Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Morning all smile.gif a cold journey into work this morning, it actually got colder on the train the closer i got into C London. mind you, it would have helped if the heating was on in the train nonono.gif

no more snow in SE London overnight, but very hard frost and laying snow frozen hard. the forecasted snow over saturday night/sunday morning may cause travel problems tomorrow morning

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

still comming down YEAH BABY!!

Posted

looks like you got the deal streamer haha, were getting nothing either side of you, im only at betteshanger

Edited by finny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

how much do you have laying?

For the SE, I wouldn't expect any more than 5cm tonight. The front, although maybe potent, will move through quite quickly.

hi just been out and had a play as you do lol there has to be 2inchs or more.

Posted

how much do you have laying?

For the SE, I wouldn't expect any more than 5cm tonight. The front, although maybe potent, will move through quite quickly.

the band will pass through for about 2-3 hours overnight so possible 5-10 cms i would have thought. :nonono:

Posted

Nothing more here since last night either, looks like lucky Deal got the lot! So do you really think we'll get anything from the front tonight? I got the idea it might fizzle before it got here

Posted

Just thought I would mention that in the far NW of this region -9C is currently being reported!

Posted

Nothing more here since last night either, looks like lucky Deal got the lot! So do you really think we'll get anything from the front tonight? I got the idea it might fizzle before it got here

the front is due to pass southwards early hours Sat/Sun and is hitting the cold SE air. so i would reckon there is a good chance we will see some more laying snow on sunday morning. :)

the snow risk maps have been pretty accurate on NW

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=snow;sess=

Just thought I would mention that in the far NW of this region -9C is currently being reported!

felt like that on the train into work this morning TEITS :nonono:

Posted

Was it a deal or a no deal?

Absolutely a DEAL!!!!!! I am considering waking the kids up . . . even though they REALLY need the sleep!! Still snowing moderately here - 8cm lying snow and the radar looks great for a good few more hours.

Like my town friend above, Deal often misses out so if it's a Deal steamer . . . about time!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Coming down heavy again - oh yeah, :nonono: and in this part of town - near the sea - it hasnt stopped for 3 hours :)

Posted

Perhaps you should blast out the deal or no deal theme music?

Anyway looking interesting tonight with the band of snow moving southwards so MORE is expected. I do try and watch the forecast for southern region but it is terrible, out of sync and someone from somewhere from a very far eastern country reporting it's going to feel like the arctic because the wind will be originating from the arctic.

Oh please give me strength.

Edited by Optimus Prime

Posted

my postman mate said the vans are stuck and the deliveries cancelled, im 2 miles away inland and nothing, its going from deal along to dover just along the coast,

Posted

Absolutely a DEAL!!!!!! I am considering waking the kids up . . . even though they REALLY need the sleep!! Still snowing moderately here - 8cm lying snow and the radar looks great for a good few more hours.

Like my town friend above, Deal often misses out so if it's a Deal steamer . . . about time!!

Where in Deal are you OP? Got about an inch up at the top of Mill Hill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Pleased for you Nate - weve got 5cms at sea level here, a bit more up at the castle, but no more than you! Well done :nonono:

Edit - "puking" down now, OMG!!

Edited by Whether Idle

Posted

just went outside to see how deep it was and clear our front path... may as well say there's just over an inch in Dover :)