Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

No snow here, just frost! Got down to -2.5c last night - hopefully my all important football match this morning isn't frozen off.

Posted

Looks like snow for Warks and down through the Cotswolds later this morning - and it may just clip Evesham too :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Approx 2cm's here in Moulton Northants and still snowing blowing about in the wind

Posted

despite the fact there was no snow here overnight, im feeling a little more optimistic for the days ahead in terms of snow. for one, it looks like the temperatures will barely get above freezing here in the coming days, and saturday night looks like one to watch imho.

Posted

despite the fact there was no snow here overnight, im feeling a little more optimistic for the days ahead in terms of snow. for one, it looks like the temperatures will barely get above freezing here in the coming days, and saturday night looks like one to watch imho.

Agreed about the temperatures. When I first saw the BBC forecast for today, it showed 0c across our region - and I thought that was for 9am, not 3pm! Going to be bitterly cold, especially with the breeze.

Saturday night still looks interesting, although the Met Office don't seem to care about it.

Posted

That finger of snow seems to be heading towards coventry??? maybe we'll get something? I can actually see the bloody thing form my bedroom window now, would be a bugger if it misses :(

Posted

That finger of snow seems to be heading towards coventry??? maybe we'll get something? I can actually see the bloody thing form my bedroom window now, would be a bugger if it misses biggrin.gif

Have to admit it is moving further westwards than I expected. You should get something I would have thought, even if it is a few flakes blowing in the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Agreed about the temperatures. When I first saw the BBC forecast for today, it showed 0c across our region - and I thought that was for 9am, not 3pm! Going to be bitterly cold, especially with the breeze.

Saturday night still looks interesting, although the Met Office don't seem to care about it.

wont get much tomorrow maybe just sleet, on bbc it seems a very light fragmented band, cloudy all day as well tomorrow so temps rise, then dry for sun-tues

ukmo and ecmwf look mild, gfs 00Z good

Posted

wont get much tomorrow maybe just sleet, on bbc it seems a very light fragmented band, cloudy all day as well tomorrow so temps rise, then dry for sun-tues

ukmo and ecmwf look mild, gfs 00Z good

if the beeb is right, then the battleground snow event would occur over the midlands on tuesday, despite the fact the forecast is for dry weather. this is far from certain though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

That finger of snow seems to be heading towards coventry??? maybe we'll get something? I can actually see the bloody thing form my bedroom window now, would be a bugger if it misses biggrin.gif

Morning all , its got a hell of a lot closer if you run the radar throught the night you see how much closer it isrolleyes.gif

Posted

Just may take on the snow potential areas for today (based on main band of PPN):

S/E Warwickshire

S and S/E Leicestershire

Northamptonshire

Areas South and East of the above (only because there are too many definitions of 'Midlands')

For other areas, I would expect no more than the odd flurry at best.

I could be wrong, and it is sometimes very difficult to know where snow risks will apply, but as a rule of thumb based on movement yesterday/wind direction.

Posted

Morning all , its got a hell of a lot closer if you run the radar throught the night you see how much closer it isrolleyes.gif

I did that earlier , it is loads closer and is very slow moving , I hope it makes it to leicester as it could give a couple of hours snow. I thought more would be made of tomorrow night's snow ... it's an all snow event going by the GFS .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We have the cloud here from the band of precipitation but it seems to be dissipating right over my head :wallbash: Quite funny really!

P.S. Am in Stratford area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

So close.... but will that band just slide to my south...? Can see it going dark in the SE so we shall see...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Think it'll slide between Notts & Leics - so Loughborough watch out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I still feel we will have snow tomorrow night with perhaps a wintry mix further west. I think we could see quite a few snow showers on Sunday. Monday will be drier with the risk of battleground snow on Tuesday but thats far away really.

Posted

Yes looks like Leicester is in the firing line. No luck for Nottingham again!

Posted

Although that band is quite light, it's also very slow moving so there will be slight accumulations since it's very cold and dry.

Will it make way to brum? .....hmmmmm i'd say nay aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Oh well done Leicester - where's Andy, does he have any? Might cheer him up! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

All sounds like many have had good depths in the SE. Dont think we will manage anywhere near that over the coming days however if the battleground set up is in a position which favours us then boy would we be in for a pasting!

Edited by Blizzards