Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Sleet and hail showers throughout the day with a little bit of lying hail / slush but there was 10 minutes of heavy snow about half an hour ago. 2.3°C now after a high of 3.5°C. A few degrees colder in the showers of course.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A dry bright day here with mostly clear skies. Had my first sharp frost of the season last night. Last nights min was 0.1c,so close to my first air frost of the season,hopefully tonight i will get one.

Todays max temp a chilly 3.3c

Current temp 2.7c

Posted

It's been a day of sunshine and showers for my location, but there's been nothing wintry, I'm afraid.

Skies are beginning to clear, however, and temps have fallen to around 4.4c

Hi mate.

Plenty of showers here this afternoon,and it's currently chucking it down again,and rather windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Just wondering if there might be a bit of Sleet/Snow for Tomorrow as that milder air hits the cold air

I think the met office might have overdone the Temps slightly for example i was forecast 6c today

Did not get above 4.8c

Guess it will be a case of wait and see

Looks good though for Scotland just seen the weather for tomorrow afternoon on the BBC

and Snow forecast for low lying areas.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Gone clear now *Rubs hand in pleasure* temp has dropped to 4.1c!

Just wondering if there might be a bit of Sleet/Snow for Tomorrow as that milder air hits the cold air

I think the met office might have overdone the Temps slightly for example i was forecast 6c today

Did not get above 4.8c

Guess it will be a case of wait and see

Looks good though for Scotland just seen the weather for tomorrow afternoon on the BBC

and Snow forecast for low lying areas.

C.S

Yes mate, we will see some frontal edge snow tomorrow, sleet at worst, full blown on rain is unlikely.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

This front tomorrow is certainly what I edging my bets on for some of that white stuff! esp if this cold air can really get stuck in over the next, say, 18 hours!

Fingers crossed backtrack and cheshire snow!

CG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Cold, dry, maximum below 3C. It's now 2.1C and am expecting the first major frost with temperatures getting down to about -5C!

Very hopeful about tomorrow as the gfs shows Eastern Scotland being the last lowland area to hold onto the wintry precipitation.

Any wintry showers snowstorm1?

CW

Posted

Can't really see the potential for any snow. I think you would see a little sleet at best! Any wintry weather would be confined to the hills, like it has been for the past few days.

Temperature here 3.9c. Quite a bit of cloud around as well.

Edited by mark bayley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Chilly today but a pathetic attempt at a cold spell after what the charts predicted a few days ago. It doesnt bother me as Winter should lie many surprises ahead hopefully but i hope the downgrades of the last few days dont keep happening.

Posted

Certainly much colder here today, hands start to get numb when you cycle! About 4.7C now, expecting first frost of the season!

Posted

Not bad today for an El nino november I suppose max of 4.2c coldest day since february 12th.

Pretty feeble N-ly otherwise.

Doesn`t feel frosty tonight overcast with a very light wintry shower currently at 2.8c

It going to take a while for temps to tumble,cloudcover looks like a problem,but by 6am GFS does show an air frost just about.

Not at middnight though.

http://91.121.93.17/wz/pics/Rmgfs124.gif

Posted

Just would like to add this: The Weather Outlook has released its winter forecast and they think a colder than average winter is going to happen. Seems like everyone is predicting a cold winter but the Met!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

2.4°C and some sleety drops of rain are starting to fall again :)

Posted

Wonder if we will get anymore snow here overnight. looks possible for a time. Already had some snow over higher ground at the weekend. and had sleet and alittle snow at lower levels on saturday night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Currently 1.6C and dropping. The met office has finally decided that Fife might see some of the sleet/snow tomorrow night http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ta/st_andrews_forecast_weather.html drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Cold, dry, maximum below 3C. It's now 2.1C and am expecting the first major frost with temperatures getting down to about -5C!

Very hopeful about tomorrow as the gfs shows Eastern Scotland being the last lowland area to hold onto the wintry precipitation.

Any wintry showers snowstorm1?

CW

Hello mate i had a hail and a rain shower tuesday night looks good again imo :good:

Posted

On BBC for tomorrow night they said "troublesome snow on high ground over North England and Scotland", at least the presenter didn't say the pennines, there could well be a period of heavy snow, although it is likely to turn back to rain still something wintry to look forward to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

1.5c here with a slow decline in temperature of -0.2c per hour wallbash.gif

On BBC for tomorrow night they said "troublesome snow on high ground over North England and Scotland", at least the presenter didn't say the pennines, there could well be a period of heavy snow, although it is likely to turn back to rain still something wintry to look forward to.

I wish i could relocate my hills to the northern half of country for these events lazy.gifcray.gif

Posted

Once again, North Sea giving me temps of 6.5c with a max today of 9.7c, dew points @ 3.5 at the moment.

It was always going to be a non event

6C here mate, but it feels colder than that in the wind,although the showers have died out in the last hour.

Posted

Once again, North Sea giving me temps of 6.5c with a max today of 9.7c, dew points @ 3.5 at the moment.

It was always going to be a non event

I think your sensor is over-reading a bit there mate. The max temp today at Bridlington was 6.8C, Leconfield 7.2C and here 7.1C.

Nevertheless it has been a typical transient 24 hour modified northerly. 850hPa temperatures will have bottomed out at around -5C or -6C, but in this scenario as the flow is slack you get a lot of modification from the North sea which saturates the air and raises the dewpoint.

You really need a much more potent cold source for wintry conditions this early in the season at lower levels and close to the coast.