Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

snow just hit hinckley south west of leicester. Looks like i could get on the end of this stream coming in off the north sea before it pushes south. Happy days :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

My friend has snow in Rugby at the moment too.

EDIT due to my crap spelling!

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Oh well done Leicester - where's Andy, does he have any? Might cheer him up! :unsure:

YES I DO!!!!!!!!! :drinks::clap::clap:

Been following the radar for a few hours since I got up, it's been painful and I have thought a few times that it would sink South and miss Leicester but it's arrived and it's chucking it down! Everywhere is white, there was still some snow left from yesterdays shower in my area and this is adding to that and every flake is settling because it's -1 out there.

Really chuffed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its going to be close as to whether any snow from the East reaches here. It is moving W/SW quite nicely.

Posted

hey u leicester lot, stop being so stingy and blow some towards us.diablo.gif

whistling.gif

Edited by ISAAC

Posted

YES I DO!!!!!!!!! :unsure: :drinks::clap:

Been following the radar for a few hours since I got up, it's been painful and I have thought a few times that it would sink South and miss Leicester but it's arrived and it's chucking it down! Everywhere is white, there was still some snow left from yesterdays shower in my area and this is adding to that and every flake is settling because it's -1 out there.

Really chuffed.

Yay! I'm so pleased for you, I was watching the radar too and thinking you HAD to get some! Now could you blow it my way please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

YES I DO!!!!!!!!! :unsure: :drinks::clap:

Really chuffed.

Well done mate. I did tell you. You just never know. Keep positive!

Posted

Yay! I'm so pleased for you, I was watching the radar too and thinking you HAD to get some! Now could you blow it my way please?

Awww thank you :drinks:

Last night I was SOOOOOO annoyed about the Midlands missing the snow while the North and South got some decent snowfall. Then when I woke up I checked the radar and thought... Hmmmmm that band looks quite close but it might slide South of my area by about 10 miles. Well the wind must be a lot more Easterly than I thought because I thought the North East wind would have dragged it South but my area is JUST in the snow band by about 5 miles :unsure:

Stratford should defanitly see some soon I would have thought, within the next 30 mins!

Posted

It LOOKS snowy round here but looking at the radar, seems to keep fizzling out close to me!

Posted

Well done mate. I did tell you. You just never know. Keep positive!

Haha I know :unsure:

I don't think it will last long because I am on the very North of the band and it seems to be slowly slipping more Southwards now, but it's lovely to see, everywhere is white now because the ground was frozen and we now have a dusting but I don't really care for how deep it is at this moment in time. I am just happy to see a white scenery :drinks:

Posted

This is how close it is between me seeing snow and missing it...

Hmmm the editor is playing up and won't let me add the attachment in that post, i'll try it on this...

post-2115-12611309857613_thumb.jpg

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Hmmm the editor is playing up and won't let me add the attachment in that post, i'll try it on this...

Snowing in Coventry now

Posted

im going crazy here! i want snow! wallbash.gifwacko.giffool.gifwhistling.gif

If you don't get any today then tomorrow night you should see some 100%

There is a band of snow coming down from Scotland across the whole country and if you don't see any then I will actually eat my hat. I don't have a hat but i'll go out and buy one and then eat it if you haven't seen snow by Sunday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What are people's thoughts on the Cheshire Gap effect setting up for us later this weekend? :(

Posted

If you don't get any today then tomorrow night you should see some 100%

There is a band of snow coming down from Scotland across the whole country and if you don't see any then I will actually eat my hat. I don't have a hat but i'll go out and buy one and then eat it if you haven't seen snow by Sunday!

laugh.gif thanks andy! u cheered me up! btw! so pleased 4 u that u r having snow!

Posted

What are people's thoughts on the Cheshire Gap effect setting up for us later this weekend? smile.gif

sunday looks promising, even the GFS is picking it up.

Posted

laugh.gif thanks andy! u cheered me up! btw! so pleased 4 u that u r having snow!

I have to say that you West Midlands crew are more likely to see snow than I am from Sunday through to Tuesday. Because of the Cheshire gap effect and Western Areas like Wales and West Midlands should do well from it. I would be extremely surprised if you guys didn't get an inch or more from snow showers alone from Sunday through to Tuesday.

So chin up! Because it's all to play for, tomorrow night is a biggie too.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

sunday looks promising, even the GFS is picking it up.

Once it gets going it can be very good. It doesnt happen often but when it is set up, we have had precipitation virtually all day from it. Last November (2008) was a similar example-although of rain it rained nearly all day.

Posted

The band got leicester woooo hoooooo . But all precipitation is now moving back South ... Andy Leic what do you think our chances of getting anything off the yorkshire showers later this afternoon ?> Or do you think we will be to far west . ?

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

The band got leicester woooo hoooooo . But all precipitation is now moving back South ... Andy Leic what do you think our chances of getting anything off the yorkshire showers later this afternoon ?> Or do you think we will be to far west . ?

Yep it JUST got us, suns coming out now though and it's heading South :D Still, least we got a dusting from it lol. *looks at South East and sticks 2 fingers up* :D

I think we could see some of those showers that are in Yorkshire at the moment, defanitly something to keep an eye on.