Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

the showers over central areas are dying out, wouldnt expect anything worth having really, hopefully things change later on.

Posted

Some of oyu might be lucky soon , East Midlands is reporting light snow showers .

There is a band of snow showers just to the north of leicester.

Should be snowing soon in leicester.

Posted

The radar looks good. Two clusters of showers moving in off the north sea likely to affect parts of the region later:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6829/radar1120.png

Also a stream of showers running through NW England at the moment which may make it far enough south to affect parts of the West Midlands.

Basically it's all kicking off! And all this sunshine over Northants at the mo is only going to aid convection later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

OMG!! It just chucked it down with snow here haha, 10 minute shower but it came down in big juicy flakes, I took a pic with my mobile...

post-2115-12610502588451_thumb.jpg

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

The radar looks good. Two clusters of showers moving in off the north sea likely to affect parts of the region later:

http://img32.imagesh...9/radar1120.png

Also a stream of showers running through NW England at the moment which may make it far enough south to affect parts of the West Midlands.

Basically it's all kicking off! And all this sunshine over Northants at the mo is only going to aid convection later.

Did you have any snow showers this morning around 8:30 -9:00 ish.

i was in driving through cold ashby back to daventry, looked alot of cloud over northampton.

got back into kingsthorpe about 9:30 ish looked as if there had been a decent snow shower.

Posted

Did you have any snow showers this morning around 8:30 -9:00 ish.

i was in driving through cold ashby back to daventry, looked alot of cloud over northampton.

got back into kingsthorpe about 9:30 ish looked as if there had been a decent snow shower.

I didn't notice anything at that time but Pitsford Hall reported a few granular snow showers in parts of the county overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Hi Everyone! Had a few sleety/snowy/rainy/mist-come fog showers this morning here in good ol' Notts. A few flurries about here and there but no snow showers yet (like proper snow, not mix) but fingers crossed! Does anyone agree that the latest 06z has crapped out for Monday's snow? unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

clouds rollin in from NE, radar has nice juicy blob for Notts! COME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!

Posted

Latest radar (1210) is a peach. I think we could be getting in on the action VERY soon.

Looks like that big band will end up in between leicester and northants.

i'm blowing it further south ..lol

Posted

Look at the winds , GFS got it wrong , There ENE , Any showers that form now will head straight into the Midlands , 40-50mph winds here in Skegness at the Minute and golf ball size hail. I havent't seen this before .. constant large hail .. not stopping , been like it for over an hour .. Should change to Snow soon hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Look at the winds , GFS got it wrong , There ENE , Any showers that form now will head straight into the Midlands , 40-50mph winds here in Skegness at the Minute and golf ball size hail. I havent't seen this before .. constant large hail .. not stopping , been like it for over an hour .. Should change to Snow soon hopefully.

LOL it snowed here, only 10 minutes but I reckon we are going to see the same as you and you trekked out 60 miles or so to see it :drinks:

Posted

WOO-HOO!!! snow shower in Nottingham!! quite a stiff breeze to- horizontal snow. VERY DARK out. Snow is about 90% snow and a wee-bit of sleetyness. But close enough! yahoo.gif

Posted

LOL it snowed here, only 10 minutes but I reckon we are going to see the same as you and you trekked out 60 miles or so to see it laugh.gif

Looks like you've got a big band heading for you.

Posted

Looks like that big band will end up in between leicester and northants.

i'm blowing it further south ..lol

Yes I think so. SW Leics/NE Northants in line for a direct hit. Some heavy radar echoes towards Oakham.

I`m not that far from northamptonshire but i`m not expecting any snow or much snow today as its clear blue skies here, if we do get snow in the next 5 days it looks like it could just about hang around until christmas day, probably a slow thaw though in the daytime in the sunshine :drinks: