Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snowing in Hythe too, moderately. As for the 8 inches over the hills...I think not as the stuff leaving the dutch coast is now following a more southerly track rather than NE. The channel fisherman will get plastered methinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Love a good old Thunderstorm.

So whats the odds this BLANKET of snow the BBC are on about tomorrow night/Sunday morning will give us a large amount of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Snowing in Hythe too, moderately. As for the 8 inches over the hills...I think not as the stuff leaving the dutch coast is now following a more southerly track rather than NE. The channel fisherman will get plastered methinks.

I have to disagree there. The wind is now tending NE and air currently streaming off the interior of Scandinavia is hurtling over the warm north sea - check out the sattelite animations. The 18z GFS shows a streamer moving on-shore to east Kent in around 5/6 am tomorrow and staying there til 2pm ish tomorrow IF this does transpire 20cms will be readily attainable on hills around here. But, at the moment, the most recent shower has cleared and the layer awaits a top up.....Im off to bed and hope to wake to a deeper layer than the cm or so at present.

Posted

So whats the odds this BLANKET of snow the BBC are on about tomorrow night/Sunday morning will give us a large amount of snow.

Could be another 10cm :)

Posted

Could be another 10cm :)

Happy days, Thank you

Posted

I have to disagree there. The wind is now tending NE and air currently streaming off the interior of Scandinavia is hurtling over the warm north sea - check out the sattelite animations. The 18z GFS shows a streamer moving on-shore to east Kent in around 5/6 am tomorrow and staying there til 2pm ish tomorrow IF this does transpire 20cms will be readily attainable on hills around here. But, at the moment, the most recent shower has cleared and the layer awaits a top up.....Im off to bed and hope to wake to a deeper layer than the cm or so at present.

It will miss thanet then! :):)

Posted

eased off in Dover about 15 minutes ago... everything has a covering but you can still see the grass showing through... "B- must try harder!"

This snow set to arrive before dawn Sunday could cause travel chaos... I'm supposed to be heading up to Yorkshire by train leaving Folkestone 7am ish Sunday Morning... I want it to snow though for sure!

Edited by Updraft

Posted

Could be another 10cm smile.gif

LOL .are you sure?

By the time this front heads down from the North it will be dying a death by the time it hits the midlands.

so how its going to give another 10cm in the south is beyond me.

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

I made the right choice staying in Surrey last night. Had a nice covering this morning which had a slight thaw today. Decided to head back into town tonight to my other half's house and there is nothing here. A few ice patches and the odd snow bit but generally it's as it was. I feel like I travelled to another world.

From what I could tell on the train, the snow pretty much vanished just north of East Croydon station.

I'm now wondering if I should head back to Surrey tomorrow night to catch the possible action?

Posted

Here's a few pics today from my home and Virgina Water. Had moderate to heavy snow from about 9.30 last night through to about 3.30 this morning. However, I think that accumulations would have been greater had the winds been lighter.

post-6344-12611800325258_thumb.jpgpost-6344-12611800980458_thumb.jpgpost-6344-12611798893358_thumb.jpgpost-6344-12611799467058_thumb.jpg

Posted

LOL .are you sure?

By the time this front heads down from the North it will be dying a death by the time it hits the midlands.

You have ruined my expectations. :) So I should hope for just a dusting?

Posted

You have ruined my expectations. sad.gif So I should hope for just a dusting?

Put it this way, you will be not getting anything in the region of 10cm.

Maybe flurries.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

You have ruined my expectations. :) So I should hope for just a dusting?

There is a chance that it may intensify on the eastern egde, all still up in the air as yet tho.

Posted

WI

I've looked at current radars and there projections and I can't see it, UNLESS wind changes again. Winds as far as I see are North of NE at best and that will only work against us. You've only got to see what heavy stuff that has gone down the channel. I'd LOVE to be proved otherwise come tomorrow morning!!

Posted

LOL .are you sure?

It all comes down to three simple words which we've seen a lot of and happens to be the name of one of our members:

North Sea Convection

SK (the SK does not count as the three words before the smart-asses amongst you point it out :))

Posted

TBH, would be nice just to get some more. Seeing my kids faces (5 and 3) when it snows is great. The wife thinks im worse. (probably am)

Edited by Squigglytay

Posted

Im not sure if its Snow related on the French/English power side, but Eurostar trains have been stuck in the Tunnel tonight. Apparently with a 4-hour knock on delay. Eurostar now expects most (if not all) of tomorrows services to either be cancelled or severely disrupted.

Posted

Put it this way, you will be not getting anything in the region of 10cm.

Maybe flurries.

Dying a death???

No it won't, there is plenty of forcing still left in the system, good cross-consensus of the system remaining pretty active right the way through its journey southwards, I'd think 10cms will be far closer to the truth then flurries put it that way!

GFS is a little weaker with it then the UKMO in our region but even then its still active (no doubt you've looked at the 18z GFS in total isolation and came to the above conclusion!) and most of the ensembles show no weakening at all in the front...

Saying all that, I think for our region generally 2-5cms is more realisitic total, the front may decay a little but should still be fairly active.

ps, 18z is the driest run for Saturday out of the entire ensembles...

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Dont tell me I am now going to be to far west to see any thing from this lot!!!! :):) ANYONE??

Posted

Hey all

I was just hoping somebody could shed some light on tonight, and more importantly the event on Sat night / Sun morning

around the NW Kent area

Will the snow spreading from he north on Saturday night fade by the time it reaches the South East?

Also what is the story tonight? is there any snow forecast It seems that showers are pepping up now in the North Sea. The wind has swang to a NE direction could this swing a little more to pull these showers inland a little more

Thanks all