Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I don't think the line of showers are moving south, looking at the radar its just the southern extent of the showers have gained intensity, and the North Western edge of the showers have lost intensity. Maybe thats why people are thinking the showers are moving south.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Snowing again.yahoo.gif

Watch these showers, could well give a good few inches. post-8968-12611346543217_thumb.jpg

Edited by 10123

Posted

Couple of pics from snowy Hull :lol:

GFS 06z is a huge upgrade for us for today and tonight :)!!!

Lewis

Morning mate. Im not expecting anything today but later tomorrow is looking rather interesting.

Posted

I don't think the line of showers are moving south, looking at the radar its just the southern extent of the showers have gained intensity, and the North Western edge of the showers have lost intensity. Maybe thats why people are thinking the showers are moving south.

I have been walking the dog for over an hour, and i could clearly see the shift of the clouds and the wind changed direction, them showers will certainly start moving south shortly and they should be some more homegrown and showers pushing off the N sea.

Convection is good from the word go this morning, some nice towers about;

post-2644-12611349954734_thumb.jpg

post-2644-12611350024027_thumb.jpg

Posted

Whats on the cards then Lewis as I'm at work and not had chance to crawl through any charts any chance of a quick overview for the weekend ? :p

Convection already kicking off and now the showers should now have a more southerly shift too them, showers will push in off the N sea, and it looks as if tonight we could see some clipping us too :D

Looking very good indeed,

Shame Saturday night is not looking great, 2 runs and now and the gfs is showing +2 dews in our area before the precip hits and as the lightest precip hits, when its more or less half way through us we get into -2 dews, but tomorrow is all about the timing of the precipitation.

Lewis

Posted

well the PPN has died out in the space of a few minutes, the showers i was talking about are still there and are moving colser to Leeds, but still far away, time will tell.

Posted

the showers are moving southwards now out to the north sea! hopfully we will see something today :D

Yep the last few images show them clearly moving more southwards.Lets hope we get a direct hit :p

Posted

Yep the last few images show them clearly moving more southwards.Lets hope we get a direct hit :p

could be a few suprises here and the humber :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

For the first time this cold spell it's

truly snowing here. Quite heavily, but the

sky isn't dark really.

Not quite a covering , but nearly.

BL :)

Posted

well the PPN has died out in the space of a few minutes, the showers i was talking about are still there and are moving colser to Leeds, but still far away, time will tell.

Thats because the wind has died back to coastal areas and the showers are moving more S with the flow.

That'll probably be it for your area until tomorrow now.

Lewis

Posted

Snow falling very heavily again. I've got a few jobs to do, so I'm disappearing for a little while

Catch you all later :)

Catch you later mate.

Posted

Thats because the wind has died back to coastal areas and the showers are moving more S with the flow.

That'll probably be it for your area until tomorrow now.

Lewis

but for some reason they are making it sw direction from scarborough to here now?

Posted

but for some reason they are making it sw direction from scarborough to here now?

They was already pushing inland as the wind died back :)

So you'll see a gradual decrease in intensification and movement WSW.

Lewis

Posted

A bitterly cold minus -2.4c here, on and off snow flurries as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

I think that, as the LP pulls away southeastwards during today, the showers are going to steadily die away back towards the coast, so the further inland you are, the less and less you will see in terms of intense showers, even as the wind veers more northerly. It's already happening, not much of any intensity getting west of the A1 now, and expect that trend to continue for the rest of today.

Posted

I think that, as the LP pulls away southeastwards during today, the showers are going to steadily die away back towards the coast, so the further inland you are, the less and less you will see in terms of intense showers, even as the wind veers more northerly. It's already happening, not much of any intensity getting west of the A1 now, and expect that trend to continue for the rest of today.

Spot on, areas East of sprunehorpe northwards should be ifne, anywhere further inland are unlikely to see any snow.

Lewis