0c

Humidity 87%

Dewpoint 12.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Early weak sunshine is fading away as frontal meh spreads in, 10C...

Posted

17.4 DgC

1017.4 mb steady

Wind 3.2 mph gusting 5.3 mph max S/SE

DP 16.6 DgC

Humidity 91%

No rain last 24 hours

Cloud base 615 ft

Summers here, enjoy it while you can!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Mostly overcast but bright. 17.8c at the moment. Hopefully a bit of heat & sun for next couple of days - will make a nice change!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Dry and cloudy but bright with a sheet of altocumulus covering most of the sky.

Temp' is 14.5c after a min' of 11.4c

Mean wind speed is 9 mph S

Vis', 12 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Cloudy & breezy and feeling about 19c (don't know since sensor is down again!). So where's this sun & heat then?

Posted

Cloudy & breezy and feeling about 19c (don't know since sensor is down again!). So where's this sun & heat then?

Meto invent shows you up to about 26C on Wednesday.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Edited by Tucco

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 14c

Outdoor humidity 88%

Pressure 1009mb

Wind direction South

Wind speed 22mph

Gust 32mph

Cloud Height 1060ft

Wet Bulb 12c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 0.0mm

Dew Point 10c

Wind Chill 7c

Weather Cloudy rain dull

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Dry and sunny, 23C.

Posted

Yet another dry warm, mostly sunny day in SE Suffolk/NE Essex. Already up to 25.3c. that's all but one of the last 57 days above 21c, sun recorded every day since 10th June.

Rain is about 83% of Long Term average, since 01 June.

This has been just about as perfect as a British summer could be in this neck of the woods. My personal preference would be for much warmer weather, but this will do.

Posted

Yet another dry warm, mostly sunny day in SE Suffolk/NE Essex. Already up to 25.3c. that's all but one of the last 57 days above 21c, sun recorded every day since 10th June.

Rain is about 83% of Long Term average, since 01 June.

This has been just about as perfect as a British summer could be in this neck of the woods. My personal preference would be for much warmer weather, but this will do.

Amazing stats there. In contrast, here there has been 5 days above 21C this year. Last day above 20C was the 4th July at 20.2C.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

15C with lightish rain and a 'potentially' thundery sky (altocumulus et.al.)...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Amazing stats there. In contrast, here there has been 5 days above 21C this year. Last day above 20C was the 4th July at 20.2C.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

I guess altitude must make a big difference here. At Cleadon near the coast, the temperature has climbed above 21C on numerous occasions- although there have been no days above 25C and only one above 23C, which is quite unusual.

However winds during July & August have been predominantly westerly which means Cleadon doesn't get cooled much by the North Sea, indeed a slight fohn effect can even arise making it slightly warmer there than further inland.

Posted

I guess altitude must make a big difference here. At Cleadon near the coast, the temperature has climbed above 21C on numerous occasions- although there have been no days above 25C and only one above 23C, which is quite unusual.

However winds during July & August have been predominantly westerly which means Cleadon doesn't get cooled much by the North Sea, indeed a slight fohn effect can even arise making it slightly warmer there than further inland.

Exactly the same situation here, Ian...Nearly all the wind has come from the west or southwest this summer...I've hardly used my heater since March. Long may it continue! :lol:

Posted

Much more cloudy and wetter on average as well, yearly rainfall in is in the order of around 1100mm. Mean temp looks to be about 2.5/3C cooler here, than Cleadon.

N Pennines gets cloud both from the West and the East.

This June the contrast was stark between here and Cumbria at times 8/10C colder over a 20 mile distance.

But in westerly flow we still get the cloud and rain when the coastal/urban areas of the NE remain dry and sunny. Plus fohn effect across the NE hasn't had time to develop here been so close to Pennine watershed.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Warm, dry, scattered cumulus and altocumulus. I should point-out that this is my first post to the forum since I requested my username be changed - I was "w0033944" but felt it was too anonymous. No prizes now for guessing my name! :lol:

Edited by chrisbell0033944

Posted

Still cloudy & breezy. A very uninteresting and not even very pleasant day. 23c and sunny? I think not!

Lets hope our one day of supposed heat is better than today.

Posted

Mostly cloudy with some sunny intervals at times, current temperature 21.6C with a brisk breeze.