Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Trust me, it doesn't rain here when it 'could' snow.

-8 last night James, -13 in topcliffe north yorks last night....Impressive, V cold week coming up :cold: ....well until Christmas at least.

Didn't realize you had elevation.

You'll be fine.

Enjoy it

Posted

Overcast here with a temp of -0.5c.

Can't say I'm worried about the PPN been rain, I think it will be Snow to start of with, a bit of sleet on Lower ground but that will soon turn to snow.

Look like the snow could be falling into Sunday (1am). http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Edited by 10123

Posted

Overcast here with a temp of -0.5c.

Can't say I'm worried about the PPN been rain, I think it will be Snow to start of with, a but of sleet on Lower ground but that will soon turn to snow.

Yeah, that's how I see it - nothing to worry about IMHO

Posted

Reports from the North-East thread on lower ground suggest a short spell of rain (around 5-10 mins or so) followed by a rapid turning to sleet and snow.

This should happen more quickly as the front moves south and the colder air from the North gradually catches up closing the 'wedge' of milder air. On another positive note aswell, several hours of cooling first here and the front appears to be widening up.

Posted

well met office are confident with 5cm everywhere now so thats good news id say! think they were cautious with doing the right thing waiting till now!

going to be a good night this :( :(

0.1c with a dew -2.4c :o

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted

Is West Yorkshire going to get snow this evening and tonight?

Use the resources you have, before asking questions.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

http://news.bbc.co.u.../forecast/10209

http://www.netweathe...ction=nwdc;sess=

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Gap forming on the front and I can guess where that gap will track. Striaght across here. Dew point stopped rising still having the odd snow flurry as well.

Posted

Reports from the North-East thread on lower ground suggest a short spell of rain (around 5-10 mins or so) followed by a rapid turning to sleet and snow.

This should happen more quickly as the front moves south and the colder air from the North gradually catches up closing the 'wedge' of milder air. On another positive note aswell, several hours of cooling first here and the front appears to be widening up.

Thats what i was thinking, when looking at the Meto radar the PPN has been over Edingbrough since 1:30Pm, the band is moving south while at the same time increasing in width.

Posted

some of you, unwilling or unable to try the will it snow may like to go to my web site

www.johnholmes-weather.co.uk

go to forecasts, couple of charts, scroll down to the bottom for my voice over for this area-applicable to many low lying areas in my view for Yorks-Lincs, also mentions higher amounts for higher ground.

Posted

some of you, unwilling or unable to try the will it snow may like to go to my web site

www.johnholmes-weather.co.uk

go to forecasts, couple of charts, scroll down to the bottom for my voice over for this area-applicable to many low lying areas in my view for Yorks-Lincs, also mentions higher amounts for higher ground.

cheers john! would 50m asl help a bit?

Posted

Temps in Newcastle are hovering around 0.5c and its hammering down with snow and laying.

Posted

Gap forming on the front and I can guess where that gap will track. Striaght across here. Dew point stopped rising still having the odd snow flurry as well.

Yep PIT, looks that way ... been looking at the ppn charts for the last day or so and it has consistently shown the band weakening considerably down the spine of the country, leaving us with only a short period of lightish snow. This has been my biggest concern, was always confident everything else was conducive to snow for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

well met office are confident with 5cm everywhere now so thats good news id say! think they were cautious with doing the right thing waiting till now!

going to be a good night this :) :)

0.1c with a dew -2.4c :)

Another 5cm wow.. thats is great! We already have over 5cm thats will be a nice bonus. Can't imagine there would be any rain in that band; GFS forescast says its already -4c here.

Posted

post-1104-12612408455058_thumb.jpg

Might be pointless comparing it to this but this was easters event so the west still might get a good 4cm or more! just dont know really :)