Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

December Snow Reports

Rob

Posted

well even Doncaster had snow today-about 1cm where I live-this makes it the 4th consecutive evening with snow lying covering more than half the ground-so I expect it will qualify at 0900 tomorrow along with I anticipate the 4th consecutive air frost-

seems quite funny to be reporting that after quite a number on the forum had' winter is over' somewhere in their posts not that long ago!

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few light snow showers this morning followed by almost 2 hours of moderate- heavy snow during mid-afternoon which added another 6.5cm. Mean depth is now 12cm, the snow is very powdery and drifts readily in the stronger gusts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Light snow flurries in Cleadon around 8:50am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

had a light snow shower to recover the roads, add to pavements etc last night. Depth about 1cm.

This morning had a snow shower, still keeping our snow cover. Looking very festive. Very Nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

A dusting on Saturday, 2cms yesterday with around an inch today with heavy snow falling between spells of light snizzle.

Posted

Had a light/moderate snow shower between 8 and 9am this morning leaving a further light covering on top of existing snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

2cm of fresh snow today.

Current snow depth on snowboards; 7cm in garden and 5cm in nearby field.

After a heavy graupel/light snow shower at 8.30 this morning we were then treated to one of the most bizzare weather types late on, this afternoon. Thick fog formed just before sunset and then on the way back from Port Glasgow at about 6.30pm there was moderate snow falling through the fog. My five year old piped up from the back of the car, "Snow and fog, SNOW AND FOG? That makes it snog". So there you go. A new cold weather type: SNOG.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

A further inch through localised snow showers overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

After a heavy graupel/light snow shower at 8.30 this morning we were then treated to one of the most bizzare weather types late on, this afternoon. Thick fog formed just before sunset and then on the way back from Port Glasgow at about 6.30pm there was moderate snow falling through the fog. My five year old piped up from the back of the car, "Snow and fog, SNOW AND FOG? That makes it snog". So there you go. A new cold weather type: SNOG.

We had snog down here in Dorset last night too!!

Posted

Moderate / heavy persistant snow now affecting Aberdeen.

North Sea Showers clumping together to give more prolonged snow. Deep and getting deeper, depthshould reach close on a foot later this morning...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Further heavy snow showers here today, leaving us with an average depth of 33cm :nonono:, it's absolutely mental!!

Posted

Had a really nasty morning here....snow between 9ish til 14:00 leading to a further 4-5 inches of snow ontop of the pile we already had, traffic has been a nightmare. Shall try get some pics later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

A couple of heavy snow showers yesterday, with just light snow in between, left about 2cm, then another heavy shower at 7.15 this morning topped it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just a few naff pics, soz couldnt edit the post above pc playing up

Great pics there, pretty much the same over the hill here, it's been a fantastic spell of snow hasn't it? and all in December too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

We were right at the southern end of the showers which gave you that lot. An extra 1cm here this afternoon, Buxton had 3-4 cm.

Posted

I spent from Friday to late Yesterday in the Eccles area of Manchester, a very light powdering had already fallen there on Thursday then on Saturday the front which passed through fell as rain which melted it away and then froze solid as black ice when the air turned cold again behind it. Several centimeters of snow then fell again overnight, followed by a couple of inches more on Sunday.

When I returned to Darwen there was already 6 inches or so on the ground, not sure how low the temperatures got here over the weekend but I'll bet it was in to double figures since I recorded a -8 in Manchester on Saturday morning, then when I returned here I found that it had frozen both the outside sink drain away pipes and my boilers condensing exhaust.

More snow has fallen here through the day which has only made the transport problems worse, they have been gritting the roads but on the higher side roads (like the one I live on) this is simply not cutting it as you cannot tell roads from pavements due to the depth, they really need to send some ploughs through.