Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ramping Thread

Paul

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

The thing is, it's not the first time I've done this. And we all know when synoptics like this appear previously, it's not ended with me having the last laugh.

It's got to happen one day, right???

well i am going to wait till at least Thursday before announcing anything if at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

large_mlwnemsnowfestl1.jpg

Well maybe you'll have the last laugh.....

Haha i always do same thing at work, i just cannot help my self at times and then 2 weeks later it is raining and mild and you just hope they forgot your cold ramp but they dont. lolwhistling.gif

Posted
Another pleasing run from the GFS, shall we start arranging the funeral for the christmas pudding now or tomorrow?

Yes and everyone must wear white to the funeral!!

Posted
glasgow-guy well i am going to wait till at least Thursday before announcing anything if at all

i have already announced but added `if it comes off`just as a cover after previous years !! :drinks:

Posted

i have already announced but added `if it comes off`just as a cover after previous years !! 8)

Is my email to the Daily Express the kiss of Death?? :drinks:

Posted

Is my email to the Daily Express the kiss of Death?? :drinks:

post-6667-12601945718009_thumb.jpg

Posted

Monday 14th Dec0°c5°c5mm35%0%plus.gifTuesday 15th Dec0°c5°c2mm60%10%plus.gifWednesday 16th Dec0°c4°c1mm60%0%plus.gif

Ah 8) the return of the snow risk on the 10 day forecast. If only i wasn't pessimistic enough to beleive this..., however i won't get shouted at on here so RAMP :drinks:

Posted

I firmly believe that we will see a cold event hitting Britain around the middle of the month. how cold and how severe? time will tell all in the coming days.

Thursday the boards may go into melt down and we may get a clearer picture of events ahead for Britain. the ramping thread is a great idea but i am

really positive that the week beginning 14th. will bring some of us that elusive white stuff and cheer just before Xmas

Glasgow looks great covered in snow don't ya think?

3270740900b9d559d36db.jpg

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Glasgow has undergone a lot of renovation in recent decades, and as a result some parts of the city are very grim, but some other parts are very nice (and sometimes nice areas and grim areas appear right next to each other).

An easterly can bring snow to Glasgow as happened a few times during the winter of 1995/96- usually via snow showers heading east-west across the Scottish Lowlands. However anything less than a full-on cold blast will probably give nothing. A similar assessment applies to Manchester which, as Mr_Data sometimes points out, is a lot more receptive to snow showers from a showery easterly than is often assumed on TV broadcasts. After all, Manchester isn't on the west coast, it's right at the foot of the Pennines and some way inland.

Posted

Glasgow has undergone a lot of renovation in recent decades, and as a result some parts of the city are very grim, but some other parts are very nice (and sometimes nice areas and grim areas appear right next to each other).

An easterly can bring snow to Glasgow as happened a few times during the winter of 1995/96- usually via snow showers heading east-west across the Scottish Lowlands. However anything less than a full-on cold blast will probably give nothing. A similar assessment applies to Manchester which, as Mr_Data sometimes points out, is a lot more receptive to snow showers from a showery easterly than is often assumed on TV broadcasts. After all, Manchester isn't on the west coast, it's right at the foot of the Pennines and some way inland.

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

We are getting very close to the added histeria of white christmas's now arn't we :drinks:

Posted

Well those fantasy charts are quite possibly the best I've seen for snow potential - incredible. Long way to go yet, but nice to look at nonethless. :drinks:

Posted

I wanna join in the ramping!!!!

Snow charts looking very good for us over here on the East coast for December 14th right up to 23rd!!!!

I do know the models can change before then but looks good right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAMP...........

Posted

i think if these charts come off i am in for a good dumping if i miss out after this then i will give up totally. These charts are really rare at this time of the year i have not seen charts like this for a long time if ever before xmas. Bring it on SACRA numbers are avaiable in the SACRA thread if anybody wants to join up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

well just seen 12Z and thats unbelievable, snow for me next tues as beast moves in, saw 6Z was very cold and less snowy, but 6z more likely

Posted

The fantastic cold loving BBC Yorkshire weatherman, Paul Hudson just went for the chance of a white Christmas on BBC Radio York.

In fact, he was heading towards the bookies to get 8 to 1.....

He said that all the models were trending towards a dramatic change, which starts on Thursday. When pushed, he said he had been following an American weather bod who has a raging north easterley for us on the 23rd December.

Nice one Paul !! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Recent autumns and winters have generally been full of cold "snaps" with snow teasers, but with nothing of any significance materialising. I can't help but "feel" that due to our lack of cold snaps this autumn and what we have had of winter so far, something "major" has been brewing (since about 1987 in fact!).

Get your Blue Peter sledge instructions out, lag those pipes and hold onto your pom poms for the Beast from the East is ready to rise from the grave :cray::cray: :lol:

Posted

Monday from the 14-17 70%-80% chance of rain lets hope the forecast is wrong and really it means snow for me we should all be under high presure by then

capturejm.png