Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

The Cold air is making it's way into the midlands rather quickly this morning , was 4 degrees at 6am it is now 1.9 in Leicester. If we can get any ppn sorted later will make it an interesting night. I'm wondering where that heavier ppn in the North sea is going to make landfall , it will make things very Interesting if it sinks into the Midlands.

yes very light sleet/snow in Reading now

Temp drop from 4c to 2c

ps very very light bits

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We still have horrid damp drizzle and generally grey and depressing weather. Temps dropping though - it is currently 2.4 with a dp of 1.6

Posted

12z rolling :)

If it shows bucket loads of snow make sure your car windows are up before it arrives :)

post-6740-12608910720919_thumb.jpg

Posted

12z looking like a bit of an improvement for thursday, lets hope it continues to upgrade things.

Posted

12z looking like a bit of an improvement for thursday, lets hope it continues to upgrade things.

12z is the first run since the GFS upgrade and so in theory should be more accurate :)

Posted

A sensational 12z GFS for the region with lots of snow opportunities over the coming days. Significant accumulations are possible on Friday if tonight's charts materialise, particularly for the eastern half. :o

Posted

I have snow forecast for my area thursday into friday - should the precip totals on the netweather forecasts be taken with a pinch of salt? I ask because it says V.light throughout the period of snowfall through the night. Wouldn't amount to much would it? :o

Posted

snow here now laugh.gifhi.giftease.gif

Iv'e Just got back in from cheltenham in the last half hour and I didn't see a flake? Certainly cold enough for it out there though.cold.gif

I hear there are reports of snow on birdlip nr stroud can anyone confirm this? if true thats a good sign for us later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

snow here now ;):cold:;)

I can tell you are bluffing ;)

All weather stations around that area are saying temp of 3-4c and dew of 2-3c so unless you are on top of a 300m tower then I would say its not snowing ;)

Posted

give me ten and i'll prove it chumpey! :cold:

Dammit batteries not charged, but it is snowing here atm, i'm not daft enough to make something like that up.

Give it half an hour and i'll get a few shots, not settleing of course.

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

give me ten and i'll prove it chumpey! :cold:

Dammit batteries not charged, but it is snowing here atm, i'm not daft enough to make something like that up.

Give it half an hour and i'll get a few shots, not settleing of course.

I didn't say you was bluffing you tart ;) I said Dogs32 was...

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very misty here tonight. No snow yet. Thought there would be more precip around right now. :lol:

Posted

I can tell you are bluffing :lol:

All weather stations around that area are saying temp of 3-4c and dew of 2-3c so unless you are on top of a 300m tower then I would say its not snowing :p

:lol:

and Birdlip as a small covering :rolleyes:

only small granules here not long ago....going to check again

EDIT....I dont care about any weather station BUT i have snow granuels here floating in the wind no joke

Edited by dogs32

Posted

It was snowing at Gaydon on the M40 J12 this evening on way home about 5PM.

Edited by xanadu

Posted

I can tell you are bluffing laugh.gif

All weather stations around that area are saying temp of 3-4c and dew of 2-3c so unless you are on top of a 300m tower then I would say its not snowing tongue.gif

Well Little Rissington bearing in mind it's 210mASL has been recording a temp of 0.4c in the last hour, so that meens Dps must be slightly lower than 2-3c now I'd say hovering around the 1c mark, which explains why birdlip probably hand snow earlier.

Give it a few hours for my area and me and dogs32 might see the 5 pence size flakes later.yahoo.gif

Posted

Bloody stopped here now i've been to the shop and got some beer to celebrate! meh! :mellow:

Never mind, will be some later hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bbc tv weather didnt look too promising, snow showers seemed to move no further west than birmingham, still think bbc and meto underplaying this, meto just say a few wintry showers thu-sat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS 12z strengthens the flow of the north easterly during the latter half of Thursday into Friday, so expect there to be some moderate or heavier snowbands making their way across the Midlands, most likely progressing further west of Birmingham. The north to north westerly airflow during the weekend will only bring more snow to out region, so there's nothing to be concerned about at this time. It will feel bitter in the raw north east wind so remember to wrap up warm my fellow Midlanders! :cold::D

I'll be trying to get some decent pics or video of this during the weekend if there are any heavier snow bands around, anything light or moderate isn't worth it.

yeah definitely huge potential sat-sun even mon through cheshire gap effect, used to get loads of snow that way in the good old winters, but of course a long way off yet

Edited by mark forster 630