Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Following "ex Hurricane Bill" Across The Atlantic!

Posted

I think it's about where it's meant to be in terms of strength really - 6z shows a central pressure of 984mb, but obviously the contours are 4 apart, so that could very easily be 983mb right in the centre:

post-2-1251208758819_thumb.png

It's forecast to fill from that point onward, so we'll see what happens through the rest of today and into tomorrow I guess!

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

when do we expect the met-office will show there hand i still cant believe there is still no weather warning ?

i expect one at 6pm tonight at least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

when do we expect the met-office will show there hand i still cant believe there is still no weather warning ?

i expect one at 6pm tonight at least

I suspect it will be right at the last hour you will get on. Hold onto your hat me thinks.

Posted

that was a garbage weather forecast from the BBC Dan Corbett is the worst weather presenter ever

still no update from the met-office either it really will be the last minute before update i think?

Posted

Bill, they track him still...

Though he's not a hurricane or even a T-storm ...

But will we even see our half an inch of rain?

(this will seem like gibberish to anyone much younger than me, I suppose)

-----------

Well, I agree that the tropical core rapidly advected southeast and was lost in the warm front yesterday, saw that too. But the convention will be, no discrete centre of low pressure with that, no reanalysis of track, what you see is what you get as Bill ... and this pretty much illustrates my earlier point that it's just another low now, albeit a fairly strong one that is gradually losing energy. Rainfalls will tend to be heaviest in western Ireland and southwest England, south Wales, and then other regions will lose out due to orographic shielding and just the dumping of the load beforehand upstream. Winds will tend to spread out across southern Ireland, southwest England and Wales too, people in NI and Scotland who might be under the track of the low shouldn't be expecting much by way of wind at all from this. The cold front that will develop early tomorrow ahead of rising pressures may become a local issue in some part of south-central England by afternoon.

Now, Bill's evil twin, perhaps I shall rename him Bill's grumpy twin, he's still stronger than Bill, in the wind department at least, but may take anger management classes and restrain himself to 60 mph gusts ... but seems to have the better convective potential also (Thursday to overnight Ireland and overnight to Friday UK).

Danny is forming, I think, near the Bahamas and GFS shows it heading for Iceland. This one will mainly help to drag up the jet stream and perhaps give a spell of warmer weather in early September.

Posted

Now, Bill's evil twin, perhaps I shall rename him Bill's grumpy twin, he's still stronger than Bill, in the wind department at least, but may take anger management classes and restrain himself to 60 mph gusts clap.giflaugh.gif

Love it Rog!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

That is pretty wet!

Some high accumulatuions there.

post-6339-1251232160073_thumb.png

Posted

That is pretty wet!

Some high accumulatuions there.

In leicester right now , no wind and showery drizzle , the light rain band almost past through , I don't know what all the fuss was about :p Also scotlands winds have remained very light and 30mph is the highest wind I can find on the west coast of england

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well what a flop old Bill is. Not even breezy winds very light the only thing it has brought is 100% humidity.

Posted

Well what a flop old Bill is. Not even breezy winds very light the only thing it has brought is 100% humidity.

I agree.Hardly any breeze and hardly any rain either :doh:

Posted

SUFC, I'm wondering what you were expecting? With the heaviest rain forecast for western and northern britain, and the strongest winds forecast for western and southern parts. You're in lincolnshire which couldn't really be further away from either of those two locations?

Posted

BBC still seem to be overplaying the rain in the south, we had a short spell of light rain early this morning, its now bright with patches of blue sky and looking at the radar I cannot see where much more rain is likely to come from

Posted

SUFC, I'm wondering what you were expecting? With the heaviest rain forecast for western and northern britain, and the strongest winds forecast for western and southern parts. You're in lincolnshire which couldn't really be further away from either of those two locations?

My local forecaster said rain all morning,followed by a drier afternoon and windy.The rain is clearing already.

Never mind though :doh:

Posted

I agree Paul, I am not sure what was expected, as it's pretty much what it has been forecast to be by the models for a couple of days now.(I can't comment on any TV forecasts I've not seen) i.e an open wave once it reaches Scotland, windy in the rain with the associated fronts, rainfall moderate but nothing severe. Overall no reason for a warning by the Metoffice, although I respect Netweathers decision to issue a warning, this was for only isolated heavy rain.

Posted

Fairly unpleasent day here.

Heavy rain, hill fog. Wind increasing.

Temp 9.6C

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

It's quite windy down here with gusts over 30mph (im at the bottom of a valley a few miles inland so quite sheltered) so pretty much what forecast here on the wind aspect. although the rain has indeed been rather more fragmented and light down here than thought, with only the odd drizzly patch this morning although a bit of moderate-heavy rain last night. Total is 2.4mm so far today.

Posted

It has just been raining pretty heavily all morning here in Glasgow, although it seems to be easing off a bit now. I'm surprised that there seems to be pretty much no wind, but i wasn't expecting anything severe anyway.

Posted

started raining around 0700 can honestly say its not what i was expecting. wind wise there is none and its very mild. from the looks

of the radar this rain will be gone come lunch time

ex bill a damp squib. will have to see what Thursdays low brings