Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain / Winds / Storms - Friday Into Saturday

Paul

Posted

Hi all, please continue the discussion on the severe weather possibilities for the rest of Friday and into Saturday here.

For the latest wind gusts take a look here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=maxg

The latest charts are here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=

Forecasts here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=home;sess=

Weather alerts here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=alerthome

Radar, Hi-res charts, detailed forecasts etc in NW Extra:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/login.pl

And don't forget a moderate risk of severe storms has been forecast (for the first time since we started the storm forecasts) here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Please keep on topic in this thread - this discussion is for both the wind/rain risk and also the convective/severe storm risk..

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Anvil Heads to the South of Ireland are the Convective beginnings of the Squall-Line due to cross Eastwards across the South in 5 hours from now.

Posted
  • Location: Crayford the no interesting weather zone of Kent, (20m asl)

The temp outside is now 15.6c and rising! how warm for a November night? freaky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thanks Paul...an exciting night ahead me thinks! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Wind picking up here now, just recorded a 57.2 mph gust, been gusting around 50-55 mph for a while now, average around 35-40 mph. I wonder what tonight's max will end up being.

Edit: just topped 60 mph

Yes, getting windy on this side of the Pennines too. It should be interesting as where I am seems to take advantage of the funneling effect when the wind is S or SW.

Edited by James M

Posted

OH HELP:unsure: That happened in 1987 and I always said if it ever happened again I would hide under the bed!

Edited by coldfingers

It is still pretty breezy here in South Wales, but it has eased off a bit in the past hour or so, herw are the peak gusts around 8pm. (Source Weatheronline)

Capel Curig (215 m) 80 mph

Pembrey Sands (6 m) 78 mph

Aberdaron (94 m) 75 mph

Mumbles (32 m) 70 mph

Milford Haven (32 m) 68 mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

It's drizzling here in Leeds with a breeze just strong enough to waft the for sale sign next door.

It's scary reading what the south is in for overnight. Take care anyone in the at risk areas.

Posted

Anyone know the extent of the wind for early tommorow morning in Essex I'm doing the knowledge and will be driving along the A13 early tomorrow morning ~ 4.30am on my moped. Really dont want to be blown off.....

Thanks

Posted

Just been outside for a cig things really picking up here in surrey sustained wind speed off 40mph and had a 5 minuite gust i would guess 60mph-65mph small debree begining to fall and one bit off tree decided to have a pop at me just caught me on the side getting quite damageing out there now and to think its only the begining....... Off the end lol friday the 13th do your worstdrinks.gif Up for a all nighter me thinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

are there any chances of this being as bad as 1987?*LOL!*

id say now there was a slight risk of it getting that bad, but i dont quite know exactly what im on about > afterall in 87 120mph gusts were recorded in kent i think.... i seriously doubt we'll be getting anything much above 80mph, but i dont wanna be the one to do the Micheal Fish thing! :D

Posted

Very mild here at 15c :D Strongest gust so far here is 38mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

are there any chances of this being as bad as 1987?*LOL!*

hmm. not in so much as localised effects...IMO, unlike 1987, which I remember well, I've a hunch that whilst not as severe, this atlantic system will throw the effects of severe weather over a wider area...(meaning severe/tornadic weather) just an opinion

Posted

Current temp here in hull is 14.7c which has rose from 9.6 in a matter of 1 hour!

Dew point: 12.5c

Humidity: 87%

Wind is picking up, but not getting picked up on my station due to the track of the wind.

Will keep you updated.

Posted

Anyone know the extent of the wind for early tommorow morning in Essex I'm doing the knowledge and will be driving along the A13 early tomorrow morning ~ 4.30am on my moped. Really dont want to be blown off.....

Thanks

I really would not recommended moped riding in that wind!!!

Was about to mention something about this - max temp anywhere was 15c at around 5pm, now we're up to 17c in london!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=maxt;sess=

Since I typed that last post with the temp its now 16c!!!!! thats how quick its rising!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

There is a lull in the winds here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

OH HELP:unsure: That happened in 1987 and I always said if it ever happened again I would hide under the bed!

the sea temp too according i think the greenwich light vessel is about 14 degrees c......is that warm too for this time of year?

Posted

Was about to mention something about this - max temp anywhere was 15c at around 5pm, now we're up to 17c in london!

http://www.netweathe...type=maxt;sess=

Yes paul was going to mention how warm it feels outside kinda reminds me off a summer evening before a storm passes through. If i am right in thinking this may make the storm more violent warmer air source?

Posted

I agree AJ

It is the risk tomorrow morning from 3-11z within the Convective Zone that crosses the Uk that poses the most risk to property and Trees etc, we could easily see 80mph gusts within Squally showers even Inland, added to that risk is the likelihood of 1 or 2 Tornadoes thrown into the Mix which could generate winds in excess of 100mph or T2 to T4 Intensity.

The main winds at the moment are calming down in the South West with the strongest transferring Northwards, the 2nd wave of action in about 6 hours time will be the main player!

Paul S