Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 3

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

i'm going to be pessimistic for my area and say lots of decent sleet, but good for most others!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

raining fairly heavily now so we are well and truly in the milder air even though it's just 2.2C dewpoint is 1C

Posted

15- 20cm maybe more for my are i think. People in other threads are saying the band of ppn is increasing in size as it heads south so it could be a good few hours of white gold.

With your location and altitude, that might not be that far out!

i'm going to be pessimistic for my area and say lots of decent sleet, but good for most others!

Looks good for you tomorrow though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Temp 0c here with a DP -1C

Snow?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Looks good for you tomorrow though!

Hope so SC! Latest BBC news 24 still good for coastal areas. Past experience always makes me think the glass is half empty though! I'm at a work do in Preston tonight, so it could be interesting being further inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I'm hoping the temp rise stops soon, upto -1.1°C, it's going to ruin my ice day lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

-0.3 here and has started snowing moderately here now ... let the good times roll !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

-0.3 here and has started snowing moderately here now ... let the good times roll !

Should be with me in two mins then!

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

Heavy rain shower just passed through-I reckon this may fall as snow in Wigan, St Helens area-still +2 here

Where abouts are you? Very light here right now - I'm about 4 miles west of Wigan.

Posted

Round about zero here, and yes, another snow flurry - had a few this afternoon whilst out and about, and now I'm settling myself in for an interesting night ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It may not be as cut and dry as I first thought here, temperature is dropping 2.1C now and dewpoint appears to be dropping, we may have a chance afterall..

Posted

My area Temp 1.5C

Dewpoint 0.6C

If you want marginal at best those are the temps for it (however i am expecting another cold night ahead when darkness falls).

It's hard to call what I think will happen in my region, whilst the liverpool coast line and wirral have seen heavy rain, here inland we have seen nothing, heavy dark clouds and stuff and the occasional flurry but thats about it. It's also been noticeably colder here too by at least a degree and a half.

I would hope to see at least 1CM out of tonight realistically if that undercutting arrives. Tomorrow could be a very interesting day, because I can only remember 2004 ish being similar to this back on Christmas day when we had a white christmas. This time it's looking a whole lot healthier than 2004 which lasted only a couple hours. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow afternoon brings..not putting a total I think we'll see only because we have been so disappointed previously.

EDIT: now clear skies again..hopefully this will signal colder temps arriving.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

We had a heavy snow shower at mid day now temps are C it very Grey with Little wind . Looking to the north its a very black sky.

Posted

Getting quite heavy here now! :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

It may not be as cut and dry as I first thought here, temperature is dropping 2.1C now and dewpoint appears to be dropping, we may have a chance afterall..

I did try to stress that this would be the case a few times over the past few days :crazy: .. good luck mate !

Posted

Just starting to snow here - only light at the moment.

Looking ahead, what are your thoughts on the showers forecast for tomorrow. My only concern is that they will slip through the Cheshire Gap and miss completely- which has happened before for my area, while other parts get really heavy snow.

Posted

We've had a shower of moderate snow, looking at the rainfall radar it was just a one off and not the main band. If the main band is the same we will have loads by morning.

Shadowfax

Posted

Just starting to snow here - only light at the moment.

Looking ahead, what are your thoughts on the showers forecast for tomorrow. My only concern is that they will slip through the Cheshire Gap and miss completely- which has happened before for my area, while other parts get really heavy snow.

My thoughts are still pretty much what i suggested in this previous post yesterday.> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/58821-north-west-england-cold-spell-discussion-2/page__view__findpost__p__1651729

Ill check the 12z GFS charts soon and try to do a little update. But anyone is more than welcome to do this if they want :cold:

Posted

Just wondering why the v recently updated forecast for round here tallies with this mornings weather warning for Sun & Mon:

http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/blackpool_forecast_weather.html

http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_warnings.html?day=2

What to believe???