Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

What time are we due snow in the south east corner? , not exact time tongue.gif

Very uncertain righyt now, the models now have a more pure NE wind which would favour East Anglia and Kent more then my location for example. I'd imagine Thursday is when our chances for snow really starts, the winds dobriefly veer E/ENE overnight on Thursday-Friday, thats the best chance of snow I think for this location. Sadly there is very instablity progged indeed so may not be very much snow about at all for us...

Probably best areas would be fro mthe wash down to say CS England, that looks like the zone where the most disturbances come dwon through, either side looks cold and less snowy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Rain is now turning to Sleet anywhere south of a line from Blackpool-Hull

I can assure you it isnt

Its raining here at the moment fairly moderate temperatures too at 5C

(I know what you meant you meant on high ground, I was just joking, couldn't find an appropriate smilie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Rain is now turning to Sleet anywhere south of a line from Blackpool-Hull. As daytime temps drop throughout the night I'd expect this band to turn increasingly more wintry, especially on its southern edge (to be less biased towards my location) although higher parts of the Pennines will surely see some accumulations obviously from height variations.

There was some sleet in Reading about 5 mins ago very slight. 4c at present. BBC has it as light rain 4c (which to be fair has been most of the time very light rain or just drizzle)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

"Tuesday: Dry with variable cloud in the south, but it will be cold, especially early in the morning. The cloud and rain in the north will continue, turning to snow later. Maximum temperature 3 °C."

MetO for East Anglia, so the 'north' refers to Norfolk and higher parts of Suffolk I'd imagine, not northern UK. The first mention of snow and it's just 24 hours away now :)

Posted

I can assure you it isnt

Its raining here at the moment fairly moderate temperatures too at 5C

(I know what you meant you meant on high ground, I was just joking, couldn't find an appropriate smilie

Its also the time of year when some people tell you what 'isnt happening' from their computer screens 100/200 miles away whistling.gif

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

It is ironic that the coldest air with the lowest dewpoints is in this area, but it is away from the ppn band. If it hypothetically was to come into this area it would definitely snow!

However, fine and frosty is fine for nowsmile.gif

The ECM this morning looks very good for snow for the SE from late Thurs to late Friday . A pure north easterly is fine by me!!biggrin.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Well NetW radar is showing little pink bits in the heavier precipitation just off the coast NE of Kings Lynn the rest is green indicating sleet.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

It is ironic that the coldest air with the lowest dewpoints is in this area, but it is away from the ppn band. If it hypothetically was to come into this area it would definitely snow!

However, fine and frosty is fine for nowsmile.gif

The ECM this morning looks very good for snow for the SE from late Thurs to late Friday . A pure north easterly is fine by me!!biggrin.gif

If you go on the met site they say " sunny intervals but also further showers, showers falling as sleet or snow away from coasts. "

But on the bbc site no snow is shown at all! and looks very dry across the uk all week :)

Posted

Well NetW radar is showing little pink bits in the heavier precipitation just off the coast NE of Kings Lynn the rest is green indicating sleet.

I can imagine I’m standing in a 10ft snow drift

‘The computer says no’

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Its also the time of year when some people tell you what 'isnt happening' from their computer screens 100/200 miles away whistling.gif

Exactly so get used to it! :)

Besides I thought my area was pretty well placed to be south of Blackpool, nevertheless it was a nice humorous jab.

Lets enjoy anyway!

Posted

Furthermore there's a definite pink area just about where Stansted is… this is starting to look exciting for tonight when temps drop away.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

If you go on the met site they say " sunny intervals but also further showers, showers falling as sleet or snow away from coasts. "

But on the bbc site no snow is shown at all! and looks very dry across the uk all week wallbash.gif

Neil, I said earlier on the other thread that the set-up looks quite similar to me to the Dec 05 easterly in terms of temp, thicknesses, wind direction etc. There was certainly snow on the SE coast - right on the beach. Where I lived there was in excess of 10cms just a mile or so inland!

Posted

Temps maxing out at 4-7C today, fairly cold but nothing too severe right now as you'd expect given we are in marginal air.

Looking very interesting for the northern home counties at the moment, you can see the eastern flank of the precip streaming in already on the radar and given the drier air that is present, so Cambridge for example right now would be one location that I'd expect to see some snow possibly falling, though I'm still expecting this to get a small bit more SE before we know exactly where it all falls.

For my location, should start to see a frost developing soon as the drier air continues to flood in, could be quite a harsh frost in places, though the on otherhand there maybe a lot more cloud about which may keep temps up just a touch...hard call to make right now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

What time are we due snow in the south east corner? , not exact time :)

I have visions of the Spurs v Man City game on Wednesday night being called off at half time!! :)

Mind you...none of the other visions I have come true!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Unfortunately it is rain here, and i also have an air temperature of 4C with a dew point of 3C, so cold rain basically. Dew points below 0C from London eastward at the moment and most of France well below 0C.

Posted

Raining on and off here with 2.3c must be close to sleet now, unless DP's and uppers are higher

Posted

Loving the dew point in Eastbourne today, hasn't risen above 1.0 DgC in 5.0 DgC air temps. Just for a little longer please :)

I still have quiet expectation of something Thurs/Fri but even more so at the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

3.2C and 2.4C here, and a slight drizzle. Pretty nippy in the wind.

All in all, dark, damp and cold. Lovely.rolleyes.gif

Posted

Dry air still filtering into the SE as evidenced by the colder dew points present. I'm not sure about the beebs ideas of minus temps in the SE with clear skies, looks to me like as I expected the front is a bit more SE then was expected though the 06z GFS did a good job reflecting the position.

As I said anywhere in the northern home counties has a reasonable chance tonight and into the morning hours tomorrow.

So looks like my area won't get no snow tonight nor will we get frost, just cloud it seems!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Very nice for E Anglia/Lincs!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1024.png

Yeah but that happens every year :)

It does indeed look like were in for some great cold weather.

Im assuming this is the easterly one? and the northerly is yet to come into play until early next week?

-G

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just looking East from the fifth floor of BBC Television Centre, very black clouds heading west, amazing looking sky! Getting chilly now