Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Can anyone inform if snow is possible tonight for my area thankyou? to me it looks like a few hours of snow with a covering of 5cm and then in morn abotu 3cm left? :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Dewpoint around 0C, cloud building, let's see what falls.

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

yeah thats what im looking at, but it only updates every 15 minutes, and you only get say, the quarter past 4 shot, at 28 minutes past.

i think rain is probably likely in your area even here in Glasgow its raining unless temp drops rapidly for me i wont see anything at all this week and today

is the last chance this week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Can anyone inform if snow is possible tonight for my area thankyou? to me it looks like a few hours of snow with a covering of 5cm and then in morn abotu 3cm left? whistling.gif

I think you're just a bit too far south and not far enough above sea level, but you never know!

Posted

It's because netweather copy of the metoffice and well known sites, you'll see netweather posting one soon after meto launched one for the same areas.

lewis

Not sure about that - sometimes I've seen them go out on a wing before Met O - I think ! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Dew point is minus 8c here... Snow?

Posted

It's because netweather copy of the metoffice and well known sites, you'll see netweather posting one soon after meto launched one for the same areas.

lewis

alert issued

and Lewis

wind your neck in!

I do not need to look at Met O warnings ever

trust me I have 40 years experience of doing this sort of thing so I am not impressed at that slur

mods my apologies about not hitting the report button but it needed saying.

Posted

Oh yeahhh!! that's what i'm talking about!

Umm didn't work... Radar shows sleet and snow for my area falling now... Wont post for some reason.

post-8895-1259685194006.txt

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Can anyone inform if snow is possible tonight for my area thankyou? to me it looks like a few hours of snow with a covering of 5cm and then in morn abotu 3cm left? :wallbash:

The warnings for 5-10cm are for areas over 150m asl, but I would expect a little sleet or possibly very wet snow to lower levels for an hour or so before it turns to rain. What elevation are you at? I'm 71m asl.

Posted

SNOWING HERE!!! LIGHT SNOW FALLING AT 70M ABOVE SEA LEVEL! TEMP IS 4.5C DEW POINT IS 0c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

SNOWING HERE!!! LIGHT SNOW FALLING AT 70M ABOVE SEA LEVEL! TEMP IS 4.5C DEW POINT IS 0c!

That's built my hopes up massively! Temp here 2.4°C and the dew point is estimated to be -0.6 using the humidity reading of 80% on the BBC so conditions may be favourable enough for snow :wallbash:

Posted

I seem to be just the wrong side of marginal - dewpoint 0.2C with moderate sleety drizzle. The hill is white though, so perhaps we may see some snow as the precipitation intensifies.

Posted

That's built my hopes up massively! Temp here 2.4°C and the dew point is estimated to be -0.6 using the humidity reading of 80% on the BBC so conditions may be favourable enough for snow :unsure:

Keep the faith :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Excellent

I am only 15 miles from you and its bone dry here

C.S

Posted

Sorry about my earlier message saying netweather copy metoffice for warnings etc, just had a grilling off paul.

My earlier message came across wrong, what i ment was when i see metoffice launch a warning, i always expect and look out for one from netweather.

They can clearly see whats happening on the models too.

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

lewis

I don't think that's how it works, Netweather has good enough forecasters so that they don't need to copy off others. I would imagine they will keep an eye on what others are doing but they won't issue a warning just because the Met Office has.

I think you'll be a bit low down to get anything more than 1cm if you're lucky. Even if you did get more I don't think any would survive until morning. Good luck though I hope we all get a decent covering.

Posted

Perhaps a timely reminder of how to survive the Winter season here on Netweather:

netweather.tv/how-to-make-it-through-the-winter-on-the-nw-forum

Just like the weather: Chill! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I seem to be just the wrong side of marginal - dewpoint 0.2C with moderate sleety drizzle. The hill is white though, so perhaps we may see some snow as the precipitation intensifies.

Hello

I am slightly more inland than you and it is snowing very lightly here. Temps are 2.4oc and dewpoint is -2.2. We do have a weather warning out but not sure if this will last for any length of time here. Keeping an eye on dewpoints and temps tho'.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Perhaps a timely reminder of how to survive the Winter season here on Netweather:

netweather.tv/how-to-make-it-through-the-winter-on-the-nw-forum

Just like the weather: Chill! :wallbash:

I keep making stupid mistakes :unsure:, i'm already hanging on Paul's hook. And i need to be so careful, i really hope i last the winter :)

lewis

Posted

Can anyone inform if snow is possible tonight for my area thankyou? to me it looks like a few hours of snow with a covering of 5cm and then in morn about 3cm left? whistling.gif

You are very unlikely to get a covering of snow from this kind of setup, at best a cm. For this you need to be as inland as possible and high up.

Posted

It's beginning to turn.....!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Im 22m above sea level and 8 - 10miles from the coast and currently dewpoint is in negative territory :wallbash: COME ON MY KEEP THE FAITH IT WILL SNOW :unsure: I know i might be optimistic but what the hell :)

Edited by Snowstorm1