Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Lowest temp so far is -1c at Stornoway. That's impressive for being so far out west. Don't often get low temps out there.

I can beat that,

-3c in Loch Glascarnoch!

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

True! Although, it's common for there to be -3c. It's quite rare for the western isles to record -1 temps before the rest of mainland UK does ;)

Never mind Stornoway, I never get low temps ;)

Minus 2 in Glasgow now!

Posted

Local forecast mentioned heavy snow possible here. On high ground but also to lower levels for a time overnight.

Posted

Local forecast mentioned heavy snow possible here. On high ground but also to lower levels for a time overnight.

I can see Fermanagh, Tyrone and Londonderry getting some snow for a while at lower levels. Usually by the time it reaches Belfast and the east of the province it's all rain in this type of set up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

My local weather forcast suggests snow for hills and didnt say anything about lower levels and 5-10cm on high ground above 200m but she didnt explain the night forcast which leads me to think they are keeping a close eye on it because she didnt say rain moving east she just skipped to wednesday interesting ;)

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Hey, have not posted in a while due to not having internet at home. (living with parents)...

Rain turned to snow on both saturday and sunday, so first snow was 28th Nov here, however there was no lying snow.

Posted

Very cold night ahead here ice on the cars already.

Posted

I expect some ice tonight, maybe now the final shower of the day has passed, and the temperatures are beginning to drop 3.6C, but at this present time it is still cloudy, beginning to break

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Most places in Scotland have hit -2c xcweather is showing. Temperature here is 0.5c coldest I've recorded in a long time.

still 1.3C here so I doubt I'll get anywhere near the lowest temperatures tonight, perhaps just around -3C

Posted

My local weather forcast suggests snow for hills and didnt say anything about lower levels and 5-10cm on high ground above 200m but she didnt explain the night forcast which leads me to think they are keeping a close eye on it because she didnt say rain moving east she just skipped to wednesday interesting :nonono:

No offense, but your getting to excited, the chances for you seeing snow at low levels are extremely slim, its practically a non event for low levels across the U.K, your just assuming things. I don't want you to be disapointed mate. I'll say one thing it's going to be another long winter here on NW, but this winter i think me and you should do pretty well on a whole.

Lewis

Posted

Temp hovering just above freezing here at 0.1'c from 3.0'c at 5pm, continues to drop as the ground is starting to freeze outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Temps dropping slowly here. Now -1.1C

Posted

sorry wrong thread..

Edited by Snooz

Posted

Anyone know if any ppn will move in to the northwest overnight?

Also, im thinking of buying a weather station (like a little electronic one) and am wondering what to get... Has to be less than £40, is there anything worth getting?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Anyone know if any ppn will move in to the northwest overnight?

Also, im thinking of buying a weather station (like a little electronic one) and am wondering what to get... Has to be less than £40, is there anything worth getting?

I don't think you can get much more than a temperature sensor for £40. Oregon Scientific are good for small ones.

http://www.oregonscientific.co.uk/cat-Weather-sub-Thermometers.html

They're not cheap, mine cost £600 mellow.gif

Posted

I don't think you can get much more than a temperature sensor for £40. Oregon Scientific are good for small ones.

http://www.oregonscientific.co.uk/cat-Weather-sub-Thermometers.html

They're not cheap, mine cost £600 mellow.gif

600 quid is a bit steep, are there any that will simply tell me dew point, temperature, and humidity? for less than 40 quid

In fact, can anyone tell me what is expected in a weather station? what you should get etc..?

Posted

600 quid is a bit steep, are there any that will simply tell me dew point, temperature, and humidity? for less than 40 quid

In fact, can anyone tell me what is expected in a weather station? what you should get etc..?

Your best going to the weather equipment forum

Just had a quick scan and i found this

http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/technoline_WS300.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

You will be pushing it I think. £100+ for ones which tell the dew point I would have thought. Perhaps eBay might have some bargains?