Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Wow, that was cool - really windy and a whiteout in minutes.

Just stopped now, hope that's not it for the day.

Posted

The weather from bbc at 130 shows snow tonight as far west as birmingham on the graphics, although she didnt speak about that at all and focused on the south-east. There obviously just covering themselves incase things are slightly further west i think.

Posted

The BBC lunchtime forecast demonstrated how much of a knife-edge situation this is for Northampton. They had a long band of snow stretching from N Norfolk through Cambs and the home counties right the way down to Oxfordshire. The edge was literally just to our south. If we miss this by a few miles I'm going to be so gutted!

They had plenty of scattered snow graphics further north but it's that main band which is going to deliver lots of snow.

Posted

Had nowt here so far, sunny and cold, to far west i suspect.

Posted

Had nowt here so far, sunny and cold, to far west i suspect.

Same here, always miss out from North Easterlies, best chance is Saturday Night though it looks a bit borderline..

It's now snowing here in mid warwickshire :lol:, very gusty wind indeed making it feel very cold, in February the snow lasted for days so hopefully we`ll equal that out of this cold spell, great start to winter and still the moaners are moaning on TWO in the SW as per usual :lol:

Posted

Snowing now in Northants. Some decent sized flakes. Blowing all over the place in the wind.

I like the look of the clouds that are out over moulton way and heading this way lol

Posted

The weather from bbc at 130 shows snow tonight as far west as birmingham on the graphics, although she didnt speak about that at all and focused on the south-east. There obviously just covering themselves incase things are slightly further west i think.

Angwin saying the same thing from the West country BUT...hinting of a possabilty of it moving more West...Bring more widespread snow....

But he's uncertain at present how far West this LP will spread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Damn it! That snow blob just went south of me! wallbash.gif

Posted

Angwin saying the same thing from the West country BUT...hinting of a possabilty of it moving more West...Bring more widespread snow....

But he's uncertain at present how far West this LP will spread

If it did it wouldnt suprise me at all, i remember last year we had chance of snow moving down from the north, 24hours before it was due it looked like we would miss it to the west, ended up missing it because it went to far east. Im not expecting anything much though over the next few days so imo things can only get better for us. The breakdown could see the most fun, albeit probably turning to rain at somepoint shortly after.

Posted

Almost blizzard conditions here in Hall Green Birmingham, just been out and roads / pavements have a covering on them and wind is swirling about :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

chucking it down in the centre of Birmingham, hope it lasts!!

Posted

Just to add thats twice ive seen whiteout mentioned. the precip charts have rarely been no more than 2-4cms of snow per hour, based on the precip charts on nw. Cant see how people are experiencing whiteouts in our region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I say whiteout - it certainly wasn't/isn't deep but it came down so fast and the wind was howling, it seemed to cover everything in seconds. It's only left on the grass now, the paths are clear. The wind was that strong, visibility was reduced to about 75 yards.

Could definitely cope with a couple of hours of that - shame it was only a brief shower, albeit a fun one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Just to add thats twice ive seen whiteout mentioned. the precip charts have rarely been no more than 2-4cms of snow per hour, based on the precip charts on nw. Cant see how people are experiencing whiteouts in our region.

Only 4cm an hour oh dear

God in 'even larger teapot' a 0.000001mm end March was the best you will get

So 4cm times 8hrs = just over a foot of snow

Perhaps base it on people seeing it whistling.gif

Posted

Had a 10-minute snow shower here with some gusty winds creating a blizzard effect squall. :) Was awesome to see!! Nice blue sky now behind the back edge with some bigger snowflakes expectedly falling just as it moves west. There has been a slight dusting from this, but should we get one of these during the evening or prolonged snow band, then my prediction of 1-2" for won't be far off.

i sincerely hope you are right. very dark here, could the snow be coming our way? :D

Posted

Snow shower in Northampton. It's not settling, so far, thankfully. I'm one of the apparent few who doesn't like the frozen form of water!

Edited by Pale Blue Sky