Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I was 5/2 in 84 so for me 87 is the big one for me and i had better elevation at the time i doubt this weekend will top it ;)

Bit of a double entendre there GG. or maybe it's just my mind! ;):cold:

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Hello everyone

I'm a new member, just signed up a minute ago. Been reading in the sidelines for months now.

Posted

OOps! sorry.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

Bit of a double entendre there GG. or maybe it's just my mind! :cold:

;) ;) no just your mind lol

Edited by glasgow-guy

Posted

Hello everyone

I'm a new member, just signed up a minute ago. Been reading in the sidelines for months now.

Hello there snow1975 and welcome. You have joined at an exciting time and I hope you are not disappointed.

Posted

Hello everyone

welcome what took you so long to sign up its great fun really but i warn you it can also be stressful :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Bit far out for warnings for us, I'm sure they'll be out in due course in full orange and red (?) glory. Ooops, was almost off on a ramp there...

I dunno, I still fancy an inch or two around here on Thursday perhaps, although 06Z was a bit better for wintry precipitation for Thursday into Friday, so still not set in stone yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

So how chilly are temps progged to be?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

wow GG i'm gobsmacked!

Posted

out of this world if verified :mellow: seriously cold

Posted

So how chilly are temps progged to be?

Anything from -5 to -20c over coming days.

-20c obviously for snow covered peaks or very high ground. -5 to -10 is possible for more populated areas.

Posted

This reminds me of a previous cold spell one winter at least maybe 20 years ago (ish) when the temps really plummeted and there were so many people affected by burst pipes etc. Can't remember the year exactly because i was away on holiday at the time and missed it all.

Maybe a trip to Winter Wonderland should be put off then if its gonna get THAT cold!

Posted

This reminds me of a previous cold spell one winter at least maybe 20 years ago (ish) when the temps really plummeted and there were so many people affected by burst pipes etc. Can't remember the year exactly because i was away on holiday at the time and missed it all.

Maybe a trip to Winter Wonderland should be put off then if its gonna get THAT cold!

are you thinking of 1987

That is mega cold :cold::cold: Wonder if it will turn out like that :D

Friday we should either confirm or downgrade it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hello everyone

Welcome to netweather snow1975... :D:D:cold::)

Posted

It was 1984! As I was telling GG much better than 87, despite his elevation! :cold:

Posted

evening fellow scots looking good for the white stuff only problem i have is its our works night out on friday in stornoway and as i live 28 miles from town i hope i dont get stranded with my kilt on any idea when snow will be moving in cheers

Posted

we seem to have been waiting on this cold weather now for what seems to be a eternity god i cant wait till Thursday :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Well, I've been a member on 'theweatheroutlook' for about a year. Looking foward to THursday/Friday, probably my best chance of a covering of snow (being well inland and quite high up). I just wish the wind direction was more easterly and stronger too....eastern England will get the worst again. Once the wind veers to the north/north-west at the weekend, I don't expect much snow. I hope the cold can hand on for the foreseeble future and make winter 09-10 a modern classic.

Jan 1984 is my favourite so far. I was only 9, but the snow must have been about 45cms deep on Sunday morning (date?).

Posted

Have just seen tonights ECM and excellent for Scotland with loads of snow. I like how the low pressure is a little further East than on the GFS which would keep the cold going longer and more snow chances for all.

Posted

Have just seen tonights ECM and excellent for Scotland with loads of snow. I like how the low pressure is a little further East than on the GFS which would keep the cold going longer and more snow chances for all.

I think in the long run we may do better than SE England but they will no doubt hog the news

I think in the long run we may do better than SE England but they will no doubt hog the news

Let's give the SE bashing a rest. After all, they may hog the news, but we will hog the snow!! :nonono:

Welcome "snow1975" :pardon: