Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rain / Winds / Storms - Friday Into Saturday

Paul

Posted

Is this as stormy as it going to get in Southern/ SE England because it only feels fairy windy, my hopes had probably got up too high:p- im confused as to weather its going to get more windy tonight/ tommorow, stay the same or die down? I think we had bigger gusts earlier. doesn't feel like theirs tornado risks atm anyway.

Same here. Im goind to go a bed in a mo, but set the alarm clock early for a Saturday morning - just in case something happens!

Posted

Is this as stormy as it going to get in Southern/ SE England because it only feels fairy windy, my hopes had probably got up too high:p- im confused as to weather its going to get more windy tonight/ tommorow, stay the same or die down? I think we had bigger gusts earlier. doesn't feel like theirs tornado risks atm anyway.

Lol

Well thats the Million dollar question, is your location going to see any of the Convective & Squally Showers tomorrow morning, it is these showers/storms that have the capability to bring strong winds down to the surface above 50-65mph and if you get a Tornadic Storm then you will have something around the 100mph mark to contend with, if you miss and dodge the showers you probably wont even notice this event other than a windy night and morning, unfortunately none of us have that crystal ball when forecasting showers not even the Meto

Regards

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

It will get much windier for S and SE England around mid-late morning as a trough with tight pressure gradients moves through from the W ... this will provide the damaging gusts - both convective and non-convective.

Posted

Can anyone with a lot of experience in setting up weather stations, i have some general technical questions.

I'll make it worth your while somehow.

Please private message me

Sorry to be off topic paul/mods, but its really important and i need to know things before i climb the roof before the big winds come in.

lewis

Posted

Hi Paul, 22z UKMet synoptic analysis showed a wave in the cold front across SW England, probably what's holding up its eastward progression.

Some lively showers with sferics heading across Cornwall/Devon and also over SW Wales in the unstable rPm airmass post front.

Thanks Nick

Did wonder what was going on with the CF Over the last few hours, there is the answer above :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Same here. Im goind to go a bed in a mo, but set the alarm clock early for a Saturday morning - just in case something happens!

good idea :] i think i'll do the same XD

[but no way am i getting out of bed unless theres a gale coming through my open window!]

Posted

Just had another nice bout of rain. It's miserable out there. Something fell over at one point with a rather loud noise outside, didn't find out what.

I heard this godawful noise in the wind, I looked up into the skies, and saw the county of Cornwall blown off the map north eastwards towards the north sea...being a Devonian, thats not necessarily a bad thing.... :D

I'm looking forward to seeing Devon overhead soon! :D:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Lol

Well thats the Million dollar question, is your location going to see any of the Convective & Squally Showers tomorrow morning, it is these showers/storms that have the capability to bring strong winds down to the surface above 50-65mph and if you get a Tornadic Storm then you will have something around the 100mph mark to contend with, if you miss and dodge the showers you probably wont even notice this event other than a windy night and morning, unfortunately none of us have that crystal ball when forecasting showers not even the Meto

Regards

Paul S

thanks! :] ill watch out for showers, i didnt know showers really had anything to do with surface winds, i do now though lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It's horrendous out there, having been at work all evening, the cold front clearly went through between 7 and 9pm in Plymouth. Now it feels like a November evening. Winds have dipped since early evening, but are now starting to build again.

Plymouth had major traffic probs earlier with Tamar Bridge partly closed, plus shop signs flying around the City Centre, hence my early finish- for the first time, pulled off street for personal safety!!!!

The bay here looking out is a white sea of foam and breakers, and it going to get worse according to David Braine on BBC Spotlight plus reading Net Weather!!!

Posted

Rumble of thunder just then. Some showers passing through now and again.

PS. Lewis - it's probably not a good idea to climb on your roof in the middle of the night!:80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I thought the winds would be much worse here. It barely went above a breeze here imo. Set to remain quiet for most of the night i think before picking up again in the morning but we shall see how much doesnt happen then. :80:

Posted

is there any thunder?

No thunder but I can believe lightening in the city, my location in Heybrook Bay is right at the entrance to the Sound - opposite Rame Head. - edit that was lightening and thunder!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Winds picking up again and now rattling the windows ,squally showers .

Lots of debris on the roads from earlier gusts.

I've had odd flashes of lightning throughout the evening.No thunder though.

Although I LOVE this type of weather ,I hope folk are safe and well at then end of it.

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

87 users and counting at nearly mid-night but I feel there will be one less soon, bed beckons.

Stay safe people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

With yesterday's heavy rain, the local river (Parrett), is very near bursting. We've had 32mm of rain today to wash down off the hills into the river. Looks highly probable that I may be cut off this weekend!

Winds increasing again after the lull of the last few hours. Not yet back up to the dizzy heights of the 72mph gust I recorded earlier, but a few squally gusts of around 45mph are still occuring from time to time.

Posted

Tracey- are you getting this lightening? Where in the city are you?

3rd flash in 5 minutes now