Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fascinating Orbs

Snowkissed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

For the past two years I ahve been interested in the orbs which poeple can catch in digital cameras. After reading the book called 'The Orb Project' by Miceal Ledwith and Klaus Heinemann, I decided to undertake my own investigation into the nature of the orbs. For the past four months I have been taking photos of the night sky from my back garden in Dorset. I have taken these photos in varying weather conditions and temperatures. I have lit the garden using two small flood lights and have used the flash setting on each photo. The results have been amazing.

There are lots of differing beliefs about what the orbs actually are. Some believe that they are spirits, ghosts or UFOs, others believe that they are raindrops, moisture droplets, dust or pollen spores. What ever they are proven to be, I think that we need to acknowledge that they are beautiful natural entities. If they are raindrops then they should be admired for their unique intricate structure, size and colour, just as their frozen cousins are, the snowflakes!

I thought I would post a few of my photos for you to see. I would be very interested to see other peoples' photos. Indeed, some people are now sending me their orb photos to add to my catalogue. I would also be very happy to answer any questions, as far as I possibly can!

Please note that I am a very amature photographer. I use a £200 Cannon digital camera. I have it set on night settings when taking the photos. I do not know what the shutter speed is I am afraid. The Orb Project book recommends taking photos with orbs with a very basic camera with out the red eye reduction function.

I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I do!

post-2492-12575244592671_thumb.jpg

post-2492-1257524492994_thumb.jpg

post-2492-12575246116675_thumb.jpg

post-2492-12575246391563_thumb.jpg

post-2492-12575246572159_thumb.jpg

post-2492-12575247069735_thumb.jpg

post-2492-12575247266755_thumb.jpg

post-2492-12575247732648_thumb.jpg

post-2492-12575248027528.jpg

Posted

HI Snowkissed,

After 30 years of film and darkroom photography I never came across a single orb but within a year of going digital in 2005 I captured one.I was photographing my neices dogs,she was upset that one of here dogs died recently so could it be the spirit of the dead dog or just a de-focused water droplet from the nearby river?

This is a enlargement of the Orb section of the photograph,I hope it comes out OK.

Regards Les.

PS The image wont upload into the board why are some forums dead easy to submit images and others bloody difficult?mad.gif Of course being on steam driven dialup that keeps disconnecting doesnt help!If your interested in the image Ill be pleased to Email it to you.

Edited by Les E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Thanks Les, I would be really interested to see your photo. The new age of digital cameras has opened up many new doors for the paranormal.I think it is important that once you have taken an orb photo you evaluate your own findings, without having to take any 'expert's' word for anything (if that makes sense).

I will PM you with my email address.

Thanks once again!

Posted

HI Snowkissed,

I like many thought most orbs were faults in the negative (although that doesnt explain why they can also apprear on video film)and with the onset of digital that they would dissapear with film,but if anything digital seems to show more orbs.I dont think these orbs are spirits but I find them interesting all the same.In general though I have a very open mind about ghosts and other paranormal phenonoma,Im a scientific person but there is a great deal of eveidence to support the exsistance of ghosts,in fact their a very commen occurance much more than most people realise.It would be great if the scientific community would study ghosts but of course most scientists are too frightened of ridicule.

Regards Les.

Edited by Les E

Posted

You want orbs? How about this :D

lol :D - quite a few entities apparent there! What are your personal thoughts about the photo?

It would be great if the scientific community would study ghosts but of course most scientists are too frightened of ridicule.

Regards Les.

I agree Les, you don't know how nervous I was just starting this thread!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I have seen 'orbs' many times: at night, on my glasses, in a fine drizzle; and through unfocussed microscopes... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I've never got what people see in "orbs", aren't they just bits of dust and water droplets catching the light? :rolleyes:

Edited by James M

Posted

Whatever the cause, it is very much a digital phenomena. A few years ago, I did a film v's digital camera test with both cameras side by side and triggered at the same time. Out of 36 shots, the film camera captured 1 orb and the digital captured 19. Strangely enough, the orb captured on the film camera wasn't captured on the digital. Armed with that info, you have to say that it was caused by something close to the lens and therefore out of focus.

There has to be a problem with the optics in the sensor or a random problem with the way that a digital camera compresses the files. Most cameras default to JPEG compression and this could be part of the problem as I have rarely caught an orb using Raw format.

People can also see faces in these orbs. The thing to remember there is the fact that the human mind defaults to this mode when presented with patterns. This could be part of whatever is going on when people see a ghost, especially at night when our sense of sight is a little more restricted.

Posted

Indeed Potty. There was a similar rush to explain 'rods' as alien beings from another dimension back in the days when digital camcorders were new... :)

Posted

People can also see faces in these orbs. The thing to remember there is the fact that the human mind defaults to this mode when presented with patterns. This could be part of whatever is going on when people see a ghost, especially at night when our sense of sight is a little more restricted.

Yes ... this may be true. Mind you, how exciting and open minded it is to be able to see more than just patterns?

Even if the 'orbs' are just raindrops or moisture particles, I still feel that they are worth admiring when captured on film. If you look closely at the orbs caught in rainfall you will find that they have their own individual structure, just as snowflakes have.

Posted

Indeed Potty. There was a similar rush to explain 'rods' as alien beings from another dimension back in the days when digital camcorders were new... :)

Have they conclusively proven that rods are not aliens? :)

If I remember correctly, evidence was pointing to the fact that the digital cameras were able to catch these 'alien' (meaning unknown species) insects on film as they moved too fast for the naked eye to see. I do not wish to digress, however, when people think of 'aliens' the immediate thought is that they are entities from another plant. We are not considering the fact that there may be many things on this earth we have not able to see before and are now doing so thanks to the advanced technologies which are available to us. We are infact ignorant of many things which live with us on earth. :)

Edited by Snowkissed

Posted

HI Snowkissed,

Im having trouble sending you the promised orb images(full image and enlargement),Ill keep trying but if you dont recieve them in the next day or so contact me with a forewarding address and Ill send you prints.

Regards Les.

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

There are countless times throughout the World of reoccuring ghosts seen by unconnected witnesses that dont even know of any previous sightings of the same ghost.The vast majority of ghost sightings follow certain rules which are remarkably similar throughout the World and differant cultures.I dont know whats going on but something is.I have problems with ghosts being spirits howevedr as their are wearing clothes and I know of no human ghost ever been seen naked.Also there are countless accounts of inanimate ghosts including aircraft,cars,lorries,houses,hedges and even a ghostly hole in the ground!

Regards Les.

Posted

Have they conclusively proven that rods are not aliens? :)

If I remember correctly, evidence was pointing to the fact that the digital cameras were able to catch these 'alien' (meaning unknown species) insects on film as they moved too fast for the naked eye to see. I do not wish to digress, however, when people think of 'aliens' the immediate thought is that they are entities from another plant. We are not considering the fact that there may be many things on this earth we have not able to see before and are now doing so thanks to the advanced technologies which are available to us. We are infact ignorant of many things which live with us on earth. :)

Your last sentence - absolutely! :)

I guess I'm just one those curmudgeons who always looks for prozaic explanations for things. But, you're right about one thing: absence of proof is not proof of absence... :)

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

There are countless times throughout the World of reoccuring ghosts seen by unconnected witnesses that dont even know of any previous sightings of the same ghost.The vast majority of ghost sightings follow certain rules which are remarkably similar throughout the World and differant cultures.I dont know whats going on but something is.I have problems with ghosts being spirits howevedr as their are wearing clothes and I know of no human ghost ever been seen naked.Also there are countless accounts of inanimate ghosts including aircraft,cars,lorries,houses,hedges and even a ghostly hole in the ground!

Regards Les.

I saw a 'ghost' once. I even followed it into the bedroom and started talking to it; only to find that I was alone...A few days' later, a neighbour's German Shepherd (dog not boyfriend!) ran from the house, in terror...

Now, I don't believe that 'ghosts' are spirits of dead people; but they are 'something'? What? I don't know? But - strange things happen in the world of quantum mechanics - highly improbable but possible nonetheless?? :):):):):):):):D

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

Regards Les.

Hiya Les

Have a google on the subject of stone tape theory. It may explain some of the reoccurring ghosts.

Posted

Yes ... this may be true. Mind you, how exciting and open minded it is to be able to see more than just patterns?

Even if the 'orbs' are just raindrops or moisture particles, I still feel that they are worth admiring when captured on film. If you look closely at the orbs caught in rainfall you will find that they have their own individual structure, just as snowflakes have.

I agree. Whatever it is that causes them creates some really beautiful images. Some of them remind me of fractal images, which is another reason why I think that some orbs are something to do with the way the camera processes the image.

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

Im familiar with the theory,but it dosent explain ghosts like phantom hitchickers who actually get into peoples cars and in one case in South Africa onto someones moterbike and travel some distance before suddenly disappearing.There are also hundreds of cases of phantom stone throwers ect.There are too many differant types of ghosts for the theory to hold water in many many cases.

Regards Les.

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

Im familiar with the theory,but it dosent explain ghosts like phantom hitchickers who actually get into peoples cars and in one case in South Africa onto someones moterbike and travel some distance before suddenly disappearing.There are also hundreds of cases of phantom stone throwers ect.There are too many differant types of ghosts for the theory to hold water in many many cases.

Regards Les.

True but phantoms are a different breed of entity. Stone tape only suggests an idea behind reoccurring ghosts, ie ones that go through the same motion in the same place. The idea itself wouldn't work for any other kind ghost.

Did you know that most ghost sightings in the UK are spread out along fault lines? I wonder if there is any connection between fault lines and orbs? Now that would be something worth looking at..

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

Yes, there is a supposed links between outdoor ghosts and laylines, theory is that the Stocksbridge bypass near Sheffield built in the 1980's disturbed a layline which released a number of phantoms witnessed by a number of people including night watchman and police constables.In fact one of the ghosts(a monk)actually attacked the police patrol car! Ghosts in most cases dont act like mere images they seem to be aware of the witnesses even in rare cases comunicating or trying to comunicate with the onlooker.

Regards Les.

Edited by Les E

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

Yes, there is a supposed links between outdoor ghosts and laylines, theory is that the Stocksbridge bypass near Sheffield built in the 1980's disturbed a layline which released a number of phantoms witnessed by a number of people including night watchman and police constables.In fact one of the ghosts(a monk)actually attacked the police patrol car! Ghosts in most cases dont act like mere images they seem to be aware of the witnesses even in rare cases comunicating or trying to comunicate with the onlooker.

Regards Les.

Just up the top side of Sheffield from me. I know the area very well and used to work with one of the team of bus drivers who investigated the area in the 80's. I'll look out the report that they made as I have access to some of the details. All I can say is that there is something up there that's not very happy and it's not all about the by-pass.

Posted

HI Pottyprof,

It was a coincedence that I mentioned the Stocksbridge case I dident notice your profile saying your from there.Its good to speak with someone that knows the area.If you know any snippits about the case thats not been mentioned in books or the internet so far.....doh.gif

Regards Les.

Posted

Did you know that most ghost sightings in the UK are spread out along fault lines? I wonder if there is any connection between fault lines and orbs? Now that would be something worth looking at..

I gather fault lines and lay lines are different things? I agree this is really interesting. I hadn't put the two together before but I have a pair of dowsing rods and have tried to dowse in the garden. When I reach the top end of our garden, by our 80 year old Silver Birch tree, the rods spin quite uncontrolably! We live about four miles away from Badbury Rings in Wimborne, where apparently there are many laylines. I wonder if the presence of laylines have anything at all to do with the amount and type of orbs I am capturing in my garden? I also have some information about earth energy and 'spirits' which I will dig out.

Thanks for mentioning this!

Posted

HI Snowkissed,

oops.gif Sorry your right Laylines and fault lines are differant its just that I couldent comment on faultlines possibly causing ghosts because Ive never heard of a supposed link before!However faultlines are thought to cause aerial lights and glows in the atmosphere called Earthlights which can sometimes precede earth tremours which I believe happened in Wales a couple of times in the mid 70's.Glowing Earthlights are also associated with the Peak district of England.

Regards Les.