Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Discovery Channel Storm Chasers

liambailey09

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Anyone know when the rest of the episodes will be on youtube ( i mean the First one)

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Gadgetglanman7 usually gets them up on youtube several hours after its shown on US tv.

Posted

Just watched S4 Ep2 and has to be said that it was a very sobering side of stormchasing with a 1.75 mile-wide EF4 wedge causing the near-destruction of Yazoo City Mississippi.

http://www.youtube.c...etglanman7&aq=f

If you missed the first episode they can be found on the above link too.

Edited by NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Watched it on Youtube late last night, great ep, but very sad... wonder what happened to that bloke they found! The destruction was unreal...

Also as an aside, I think shaun caseys role on the show now just annoys me, all he does is moan....

Posted

Watching that I kinda felt sorry for the Discovery crew. If it were me all I'd want to do is drop the camera and help etc. Must have felt like crap just filming all that chaos when people desperately needed help.

Posted

Yep

Agree with you there John - It was a good episode showing the other side of Chasing but the running over Live power lines in Flip Flops is just stupid, I would say 100% that we would not hesitate to do the same thing in those circumstances, the Tornado and Chase is the last thing on your minds when search and rescue is needed, there were times on the 10th May this year when I very nearly stopped a few times esp when the girl was trapped on I-35 Between 2 Juggernaults, but 2 or 3 cars had already stopped in the outside lane and jumped the barrier to assist, other things on that day were seeing houses cleaned off their foundations but again the EMS Were already present.

Hope we see some more proper Action in the next 6 or 7 episodes as we all know there were some incredible Storms this year.

Paul S

Posted

All this talk about the new series makes me jealous, my download is so slow I get 3 seconds wait 3 seconds view 3 seconds ........or wait for the part download which takes 10+minutes then watch the clip.

Seems like I will have to stop reading this thread and wait until it appears on UK TV......sob :cray:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

For all of you wondering what happened to the guy next Reed posted on facebook saying that he was paralised from the waist down and is still living and is still in hospital.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

There are times when you come across damage and destruction, you feel pretty helpless. Like Paul I saw the over turned trucks and passed 2 or 3 families that had just had their homes turned to matchsticks. You feel sad but they were being helped by the emergency services.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Season 4 will show in the UK from December 20th

:yahoo: just enough time to catchup with the Sky + backlog !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

:yahoo: just enough time to catchup with the Sky + backlog !

Tell me about it - I just got my new V+ box n recording everything in HD takes up loads of space!

Cant wait to watch Storm Chasers in HD though - excellent!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Hello Folks,

If anyone needs/wants I have got all previous seasons of the show on my Hard Drive so can whack them onto a DVD! (PM Me)

Will download yesterdays when I get home, bloody love this show! Made my girlfriend watch the Yazoo City Episode, safe to say she is not overly enthralled about be heading back in May

Oh Well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Looking at youtube it would appear that the couple of people that posted the show up (gadgetganman and others) have not done so this week.... the show aired in the US last week I belive? One of the posters of the vidios now has a notice saying that hes not allowed to post them up on youtube anymore.... anyone else noticed this and can shed any light as to where i could watch Season 4 ep 3... as there is nothing on YT...

Shame if thats whats happened, but frankley was always a bit suprised that you could see it on youtube...

Posted

Looking at youtube it would appear that the couple of people that posted the show up (gadgetganman and others) have not done so this week.... the show aired in the US last week I belive? One of the posters of the vidios now has a notice saying that hes not allowed to post them up on youtube anymore.... anyone else noticed this and can shed any light as to where i could watch Season 4 ep 3... as there is nothing on YT...

Shame if thats whats happened, but frankley was always a bit suprised that you could see it on youtube...

I just watched the latest episode on Gadgetglanman7's Youtube channel so its definately on there, I think its only just got on there though.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Watched Episode 4 last night on Gadgets Youtube Page and still this series is high on Soap Opera and not much on Chasing and Tornado Footage which is still not great. Last nights episode was solely on the May 10th Outbreak (Which by the way was NOT The Biggest Outbreak ever as stated by the Over-reacting Tvn Team) What it did show was just how hard that day turned out with 65mph Storm motions and most of the Footage made it out that the Tvn Team scored Multiple Tornadoes as they chased when in reality it was just repeat footage of the Medford Multi Vortex that the Netweather Team viewed from West to East. The tribute piece was nice at the end for Matt although I was unaware he suffered the injury at home and died a week later ?? Sean came across better in this episode although his team placements still baffle throwing in a Girl who has never chased before and only been driving for 2 1/2 years and never in adverse weather conditions - Go figure that one out Lol

The more I watch these programmes the more it tells me my team are one of the best in Tornado Alley with Tom, John, Ian, Nick, Ian and Arron all a close nit team that work together amazingly well.

Next week looks like the 18th and 19th Outbreak which had amazing Tornadoes that were pictueresque on both days (Hennessey, Wynewood etc) So I am hoping that some decent footage gets shown on the chasing and NOT The Eastenders and Coronation Street Sub Plots.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Stormchasers has been this way for a while, and each season has been longer and longer meaning more filler is required. They have 8 episodes to fill and despite a good year, they can't have them all packed with tornado footage. As a result you get a ton of forced drama (What on earth was all that with Reed's 'girlfriend'???). It's actually so bad I'm almost enjoying the soap side of it. Do wish for more footage though

As for future episodes, they'll have some Dumas footage from the 18th, and perhaps the Leadey tornado which was very brief on the 19th. I believe both TIV and Dominator were on the same storm as me that day so it's not going to much tornado wise. Perhaps Twistex were on Hennesey but I gather they were working close with Vortex and likely also on the Leedey storm. The 22nd should be epic though I imagine. The TIV was close by me for much of the day and I had some good shots so they should also. At one point they head north and I headed east, they then catch up to me 15 minutes later so I think that they ran into downed powerlines and had to backtrack. The TIV possibly missed much of the beastly wedge. Reed was much better positioned throughout and just up the road when I had my 'multiple-tornados-heading-for-me-dive-into-a-field' moment. This day could easily take up an entire episode

Don't think any of them got the Faith 'nado on the 24th May. I only saw the Twistex guys however and I left before them to intercept at Faith. I didn't make it in time so no way they did. I think they headed north and may have got the EF2 later in the day near the ND Border.

I think the Wadena day was the only other big day for any of the featured teams. I believe they missed out on Campo on the 31st, Illinois on the 5th, Dupre on the 16th and had wrapped filming for the season after the 17th. From that, I'd imagine 2 of the remaing 4 episodes will be excellent and 2 will be filled with more rediculously manufactured drama :)

Posted

I watched episode 4 last night as well, quite a depressing episode. There were lots of comments from Matt all the way through of how he loved chasing as it was to become his final chase, RIP Matt. (Thats how they told the story anyway!)

It has often bugged me in past seasons that they make the 45 minutes or whatever epidose time up by repeating sections every time there is a break. I still enjoy it though and it makes me really eager to get out and chase next year! Roll on May/June 2011!!!!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Hi Ross

Like you it increases the urge in me to get back out on the plains. It is at times like watching Big Brother, never the less, my weekly treat. I watched last weeks feeling a sense of loss and disbelief, tragic.

Tom

Posted

Wow, really enjoyed the latest episode, especially towards the end! But I won't post what happened so as not to spoil it for anyone yet to watch it. The next episode looks insane! Finally, more intense tornado action and slightly less of the drama between the chasers.

:D

So when are you coming out to chase and sample the Circus in full swing W09 ??

You would love it, I am amazed that none of the Hennessey or Wynnewood footage was caught by those teams in that episode :lol: They should have included the Netweather Team as I nearly deployed us under the Wedge and drove 200yds in front of a earlier Cone Tornado further North on that day on Episode 5 :lol:

Good Days and cant wait for next year

Paul S

Posted

Yes Im now starting to count down myself...I cant watch the programme yet as it will do my head in :lol:

I will watch all the ones in Jan

Edited by dogs32