Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Discovery Channel Storm Chasers

liambailey09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'm too impatient, I cannot wait. Been trying to find a live streaming of it on Discovery Channel USA's Website, but they haven't updated it since Season 1. Looks like I'll have to wait until tommorow night.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Watched the finale, and what a finale it was! I actually think episode 7 - featuring the Wyoming chase was the best episode of the whole season if only to see Sean finally get the shot he's been waiting for! Generally that episode was intense with a fantastic looking and quite long-lived tornado! The last episode was awesome to, another great intercept by Reed!

Once all seasons have been made available on DVD boxset, I'll be buying them all. :shok: I just really wish I was out there witnessing these amazing storms and tornadoes! Oh well, it'll happen one day. :lol:

Great finalé i have to say, but the 'Dominator' was right at its limits there as the tornado they intercepted was clocking 138mph winds when it struck them. As Reed Timmer wipes the blood away from his eyes and Chris mops the blood from his ear he warns you never to drive into a tornado "You have to be mad to do that....Just like me..!!!"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

This coming Sunday is the last episode in the season and its a double episode. Looks good aswell.

Also, is it just me or is Reed really annoying?

No it's not just you - he grates on me too. Typical N American, way OTT, "woohoo" kind of chap.

If anyone drives me into a vortex like that in April/May, I might be a bit way OTT, "wtf" kind of chap - there'll be blood also! lol... they say a chaser hasn't been killed in 30ish years of chasing....Timmer could well be the first! Nuts!

Posted

You wait until you see the full circus in full on mode out there next year Harry!! It has to be seen to be believed. Remember Vortex2 is going from May 1st until June 1st next year (So all of the time the Netweather Chases are out there) and they have 100 vehicles on their own. Throw in TIV1 & TIV2 & The TVN Crews along with 400-500 other Chase Vehicles and it is pretty lively. Sean Casey has said on his blog that he will be back next year looking for more footage and that the IMAX Film should be released Sep 2010 so it will be good to have those guys again even if it only means Stormchasers Series 4 will be coming back!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

No it's not just you - he grates on me too. Typical N American, way OTT, "woohoo" kind of chap.

If anyone drives me into a vortex like that in April/May, I might be a bit way OTT, "wtf" kind of chap - there'll be blood also! lol... they say a chaser hasn't been killed in 30ish years of chasing....Timmer could well be the first! Nuts!

My wife calls him Reed Dimmer... with good cause I say...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

You wait until you see the full circus in full on mode out there next year Harry!! It has to be seen to be believed. Remember Vortex2 is going from May 1st until June 1st next year (So all of the time the Netweather Chases are out there) and they have 100 vehicles on their own. Throw in TIV1 & TIV2 & The TVN Crews along with 400-500 other Chase Vehicles and it is pretty lively. Sean Casey has said on his blog that he will be back next year looking for more footage and that the IMAX Film should be released Sep 2010 so it will be good to have those guys again even if it only means Stormchasers Series 4 will be coming back!

Paul S

Ah I cant wait!!! Am soooo excited its unreal - the closer we edge the more the anticipation builds. The recent stormy spell we had here has really fired me up!!!! Normally in late autumn/winter, I go into hibernation mode to help the cold and most thunder free months pass quickly....now though... :whistling: am on edge, lol

I'd love to see the TIVs and hopefully, if he's still going round, the DOW(s). I think seeing Reed Timmer though might push me over the edge though lol

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Stormchasers season 3 starts on Discovery this Monday 4th January at 9pm. Worth watching thats if everyone can pull themselves away from sledging ..!

Edited by NL

Posted

Reed is storm chasing in Argentina at the moment, and has already captured a wedge tornado over there! Pretty interesting stuff given the different storm motion and setup from being in the southern hemisphere.

The latest pictures from Argentina are brilliant. Theres a Supercell approaching and people are just on the beach and swimming in the sea, nuts lol. The pics are on his site btw - tornadovideos.net

Posted

I don't have sky where I am at the moment so I will have to wait until I am back in Bath in April to watch Stormchasers on the tv, that's what I did last year anyway, hopefully they will be showing it at that time again.

Posted

Hey everybody, does anyone know if a 3rd series will be shown on discovery channel?

Discovery US is airing season 3 storm chasers (which I dl and watch in HD)

I hate discovery europe its a complete waste of space with its trillion repeats...reminds me sadly of the eden channel lets see how many repeats we can show per day per week per month bet we can outdo the discovery and sky movie channels lolz

Edited by HotCuppa

• 8 months later...
Posted

Starts in Mid October on the Discovery Channel in the USA so the Youtube clips should start trickling through around the end of October. Our chance to watch on the Tv comes in February or March when Discovery puts it on our Sky Channel.

Below is a Trailor which is Episode 1 and features the huge Tri State EF4 That hit Yazoo City in the early Spring.

Really looking forward to this whole series as not only can we relive some of those beautiful Storms we saw in May and June but some of the footage from this year is some of the most amazing you will see - In short 2010 will probably go down in the History books as having some of the most photogenic Supercells and Tornadoes ever captured.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Discovery Channel need to get their priorities right....we need to get it here in mid-october, and the yanks can wait until......hmmm, say 2014??....

Posted

Look forward to the new series. Will dedfinately be watching on Youtube thanks to Gadgetglanman7.

I like that it looks like they are going to show the other side of storm chasing...could be an emotional series - with the death of Matt aswell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Yay, i cant wait. I've rewatched series 2 around 3 times, dose anyone know if sean is going to be in it? as he got his shot, will he be gettting more shots or what, i get anyoyed with reed sometimes...

Posted

I found out just tonight or this morning that Matt Huges died...the guy from the "doghouse" that got Sean his first and only tornado intercept last year. I googled him for the next hour trying to find out what happened. It's human nature I guess. I was treated to all kinds of...shhhh no one needs to know, or did he die in a tornado? Matt died from Severe Depression. I wish it wasn't treated like a weakness but what it is, which is an illness. To the outside world the man had everything, a huge career, two sons and a wife and at his young age, but like Cancer, Depression took him before his time. I'd love to see people actually discuss this instead of trying to sweep it away as if it was his fault that he had a serious illness. My condolences to his family, his colleages, his friends. Matt, until your illness is understood, how many more above average souls will we lose???

RIP Matthew John Huges..."Storm Chaser"

Posted

Yes It certainly was a Tragedy, I found out this news in May whilst we were chasing and could not believe it, not the first talented chaser to go this way as the great Eric Nguyen passed away in the same way when he took his life a few years ago again due to depression, he also left a Wife and 2 young kids.

Thread below from ST

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=24250

Paul S

Posted

OMG, I cant belive this..........Words dont come to my mouth... I feel sorry for his family and friends :'( I think sean won't be in it this year because of loseing one of his crew.

Edited by Vortex_Liam

Posted

Poster for the new season

33689_435361387997_160025032997_5170026_4162846_n.jpg

Wow, this seson is gunna be the best EVA :D

Posted

Stormchasers series 4 premier. Watch Reed almost knock himself out with a baseball bat..!!!

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MVGt3z300

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gadgetglanman7#p/u/0/s09PfGMID2U

Edited by NL