Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fascinating Orbs

Snowkissed

Posted

lol :D - quite a few entities apparent there! What are your personal thoughts about the photo?

Either an alien invasion or a very smoky fire :)

Posted

HI There,

Its strange sometimes when science and the paranormal meet.Quite often when Ball Lightning is obseved it seems to act as if its alive or controlled by some intelligence, there are accounts of BL entering houses wandering around the sittingroom then preceeding to float the stairs and exit by a bedroom window or dissapear up the chimney.laugh.gif Will O The Wisp or Jack O Lantern has been know to taunt witnesses by keeping its distance when followed,then approach when they try to wander away.This mischievous almost poltergeist behavour can sometimes extent to more comman weather phenonomen like when lightning knocked out the BBC Weather Centres computer and back in the 70's when the Edinburgh University Weather Department was struck with a bolt of lightning melting a neat hole through a window pane.Not to mention fish and frog falls,and the time a giant hailstone fell in the USA with a Carp inside!Someone up there has a sense of humour!

Regards Les.

Posted

I wish I could download my orb images but I cant ,I think because Im on dialup.The orb I captured is not unlike the second set by Snowkissed but the image was taken in daylight against a gravel shoreline of a river,although it was a rather dull January day at the bottom of a river valley no flash was used.

Les, I wonder if you would be prepared to print a small version of your picture and send it to me? I will PM you later with details etc.

Daylight orbs really interest me. I have posted below a photo taken by a boy ( named Luke) aged 11 years old. He took the photo while he was walking with his mother and his dog at a small local wood. The colour of the orb is a brilliant blue. To date I have not been able to take a photo of a 'coloured' orb in the day light.

Hi Frogesque,

The photo is very interesting. Very often insects can appear bright white when photographed close up with a flash. Sometimes orbs and flying instects can look the same. Usually though if you look closely at the photo you can make out the shape of the wings of an instect in flight. Myself and others who have sent me photos of orbs have taken photos of what are known as 'rocket orbs.' These are bright white balls of light which appear to be shooting upwards. What I like about your photo of the enlarged orb there is the rainbow coloured 'aura' surrounding it. You say that you went out to capture an 'orb' on purpose. Have you done this since and have you had any results?

Really, since I discovered HOW easy it is to capture 'orbs' and 'rods' I serioulsly lost interest in the subject. Most of these atifacts, like lens flare, would have been cropped out, airbrushed or the picture rejected in the VERY expensive days of pre-digital.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Orbs are generally lens flares or tiny droplets of water for example on a spiders web, in between the lens and the object being photographed. Note the often rainbow colour, think how light refracts.

I am not a total skeptic of these orb images but the dead giveaway is that nobody ever says they saw the orb and then photographed it. That is because the orb isn't "real" in a sense.

Here is the explanation for most orbs...please read it is very thorough and shows how orbs can be captured on film - there is no mystery. Even looking at the pictures and not reading most of the text, you'll get the gist!

http://lucianarchy.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=analysis&action=display&thread=6402&page=3

Sorry I only linked to one page, it is the 3rd page of a 3 page thread. You may care to read the other pages but it doesn't really matter.

Posted

It is possible to have a bit of fun with water drops though. :lol:

gimp1.jpg

Fallen Angel

Just don't belive everything you think you see through a camera lens! It's a drip from a tap. Lighting was by way of a halogen spot coupled with an out of sync flash and the background was an out of focus blue plate stood at the back of the sink. Cropped and otherwise unmodified except for the canvas look which was added in GIMP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

[Fallen Angel

Just don't belive everything you think you see through a camera lens! It's a drip from a tap. Lighting was by way of a halogen spot coupled with an out of sync flash and the background was an out of focus blue plate stood at the back of the sink. Cropped and otherwise unmodified except for the canvas look which was added in GIMP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

As a keen photographer, I remember when I went over to digital, that I was fascinated by these 'orbs'... As has been mentioned, water droplets can cause them, but also any airbourne particulate - normally when a flash is being used and the camera is focussed on another object beyond the particulate the flash light bounces off... you will normally find that a flash has been used when orbs are captured.

Another thing already mentioned are these 'rods' - having accidently caught 'rod' type footage on a number of occasions, and having been able to confirm what I was videoing at the time (and what was also in the shot), they seem to be nothing more than insects with a fast moving wingspeed being caught on a camera (video) where the shutter speed creates this effect.

The above is just my opinion and observations... afterall, I may be wrong ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I'm surprised at the colours there, that suggests colour refraction so to me it looks like moisture, but yes the reaction of light to moisture is really fascinating, you're right they are beautiful and intricate.