Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Davis Humidity Problem

CFC

Posted

Good morning!

I bought a Davis Vantage PRO2 (wireless) in July 2005 and it has proved to be everything that it was cracked up to be. I think that I had good advice at that time from this forum.

Recently I am getting no readings of outdoor humidity through the night, and it only begins to work about mid morning if things warm up. Temperature is reading o.k. Battery and connections are good and I have given it a good clean.

It looks like I may need a new sensor. Web search seems to suggest that a later version of the sensor is available,but if I understand correctly it is not compatable with my pre 2006 Davis. Can anyone confirm this and if so where might I get an older version of the sensor?

Thank you,

Colin

Posted

Colin.

Sorry unable to offer advice on the Davis, but I had the same thing happen to me with my Oregon humidity sensor. The temperature worked as normal, but the humidity shot up to 98%, (max on OS equipment) and stayed there for 2 weeks. shok.gif Fortunately it was replaced under warranty. clap.gif

Alan.

Posted

Colin.

Sorry unable to offer advice on the Davis, but I had the same thing happen to me with my Oregon humidity sensor. The temperature worked as normal, but the humidity shot up to 98%, (max on OS equipment) and stayed there for 2 weeks. shok.gif Fortunately it was replaced under warranty. clap.gif

Alan.

Thanks Alan,I will keep watching this thread.I am sure someone else will have had the problem,strange how it will give a reading when the day warms up!

Colin