Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm going to go to bed now and get up early, not much happening and if that precip picks up late tonight/tomorrow as someone pointed out then I'll see if that comes off, fingers crossed. :) Night all happy chart watching. :)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Well so much for that 20cm LoL as expected

So i'll say goodnight , if you get any snowfall over night well done

Night all , may tomorrow night give us all a good fall :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Love a good old Thunderstorm.

Night all, thank you for your replies. I will tell the kids they will just have to wait and see.

Posted

I'm off too, as my dear old dad says "What will be, will be!!!!(always got my goat growing up) :):)

Posted

Dying a death???

No it won't, there is plenty of forcing still left in the system, good cross-consensus of the system remaining pretty active right the way through its journey southwards, I'd think 10cms will be far closer to the truth then flurries put it that way!

GFS is a little weaker with it then the UKMO in our region but even then its still active (no doubt you've looked at the 18z GFS in total isolation and came to the above conclusion!) and most of the ensembles show no weakening at all in the front...

Saying all that, I think for our region generally 2-5cms is more realisitic total, the front may decay a little but should still be fairly active.

ps, 18z is the driest run for Saturday out of the entire ensembles...

well I'm going from examples from recent northerlies Northants never does well in a northerly. the front always dies a death over this region. so, how it can intense when it leaves this region and heads south leaves me mystified.

wishful thinking on your behalf?

Posted

LOL .are you sure?

By the time this front heads down from the North it will be dying a death by the time it hits the midlands.

so how its going to give another 10cm in the south is beyond me.

Well lets see but its not dying out according to the BBC maps I just watched on TV

Who knows though

Posted

Well lets see but its not dying out according to the BBC maps I just watched on TV

Who knows though

Thats fair enough.

But you will not be seeing 10cm from that front.

Posted

3 eurostar trains stuck in tunnels coming into london due to weather. Crazy

Posted

well I'm going from examples from recent northerlies Northants never does well in a northerly. the front always dies a death over this region. so, how it can intense when it leaves this region and heads south leaves me mystified.

wishful thinking on your behalf?

Well my area has had several decent northerly frontal snowfalls, your location just must be somewhat unlucky I suppose.

Hardly wishful thinking, I'm just using what the models are showing me...what I will say is I will be somewhat surprised if we get 10cms, whilst it is possible I'm not sure the front will be quite that potent, and yes it may even weaken a touch on the way down but its not going to be dying, a dying front is one that fragments, the models all have a quite steady decent band of snow coming down...

Of course it could yet all change, the 18z may be right with the idea of a slightly weaker band, or indeed it may be utterly wrong but I'm pretty confident to use your phrase, dying a death won't be happening.

I just looked at the raw UKMO data, I'd say for the SE something between 3-5cms looks far more likely. There is some weakening but that is to be expected as forcing transfers to the low pressure developing in the North Sea, its a fluid set-up however it has to be said and things could alter depending on that low.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well so much for that 20cm LoL as expected

So i'll say goodnight , if you get any snowfall over night well done

Night all , may tomorrow night give us all a good fall :)

So unlucky to see all that lovely snow moving just off the coast there in East Kent, I would be a sick as a parrot if I was down your way. Never know though, there must be a reason for the Met Office warnings, ermmmm? :drinks:

GFS cerainly shows snow tonight though. Also the Met Office have warnings for Thurrock which is only about 5 miles away from here across the Thames, but cant see anything getting this far West.

Northern half of East Anglia should do well though.

Dont worry about tomorrow night folks, there should still be a good amount of PPN around, think someone wants to wind us up, has Bolton been snow starved I wonder? :)

Snowray

A very slight dusting pm here, not enough really to cover the original snow - it seems our best bet to get some more is tomorrow night. Clear skies and and between -3 & -4C here at the moment. Bit concerned that some rotten people are trying to get warmer air in for Christmas - I'd rather keep it as it is, or if anything a degree or two colder with the odd 5cms or so every couple of days to keep it looking pristine.

Posted

ALL Eurostar services now cancelled in/out of the Tunnel due to the Snow. Eurostar has stopped Online Ticketing Services as they say every Saturday service is now Cancelled. Still some 7 Passenger trains within the Tunnel itself that are stranded, but have electric and heating and are expected to *slowly* get out the Tunnel by the morning.

Posted

Few flakes blowing in the wind at the moment. My location is crap in this set-up as the showers die over Suffolk.

Tomorrow night looks rather interesting I see, snow for all in our patch. Excellent.

Edited by Ocean Transit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Ive woken up and dont think I will get back off to sleep now. This is no exagerration - Theres more snow in my back garden than my front garden because, by the look of the radar, my house has literally been on the edge of the streamer for the last 3 hours, :D with wafts of snow brushing over the edge every now and again. I imagine that areas to my east (there arent many, but St Margaret at Cliffe, for example )may well have in excess of 10 cms. Here theres 2 cm maybe.Still some chance for more, but Im not that hopeful.

The sky to my east has an ominous orange glow, indicating that it is chucking it down. To my west, towards Folkestone, the sky is black. There seems to be another waft of snow over the edge here - here we go into the orange glow...

Edited by Whether Idle

Posted

Complete whiteout, heavy heavy snow, now in streamer. Layer growing rapidly :D:):D:):clap::clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Complete whiteout, heavy heavy snow, now in streamer. Layer growing rapidly :):D:):clap: :clap: :D

That's the best feeling for a snow lover eh idle? Good on ya!!! :)

Posted

Snowing here in Dover... road is covered but patchy and the grass is slowly dissapearing, and loking at the radar more is on the way! WOOO!

Posted

That's the best feeling for a snow lover eh idle? Good on ya!!! :D

Its been a long 48 hours but this is worth it :)

Posted

Just started snowing again in the past few minutes.

Looking at the radar for the past few hours I agree with some of the previous posters that we have been on the edge of the streamer, perhaps something has changed to blow it back in.

Posted

Hopefully the snow heading our way for tonight will intensify... plus I'm hoping is does fall as snow because theBBC think it's not going to... at least not in East Kent :S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

yeeeeeee haaaaaaaarrrr just woke to the best thing ever its a white out!!!!!!!!! bad thing i need to get to ramsgate to get my wisdom teeth pulled :D

Posted

Whiteout in Deal... cool, thats probably heading here :D

You take care out there wchris!

Edited by Updraft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

yeeeeeee haaaaaaaarrrr just woke to the best thing ever its a white out!!!!!!!!! bad thing i need to get to ramsgate to get my wisdom teeth pulled :)

I think the snow's a good reason to put that extraction off chris..... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Whiteout in Deal... cool, thats probably heading here smile.gif

You take care out there wchris!

pritty amazing we never really get lying snow here i normally have to go to whitfield and folkstone to have abit of fun.

anyone in the ramsgate area could tell me how much snow about?? cheers

I think the snow's a good reason to put that extraction off chris..... good.gif

haha i would normally but ive already paid :D