Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain / Winds / Storms - Friday Into Saturday

Paul

Posted

Was about to mention something about this - max temp anywhere was 15c at around 5pm, now we're up to 17c in london!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=maxt;sess=

At this rate it will be 20c by midnight :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Was about to mention something about this - max temp anywhere was 15c at around 5pm, now we're up to 17c in london!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=maxt;sess=

12.3C here, an increase since 5pm of 2.2C, remarkable considering time of day, also pressure drop of 3mb in the past hour, reading 989mb on my weather station currently

Posted

The reason for the warm temps is the Southerly is being brung right from the Azores, the warm sector really is warm and once the cold front or Triple Point comes through tomorrow you really will notice the drop in temperature :D

Posted

I've just driven all the way down to Dorset from Nottingham and some of the weather along the way has been pretty horrendous. Very windy outside round here as well - don't think I've seen it like this in my short time aboard this planet. :D

Posted

Just been outside for a cig things really picking up here in surrey sustained wind speed off 40mph and had a 5 minuite gust i would guess 60mph-65mph

I reckon that is a bit of an overestimate ! Even on the south coast they are only managing 50mph at the moment in the gusts. Gatwick only reporting gusts to 35mph

Wind easing as expected in the SW once the cold front has gone through. Marathon Gas platform showing first signs of the 'second wave' associated with the trough line. The most severe gusts will be associated with the convective showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'd imagine the second wave of strong winds to possibly produce very locally exposed gusts of 90-95mph later on tonight/early morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Temperature between 15.2-15.4 deg.C in Guildford at present with gusty S.S.W. wind (25~30 mph). There is only drizzle and light rain at present and have been no heavier bursts since around 3 pm.

Barometer is dropping, after being at 1000 mb much of the afternoon, pressure took a dive at 7 pm when the wind started to increase. Pressure is currently 996 mb.

Posted

showers do seem to be forming out west as time goes by with the odd sferic

better leave my camera on the tripod tonight you never know what might arrive..

temp here is 24C

but i am sat indoors

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Severe flood warning now for Christchurch Harbour area in Dorset - mainly for back up of flood waters on a high tide exacerbated by strong Serly winds in Channel:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx?type=Warnings&term=All

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Where is Storm boy?

got some bigger gusts here but I have no idea how much as not got equipment. ...storm boy???

Interesting about the convection that Paul wrote and the temperature rising. that I take it will contribute to the effect tomorrow?

I do hope people are sensible here and take heeds of all the warnings.

Posted

Severe flood warning now for Christchurch Harbour area in Dorset - mainly for back up of flood waters on a high tide exacerbated by strong Serly winds in Channel:

http://www.environme...rnings&term=All

Well......the rain is here, and its very heavy and making the roof rumble!

Posted

It is still pretty breezy here in South Wales, but it has eased off a bit in the past hour or so, herw are the peak gusts around 8pm. (Source Weatheronline)

Capel Curig (215 m) 80 mph

Pembrey Sands (6 m) 78 mph

Aberdaron (94 m) 75 mph

Mumbles (32 m) 70 mph

Milford Haven (32 m) 68 mph

That`s impressive,gusts are doubling the mean speed in some parts of Wales.

Not that windy here yet,from a S-ly.

Posted

Very mild here at 15c ohmy.gif Strongest gust so far here is 38mph.

I's quite normal to see a rise in temperature as the storms leading edge enters through. As it clears the winds swing to the north and so it turns cooler. In 1987 as the storm came in there were record rises in temperature in a short space of time (18c for example in the early hours then dropping away quickly) and record drops in pressure.

Posted

I reckon that is a bit of an overestimate ! Even on the south coast they are only managing 50mph at the moment in the gusts. Gatwick only reporting gusts to 35mph

Wind easing as expected in the SW once the cold front has gone through. Marathon Gas platform showing first signs of the 'second wave' associated with the trough line. The most severe gusts will be associated with the convective showers.

Hmm dont reckon so i have been out and made it through a few storms working outside through the 87 event ect. The wind/gales may have been slightly over egged but at least a 50mph+. On this upcoming event my senses tell me that this will be a very very severe storm and i think and i prey that everyone who is caught up in this takes peoples and my advice please do not underestimate this storm.

Posted

Stupid question, but after just watching the BBC 10:35 weather, it suggests that i wont see anymore rain.

Dont know if people agree, but for the size of the system and intensity, why is they a lack of heavy rainfall?

Posted

I've attempted to update with 21z data in the link below-note the term-'attempted' !

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/57526-following-the-low-friday-into-saturday/page__gopid__1613120&

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Where is Storm boy?

got some bigger gusts here but I have no idea how much as not got equipment. ...storm boy???

Interesting about the convection that Paul wrote and the temperature rising. that I take it will contribute to the effect tomorrow?

I do hope people are sensible here and take heeds of all the warnings.

Hi,

My current readings are 989.8hpa, 12.5c temp and 13mm day total rainfall as at 22:42 so nothing special yet!

I just popped outside and the leaves are all over the place but so far my highest gust is 23mph and that was much earlier in the day. I live by a woodland edge and I certainly hope the mighty oaks n beeches stand up well even if I do like to hear the wind howl and give us a good ole blow.

Polar Bear, if you have access, check out the latest NW radar image for our neck of the woods.

Keep the updates coming guys n gals.

Posted

Along with the Level 2 from Estofex and Tornado Watch from Torro I think I am right in saying this is the 1st ever MODERATE RISK From Netweather since the Convective Outlooks went into the new style, so please take notice of this if you are out and about early tomorrow morning.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

What would people suggest is a good time to set the alarm for so I don't miss the main event? I'm thinking 3am... when is the cold front expected?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

What would people suggest is a good time to set the alarm for so I don't miss the main event? I'm thinking 3am... when is the cold front expected?

Set for about 2.30-3.00am, would be great to have a tornado to rip through here though to wake me up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hi,

My current readings are 989.8hpa, 12.5c temp and 13mm day total rainfall as at 22:42 so nothing special yet!

I just popped outside and the leaves are all over the place but so far my highest gust is 23mph and that was much earlier in the day. I live by a woodland edge and I certainly hope the mighty oaks n beeches stand up well even if I do like to hear the wind howl and give us a good ole blow.

Polar Bear, if you have access, check out the latest NW radar image for our neck of the woods.

Keep the updates coming guys n gals.

thanks Stormboy, wonderful.

Alas no access to NW extra as very very rare I get time to go on the www....

I will cruise someother sites. thanks for the tip though..

PB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Thanks Marcus. I think I'll call it a day for now and I'll be up tomorrow in 4 hours time to see how things are progressing. Wind has died down a lot now, it is just like a normal windy spell at the moment.. hopefully it will be more interesting later.