Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

It does look very impressive down in Kent and it looks headed straight for central London.

Nothing here atm, the next shower looks like it'll just miss me to the South but looking at the radar there'll be some more direct hits.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

NORTH EAST NEWCASTLE

Can people please start putting the their location down as its good to see where the reports are coming from.

Moderate snow falling here now. I would say around 2cm down with drifting. The activity is definetely intensifying to the north. It looks like there could be showers till morning now..... :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm not even looking out here anymore, I can't take my eyes off the situation in the SE. Seems like everyone in the SE and EA is having power problems! It's crazy, going to be big news in the morning. Wish we would get something like that, maybe Monday!

Posted

Very heavy prolonged spell of snow here,roads are covered and am yet to see a snow plough.

Cannot believe what I am seeing :drinks: major blizzards here, something I have not seen for many a year, if this continues throughout the night, god knows what we'll wake up with, I'm going to enjoy this while it last's, whats everyone else seeing?

Posted

Yes,they are getting a hammering down in the southeast,lights flickering,thundersnow,roads impassable.

jammy gits!!!!:drinks:

light snow here at the moment,but quite windy.

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

Our time will come lads and lasses , don't worry. Hopefully Monday :drinks: and it will be twice as good as the south-east is getting.

Currently light snow here in Newcastle but continuous showers

Posted

I'm actually hoping Saturday will be our day than Monday as Saturday is closer. :whistling:

It must be said, that i thought Newcastle was getting hammered with snow atm judging by the clouds but apparently it's light snow and not heavy snow. Saying that, i wish i was under it than having clear skies over me.

Posted

I'm not even looking out here anymore, I can't take my eyes off the situation in the SE. Seems like everyone in the SE and EA is having power problems! It's crazy, going to be big news in the morning. Wish we would get something like that, maybe Monday!

Thing is I've got twice as much depth wise in my garden compared to what they are reporting down south, you'd think it was Armageddon :whistling:

Edited by Hagler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just checked the GFS 18z and i'm a bit confused about the snow risk on Monday, looks like very little on the GFS ppn charts, Tuesday looks like the day according to that :whistling: