Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

well a complete shock today was, really didn't expect anymore snow, been snowing heavy for an hour now which is great, there is 7-10cm which I'm really pleased with. The pictures don't really show the full extent of the snow, and for some reason my phone doesn't show the flakes that well but anyway. post-8968-12611323336723_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323421362_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323565292_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323678914_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323780152_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323961485_thumb.jpg

The table gives a good idea of the depth.

Posted

Yeh me too.

I didn't really think we would be in the firing line but things improved from yesterday teatime onwards.

Looking at the UKMO radar yeadon is in snow streamer line.....

well a complete shock today was, really didn't expect anymore snow, been snowing heavy for an hour now which is great, there is 7-10cm which I'm really pleased with. The pictures don't really show the full extent of the snow, and for some reason my phone doesn't show the flakes that well but anyway. post-8968-12611323336723_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323421362_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323565292_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323678914_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323780152_thumb.jpgpost-8968-12611323961485_thumb.jpg

The table gives a good idea of the depth.

Posted

Yeh me too.

I didn't really think we would be in the firing line but things improved from yesterday teatime onwards.

Looking at the UKMO radar yeadon is in snow streamer line.....

Use http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Anyway the radar is showing another line of showers, this time slightly further south but that won't be a problem, will be probably hit Leeds center a bit more that the last line of showers.

It's been snowing heavy in Boston for about two hours. We have about 3 inches on the ground. Traffic going into Boston from the north on the A16 is at a standstill or moving extremely slow. I mean it stops then moves forward a few feet and stops again.

According to the radar this is not going to let up any time soon.

Edited by ElizaMez

Posted

I'm in pontefract.. just south of leeds.. we got about an inch over night and had 2 light flurries this morning.. but the band of precip just keeps floating over york.. leeds.. hudersfield.. they keep saying the winds are gunna head south?? anybody have any faith in that?? would like to put a time on it?? am still hopefull for a top up of snow to make Mad Friday pub run a bit more entertainin..

edit: very light showers off and on but nothing showing on radar..

Posted

Use http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Anyway the radar is showing another line of showers, this time slightly further south but that won't be a problem, will be probably hit Leeds center a bit more that the last line of showers.

cheers looks good !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

I cant belive its snowing again. The line of snow its lying just to my north and theres clear skies above and its snowing. Looks very pretty ^^

Posted

Battering it down it looks like everything is moving south now finally -whiteout get in !

hehe i hope so!! will deffo stick more with it being a tad warmer!

Posted

I think one more hour of prolonged snow looks likely, then after that clear skies.

Posted

Battering it down it looks like everything is moving south now finally -whiteout get in !

Were in Hull are you? Nothing in Anlaby.... :)

Posted

Pics for you soon, absolutely battering it down here in hull! whiteout, big lovely flakes, perfect for snow, im glad it came now, as the dews and temps are close, lovely saturation and bigger flakes, closer the dew and temp is together, the heavier the snow.

Pics on way,

And it all started as i won 80 quid in bookmakers on the way back from walking dog this morning, must be my lucky day :)?

GET IN!!!!

Posted

This is incredible stuff - it just keeps on snowing and snowing. There's a good few inches out there now biggrin.gif

Hopefully thats what i'll be getting soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

its snowing lightly still at the moment but the clouds appear to be edging ever so slowly south.

Posted

Pics for you soon, absolutely battering it down here in hull! whiteout, big lovely flakes, perfect for snow, im glad it came now, as the dews and temps are close, lovely saturation and bigger flakes, closer the dew and temp is together, the heavier the snow.

Pics on way,

And it all started as i won 80 quid in bookmakers on the way back from walking dog this morning, must be my lucky day :D?

GET IN!!!!

what you think for later today? all those heavy showers are starting to move south quite a bit now!

Posted

Hopefully thats what i'll be getting soon.

Hope you do :D

I thought that it looked promising for this-morning, but I didn't expect anything like this.

I think the camera is going to be working overtime :D

Anyone want to post some pics of the snow?

If you'll bear with me, I'll see if I can take a couple of shots :)

Posted

the showers are moving southwards now out to the north sea! hopfully we will see something today :D