Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

I think that the fragmenting may only be temporary,if you look at the 1600 and the 1630 frames on the meto radar it seems to join up again and get a bit thicker or am i just hoping it has?

Posted

As I have said before, they are paranoid about being caught out. They would have made their minds up earlier today to gradually put the warnings out as the front heads South despite the obvious breaking up of the feature. How many people in N Wales will not go out tonight because of this only to wake up in the morning to wonder what the fuss was about ?

GFS still showing more snow into north Wales.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_12_UTC/12_30.gif

It looks to of broken up into 2 bands to me,anything could happen yet as the cold air catches up.

It`s along while to midnight hers me hoping. :)

The cheshire gap will just be for tonight really,then it`s more of a westerly I agree.

Troughs are coming in on the fax now and looking windy,I want that snowcover for drifting mainly as a west wind it doesn`t happen these days 90`s last time.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/brack0.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Shaun sometimes people call me by my Surname... Can I call you... WIILLLLMMEERRR!!! As what Fred says to Wilma in the Flinstones? biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHAHAH , funny , im use to it iv had all my life lol , but its wilmer not wilma ! Its actually all im known as in my town not a lot of ppl actually no my 1st name lol

Posted

I think that the fragmenting may only be temporary,if you look at the 1600 and the 1630 frames on the meto radar it seems to join up again and get a bit thicker or am i just hoping it has?

no u r not whitestuff! i see it too! drunk.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

If you look on the Netweather radar the bit coming over West Midlands is crap. Compare it to what the North East is getting... They are getting pasted, we are in for about 1cm at best and then it will steam through in about an hour. I knew it was going to be a garbage event anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Anyone else remember it?

Sorry Andy, missed this post. Yes I do remember it, that was the worst cock-up and biggest disappointment since I have been interested in the weather. I was so sure that I was going to get a snow day, but they got it so badly wrong at such short notice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Radar doesnt look good for us but could easily intensify. Local paper says Heavy snow tonight and occasional showers tomorrow with occasional white out conditions possible! :):)

Posted

I hate the North East and South East, right now the North East are getting pasted and the Western side of the band that is hitting the Midlands later is much weaker and the South East got loads a few days ago. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I hate the North East and South East, right now the North East are getting pasted and the Western side of the band that is hitting the Midlands later is much weaker and the South East got loads a few days ago. wallbash.gif

And no doubt if I do study in Reading all the snow in the south east will be transferred to the Midlands :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

If you look on the Netweather radar the bit coming over West Midlands is crap. Compare it to what the North East is getting... They are getting pasted, we are in for about 1cm at best and then it will steam through in about an hour. I knew it was going to be a garbage event anyway.

You have to get more that 1cm because if you don't, being next in line we won't get any at all.

Posted

If you want a good animated satellite picture of what's happening try this:

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

BTW someone posted this METO warning page:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

Don't worry, this is showing a flash warning and will update - I'm reasonably confident that the orange area will include the Midlands within a few hours.

Edited by I remember '63

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

You have to get more that 1cm because if you don't, being next in line we won't get any at all.

oops refreshed page and this sent again

Edited by chapmanraven

Posted

Whats pi**ing me off is that the band seems to be moving in a ESE motion rather than SSE. I don't get that, I thought the cold front was moving straight down across the country not in an ESE movement. Did you say they put a warning out in North Wales? What the heck for? It's not even cold enough there lol XC weather shows most stations in North Wales reporting 3c temp and 2c dew.

Andy, the cold front (as the BBC stated in there forecast) was to take a slightly more ESE track rather than a SSE as the cold front made progress from the north ......

And yes 'Whitestuff' the fragmentation is temporary on the west side of the front, West Midlands will see something from this but not as much as some of the eastern county's. <_<:D

(That's if it is snow that falls)

Posted

And no doubt if I do study in Reading all the snow in the south east will be transferred to the Midlands <_<

I joked last night that it was splitting before it got to Cannock and it looks like I could give Derek Acorah a run for his money after that prediction :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Temp still rising here - now 0.6 and dp -1.4 which is interesting. I think the showers might slip either side of me anyway! Andy - think you'll do ok in Leics though? I imagine the Northants people will get some on top of their snow too. It's certainly colder to the east of the county.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

We had a few light flurries around 2:30pm earlier too. <_<

Posted

Temp still rising here - now 0.6 and dp -1.4 which is interesting. I think the showers might slip either side of me anyway! Andy - think you'll do ok in Leics though? I imagine the Northants people will get some on top of their snow too. It's certainly colder to the east of the county.

I'm sure your weather station is a bit faulty <_< It's -0.9 here with a dew of -3.3 surely it cant be that much warmer in Stratford??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

It's the area of precipitation over northern Ireland that you have to keep your eyes on this will give snow to many places in western UK and midlands later tonight and early tomorrow. Glass nearly full here.

Posted

I think it's clear that the further east the better. However, it's not all over for us westerners. Take a look..........

http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=165&y=204

It's going to hit us westerners, just not as bad as we want

We all know that the SE gets the best

I think that stuff will track down the Irish sea rather than come here

Posted

I don't think so Andy - take a look at the temps on here:

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/GB/observations

You are right actually :) Still, I really don't see the temperature being a problem for you in this, just a case of how much PPN there is. I do think Western parts of the West Midlands may have a problem, temps look very borderline there and so the dew points.