Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion

Bottesford

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

Have you seen how strong the winds are possibly going to get , going by gme?

http://www.wzkarten....cs/Rgme1324.gif

hah

that's what i was about to ask given both netweather a metcheck showing wildly excessive wind perhaps there is scope in the models for strong easterly

winds which would give those further west greater hope of drifting snow even blizzard condition what's the current thinking with these excessive speeds from the models?

Posted

that's what i was about to ask given both netweather a metcheck showing wildly excessive wind perhaps there is scope in the models for strong easterly

winds which would give those further west greater hope of drifting snow even blizzard condition what's the current thinking with these excessive speeds from the models?

The stronger easterly winds is what we want, it's good news for the western isles, and for areas close to the East coast, modification wont be the problem with the warmer SSTS, as when you have a slack flow/track coming off the N sea, it keeps temps up and dew points.

Good news for everyone :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I cant envisage winds that strong, especially not in the west! If they were to occur then frost would be very unlikely indeed here.. it just seems a bit unlikely given the synoptic setup

Posted

The stronger easterly winds is what we want, it's good news for the western isles, and for areas close to the East coast, modification wont be the problem with the warmer SSTS, as when you have a slack flow/track coming off the N sea, it keeps temps up and dew points.

Good news for everyone :whistling:

i thought that as well its good news for all concerned if they are predicted to be strong blizzard conditions would be a significant potential for some

its just getting a accurate forecast for wind speeds locally will be the difference for some seeing snow