Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It's been snowing lightly here for the last 30 mins but at the moment its not settling on the ground :(

good thing is though is that the heavier stuff will transfer southwards later today which is the best outcome with the temps dropping!

Posted

:cray:

If the radar is looking good tonight then i'll be doing an all nighter :(

that prediction was only if the energy gets going for yorkshire near tonight then should settle quickly and ill be doing an all nighter too :yahoo:

Posted

that prediction was only if the energy gets going for yorkshire near tonight then should settle quickly and ill be doing an all nighter too :(

The met office radar is looking much better on it's latest image with plenty of showers developing in the north sea.

Hopefully things will get interesting a bit later :yahoo:

Edited by sufc

Posted

That's a road I definitely wouldn't wish to be on during heavy snow - not nice! :D

Posted

Snowing again here :D

It's getting rather dark here mate so it should be snowing here soon too :D

The temp is still a little to high though at 4c.

Hail storm here and settling on the pavements .

Edited by sufc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Just had the heaviest shower of the day here: 90% graupel but a bit of snow. It lied on the grass but has now melted as has the partial covering on the road. It is just too warm: I guess it must be the N Sea temp that is the problem.

I am not confident now we are going to get much over the next couple of days: just wintriness in light showers I think cc_confused.gif

Posted

Just had the heaviest shower of the day here: 90% graupel but a bit of snow. It lied on the grass but has now melted as has the partial covering on the road. It is just too warm: I guess it must be the N Sea temp that is the problem.

I am not confident now we are going to get much over the next couple of days: just wintriness in light showers I think cc_confused.gif

Why so doom and gloom, we are getting 99% of our showers falling as snow, and hail!! it's not rain, and the coldest air has not kicked in yet, neither has the temps!!!!! or the precip.

Come on think before you keep posting negative posts.

Its fantastic!!

Temp drop of 2.1c in that shower!

And the wind wow! blowing things around, getting bags and all sorts blowing in from nextdoor! Highest gust hit 24mph :D

post-2644-12610495547094_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Must be it's night time LOL.

Cold and dry again here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

That's a road I definitely wouldn't wish to be on during heavy snow - not nice! :D

Agreed Brian, but I wish I was back at home now rather than at work, radar is showing some decent showers for Scapegoat Hill for the last hour or so. The traffic camera images seem to have frozen though so I can't have a look which is annoying. Anyway, here's hoping we both see some good falls over the next four or five days :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Why so doom and gloom, we are getting 99% of our showers falling as snow, and hail!! it's not rain, and the coldest air has not kicked in yet, neither has the temps!!!!! or the precip.

Come on think before you keep posting negative posts.

Its fantastic!!

Temp drop of 2.1c in that shower!

And the wind wow! blowing things around, getting bags and all sorts blowing in from nextdoor! Highest gust hit 24mph smile.gif

post-2644-12610495547094_thumb.jpg

Lewis, I've been really excited now for a week. I waited....patiently....for Monday night/Tuesday morning and....nothing just very cold rain. Then I waited for Wednesday and....again, nothing except cold rain. I then waited for last night and, guess what, cold rain and no snow on the ground when I woke up.

First of all the cold uppers were coming in Sunday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, then last night. Now it's this evening. I am not all despondent and doomy and gloomy I am just getting desperate. It just always seem to be 'jam tomorrow.' Even with the best synoptics for years, it appears to be jam tomorrow.

Promise me the snow will come otherwise I will lose all respectibility with my kids who have now been waiting all week!

Posted

Now in York and I didn't have to go far out of the village with a little slush on the ground (70m) to find a thin cover from around 110/120m. Cover dies out as you drop down Garrowby Hill onto Vale of York.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

The BBC forecasts are looking better now for our prospects for tonight - let's wait and hope! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Must be it's night time LOL.

Cold and dry again here now.

Yes, all the images for that stretch have now frozen with some old night-time images, even though the timestamps are correct. Very irritating as radar (http://www.raintoday.co.uk/) has been showing merging showers for at least an hour now for that area, (which is of course of particular interest to me even if I am at present 30 miles away in Manchester where it's sunny :D )

Posted

The BBC forecasts are looking better now for our prospects for tonight - let's wait and hope! :D

Yep, i watched it about 10 mins ago and it looked very good :D

Posted

Yep, i watched it about 10 mins ago and it looked very good :drinks:

i havnt seen it, what did it show :)? just at my gfs student house in headingly and can see snow on top of the otley hills!!!! gunna take a drive to them later and will have photos :)

nice big cloud about to come over from the east temp 2.8 dewpoint -2.4 mmmmm maybe some snow comin

hey im from NE doncaster with being near to the a1! we should do ok tonight, what you think? :)