Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted

Hi sufc. You'll get one sleetflake and then nothing....:D:) :)

My area has had around 40mm of rain in the last few days, so i don't really want anymore :)

Posted

The snowline retreated to about 700m on the Lake District fells today thanks to milder air spilling in from the south, it did look like we would stay in the slightly colder polar air. However, I think many Pennine hills will be getting a real pasting of snow as we speak. The snow will move into Peak District and N Wales hills overnight, not expecting any low level snowfall anywhere in England, however, Scotland could see some further snow showers at low levels by the morning especially in coastal parts in the east.

Tomorrow is looking a cold bright day for much of the north, with an increased risk of a snowflake or two at low levels in the north of England under any heavy showers, most likely in NE England.

A cold night for the whole country tomorrow, many southern parts of England and Wales could see there first air frost of the season. I'm expecting some Highland Glens to get close to -10 degrees, I think -7 degrees is a little conservative.

The mini cold spell looks like ending during Tuesday as we see average conditions set in.

Posted

I like the look of the latest forecast by Rob which shows the North Sea showers could potentially have a wintry flavour to them. I don't think the North Sea will be full of showers but maybe a few heavier ones can't be ruled out.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I like the look of the latest forecast by Rob which shows the North Sea showers could potentially have a wintry flavour to them. I don't think the North Sea will be full of showers but maybe a few heavier ones can't be ruled out.

Even with temps around 5°C and Dp's @ 2°C there is definitely a wintery mix out there tonight right here on the NE coast especially in the heavier showers getting blown on very strong gusts and the NW 5min radar is now showing snow falling on the cheviots.

Posted

The MO updated their site about an hour ago and removed all references to snow in the SE corner this morning... it's just gonna be a bit nippy today with some rain then back to slightly warmer South and South Westerly winds :) Talk about short lived, but we do have a whole winter ahead of us I suppose.

Posted

The local BBC forecast suggested -5C for Keswick tonight. If conditions are similar here, then I'll be a good few degrees lower than that, so I wouldn't be surprised if I wake up to -7 or -8 tomorrow morning. In some ways, I hope not though, as the heater matrix has died in my car, and I have to get to Carlisle first thing tomorrow to get it replaced. Brrrrrrrr.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Well the cold air arrived earlier than expected (As i predicted) dragging the temperatures down to 2c colder than forecast (1c)

Min here was 1.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

We've had our first snow this morning. Wasn't enough to settle in Stanley but up in Consett there is a dusting in some parts.

Posted

had constant showers off the N sea, very heavy although the radar does not show it.

Had a lovely rainbow about 10 mins ago.

The clouds have them (North Sea northerly look to them) white and fluffy they actually look like snow clouds.

Temp a barmy 6.5c with a dew of 3.8c

not a cold spell here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Nowhere near as much cold air moving South as we were expecting 2 or 3 days ago unfortunately, pitty because it would always be nice to have banked a little early season snowfall, so to speak, even if we have got all Winter in front of us, which might produce something decent or just more of the Atlantic and more near misses. It gets very frustrating when by late winter its a story of close, close, very close, but still no cigars. :doh:

Posted

You can see some snow cover on the satellite images on high ground in Scotland and N England...

www.sat24.com/gb

Looks like a few more showers to come but I think the dusting in Consett this morning is the best we'll get today.

Posted

You can see some snow cover on the satellite images on high ground in Scotland and N England...

www.sat24.com/gb

Looks like a few more showers to come but I think the dusting in Consett this morning is the best we'll get today.

i missed it Mark lol.

Posted

i missed it Mark lol.

You didn't miss much Peter, it was just on the cars and the grass.

Still nice to see though.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

Tuesday weather is looking great for anyone in the west and up north in the late afternoon could be the first significant snow fall this year if all goes well..

captureid.png

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

Seems like I missed nothing last night :lol: ,there was a power cut here all night could well of the strong north wind and loose twigs blown onto the wires,it`s a shock to the system after all the SW-ly gales.

Anyway it got down to 1.1c again and seemed to of rained but I wasn`t up.

3.6c now and sunny,glad I kept that snowball. :rofl:

Tonights frost about -2c

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn2417.png

Posted

Just had another snow shower here, not enough to settle but looked like 100% snow.

The skies should clear soon so I would imagine there could be some ice problems with the wet surfaces.

Posted

It's been a day of sunshine and showers for my location, but there's been nothing wintry, I'm afraid.

Skies are beginning to clear, however, and temps have fallen to around 4.4c