Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

LOL it snowed here, only 10 minutes but I reckon we are going to see the same as you and you trekked out 60 miles or so to see it :drinks:

Yes I got a phone call about it on the train , constant ppn here though and It is falling as snow just west of here so should change anytime. Temps been dropping and due below freezing . -2 I think . oh and it's 90 miles lol. I'll keep you updated from Skeggy bingo hall lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

OMG!!! MEGA WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SNOW LOADS NOW!!!!!

Posted

Another cluster of heavy showers towards Nottingham. Must be snowing up there now surely?

EDIT: Just seen post above! :drinks: Congrats.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Another cluster of heavy showers towards Nottingham. Must be snowing up there now surely?

EDIT: Just seen post above! laugh.gif Congrats.

Looks like it's missing us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

WOO-HOO!!! snow shower in Nottingham!! quite a stiff breeze to- horizontal snow. VERY DARK out. Snow is about 90% snow and a wee-bit of sleetyness. But close enough! yahoo.gif

Yep here too next to Notts university! Settling too!

Posted

It doesn't know quite what to do here at the moment but there are some dark looking clouds in the vicinity. I would be very surprised if we don't get a flurry here within the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Did you end up getting any of it?? it was only gor about 10 minutes, but mega wind and snow. More clouds on horizon now biggrin.gif

Posted

12.30 radar is a peach for the Midlands... What the hell am I doing in Skeggy ?? bluddy GFS sent me here lol. Arh well we suppose to have heavy snow all night here. :lol:

Posted

Looks like it's snowing in some NE parts of the county going by the latest radar. Corby et al.

Watching those showers coming out of S Lincs right now. They appear as if they are heading in our direction but looks can be deceiving. :lol:

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

Did you end up getting any of it?? it was only gor about 10 minutes, but mega wind and snow. More clouds on horizon now biggrin.gif

i'm about 60 miles south of you.

looking at the blob south of leicester.

Posted

Well thank god I got back in time.

I was in Northants (see lots of posters from there), and it was crisp and cold.

I needed to get back home for an important tender for next year, and thankfully it only just started snowing when I pulled up at home.

Appears to be more 'Snail' than anything else (mixture of snow and hail), and is settling. Ah well. Cant be bad :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Come to Mama!

post-5563-12610548535388.txt

Posted

Am I hallucinating Lancs_Northants or am I seeing a few flakes in the wind? Looks like it could be starting here in NN2.

Have you seen the bunch of showers that are heading down from wash shok.gif

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

Come to Mama!

why are these showers missing stoke-on-trent grrrrrrrr,lol!!!!!!!does anyone think we will get a chance later on????many thanks in advance

Posted

Well thank god I got back in time.

I was in Northants (see lots of posters from there), and it was crisp and cold.

I needed to get back home for an important tender for next year, and thankfully it only just started snowing when I pulled up at home.

Appears to be more 'Snail' than anything else (mixture of snow and hail), and is settling. Ah well. Cant be bad biggrin.gif

haha! thats funny you said "snail", as I always say "snain" when its rain+snow mix, havent used that term on here for fear of people being like cc_confused.gif

Posted

looks to me like those showers are moving more north to south recently once they get to roughly nottingham/leics area

Posted

Have you seen the bunch of showers that are heading down to the west of the wash shok.gif

I know! Activity has exploded around that area over the past hour or so. Going to be a very interesting afternoon I feel! :clap:

Posted

Just had a hail / snow shower here complete with a rumble of thunder at approx 13 15hrs no doubt some one else will have had it also sunshine again now !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

I know! Activity has exploded around that area over the past hour or so. Going to be a very interesting afternoon I feel! clap.gif

Mother in law at Harpole has reported large snowflakes

Posted

Round 3 looks like its heading towards Notts albeit a little bit south. Hopefully wont peter out and continue east!!! Sunshine is blazing right now!

Posted

Mother in law at Harpole has reported large snowflakes

We had a few flakes in the wind earlier just down the road from you in Moulton but the sun is shining again now. This will serve to help convection so I'm not too concerned about that right now. Heavy snow reports from Peterborough.