Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Backtrack

Posted

A partly cloudy day with some sunshine. It was the coldest day since 4th April with a maximum of 8.4C. Last night was around average though (min 4.4C) due to stubborn cloudcover. There was also some light rain in the early hours.

Currently mostly cloudy with a temperature of 5.1C. Dry for the time being.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

no sign of it here too because of that stupid cloud which has been here for 2 hours and is rising the temp from 1.8c to 3.1c now thats really bad for getting my hopes up tonight..

it even rained at 2.4c! now who sees rain at 2.4c tell me not very many people!!

temp 3.1c!

weather cloudy..

wind none thats why that cloud is here!!!

ps sorry for all the moaning have to get it out somewhere where best but on nw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

no sign of it here too because of that stupid cloud which has been here for 2 hours and is rising the temp from 1.8c to 3.1c now thats really bad for getting my hopes up tonight..

it even rained at 2.4c! now who sees rain at 2.4c tell me not very many people!!

temp 3.1c!

weather cloudy..

wind none thats why that cloud is here!!!

ps sorry for all the moaning have to get it out somewhere where best but on nw!

I would hazard a guess quite a lot of people on this forum, if not all of them! You know you need more than low temps to get snow!

Posted

what i ment was that it was very uncommon to get rain at 2.4c!

update : 2234 lets see what dramatic weather meto comes up with now probably 8c! this is actually fun now!shok.gif

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

what i ment was that it was very uncommon to get rain at 2.4c!

Nah, reasonably common I would have said, especially in this country.

Edited by James M

Posted

After a frosty night, lovely day here today, clear blue skies max 6c and frost lay behind the walls all day in the garden. Curently 0c and everything coated in frost and sparkling.Went to the local firework display in Forres tonight and froze. Coldest one for a long time. Bonfire really roared with the cold night and gave off some mini smoke tornadoes which were very impressive silhouetted against the flames, something to do with hot fire and cold surounding air? Winter is setting in.

Posted
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland

Looks like some dramatic showery/stormy weather today in many parts here. Didnt see much of it where I am. The southwest has had massive rain over the past week, I'd love to know the figurews for a few places.

I have really enjoyed the last few days, raw, often blustery, at times rainy/showery and dark - very seasonal! And fresh, cobwebs well and truly blown away. Still some lovely colour in the trees and hedgerows, flowering plants have stayed in bloom very late, and with alot o fleaves fallen, views are really opening up nicely.

Might finally see a proper frost tomorrow night!

Posted

Its been a complete washout of a day here in the central south lakes. I foolishly went walking in the langdale valley believing that yesterdays forecast of sunshine and showers early on clearing to drier weather in the afternoon would have held true.. I was a bit silly not checking the forecast first thing this morning, I got soaked right through, heavy pulses of rain under overcast skies was the order of the day and from between 4pm - 7pm it poured buckets. It seems we were stuck under an area of rain all day that just didn't go anywhere. The forecasters I think were caught out, with warnings only for wales and the sw, if anything the lake district cuaght more persistant rain than anywhere today, the rivers are very close to breaking in some places and localised flooding is occuring again.

Here is hoping we have a relatively dry day tomorrow we need a respite. Its been a miserable Novembers day and I think many bonfire celebrations around here will have been cancelled.

Posted

Its been a complete washout of a day here in the central south lakes. I foolishly went walking in the langdale valley believing that yesterdays forecast of sunshine and showers early on clearing to drier weather in the afternoon would have held true.. I was a bit silly not checking the forecast first thing this morning, I got soaked right through, heavy pulses of rain under overcast skies was the order of the day and from between 4pm - 7pm it poured buckets. It seems we were stuck under an area of rain all day that just didn't go anywhere. The forecasters I think were caught out, with warnings only for wales and the sw, if anything the lake district cuaght more persistant rain than anywhere today, the rivers are very close to breaking in some places and localised flooding is occuring again.

Here is hoping we have a relatively dry day tomorrow we need a respite. Its been a miserable Novembers day and I think many bonfire celebrations around here will have been cancelled.

Poor forecast by Meto today, persistant rain in NE England wasn't forecast.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham